stripping parts

Related:
Create New Tag

12/17/2009 9:51 PM

so i'm painting my bike sunday and i usually just sand them down, but i want to try stripping them first this time.

got the aircraft stripper now my question is where do the rest of you do it at?? in the tub?? outside??? fill me in if youve done it before

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

12/17/2009 10:00 PM

I usually get paint stripper and do mine outside in an open area. Use anything that won't be chemically affected, so if you have a stern plastic tub that is resistent, go for it. I used a cardboard box last time, it held up, but I would say use a tub.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/17/2009 10:09 PM

concrete mixing tub.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/17/2009 10:16 PM

outside on concrete do not, i repeat do not do that shit inside also wear gloves the stuff instantly leaves a red mark upon contact. And Make sure to spray it thick then let it sit for longer than recommended once it sits long enough the paint will fall off mostly for you man!

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

12/18/2009 10:13 AM

OUTSIDE. Use gloves AND SAFETY GLASSES. I did my frame on asphalt, and then be able to wash it off (with a hose or something) after you strip it all off. Spray that stuff on it, let it sit like 30 minutes or so, then start scraping. I used old rags to clean the paint off. Get it on there super thick, and do it multiple times if needed. When you have it all pretty much off, clean the frame with a hose, and some clean rags, let it dry(dry it off), sand off any missed spots you want to clean up, maybe wire brush the tighter corners near welds etc. Wipe off after any sanding with a damp rag, let dry, tape over the brake mounts, and start priming!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/18/2009 10:16 AM

wear a pink hazmat suit.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

12/18/2009 10:56 AM

what color are you painting it?

|

12/18/2009 10:59 AM

rainbow duh...

|

Bike check?

12/18/2009 11:00 AM

huckerdavesucks wrote:

probably rainbow
lol

|

Sh-tan-re is awesome

12/18/2009 11:02 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

OUTSIDE. Use gloves AND SAFETY GLASSES. I did my frame on asphalt, and then be able to wash it off (with a hose or something) after you strip it all off. Spray that stuff on it, let it sit like 30 minutes or so, then start scraping. I used old rags to clean the paint off. Get it on there super thick, and do it multiple times if needed. When you have it all pretty much off, clean the frame with a hose, and some clean rags, let it dry(dry it off), sand off any missed spots you want to clean up, maybe wire brush the tighter corners near welds etc. Wipe off after any sanding with a damp rag, let dry, tape over the brake mounts, and start priming!

this

|

m.o.e.

12/18/2009 11:45 AM

i did mine outside, u could just do it on a towel and throw the towel away. it shouldnt eat the towel.....and make sure u have a plastic paint scraper

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

12/18/2009 12:01 PM

dude... paint it highliter yellow and neon red zebra stripe......thtd be friggin sweeetttttt....

|

Easternbiker93 wrote: And Jesus said "Thou shall not find humorous people, but only sarcastic ass hats on Vital"
JustRideBMX wrote: I can't ride high. All I wanna do is ball up and cuddle with everything.

12/18/2009 12:03 PM

huckerdavesucks wrote:

Shtanre wrote:

probably rainbow
lol

HAHA I did that for a buddy of mine who went to Sweden for a year and asked me to paint his bike, he said "pick a color," and I couldn't pick just one. It was rainbow until a little after he sold it (like a year later). Went over a lot better than I expected too...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/18/2009 12:04 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

wear a pink hazmat suit.

this

|

12/18/2009 12:07 PM

bmxrider1439 wrote:

dude... paint it highliter yellow and neon red zebra stripe......thtd be friggin sweeetttttt....

A Garrett paint job, eh?

|

Life is like a box of chocolates. Pick the right brand, and it turns out good.

12/18/2009 12:18 PM

i open up my garrage so i dont fuck up my drive way or grass. and then just place it over a tarp hanging

|

don't put your finger anywhere you wouldn't put your dick
cell# 518 682. 718.0.(only for parts)
refs
i ride fly, devyn, hattrckhcky, spikez5, blackout2010, 3514eclat, mikelee, brecher, TCbmx

12/18/2009 12:35 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

wear a pink hazmat suit.

kinkbmx525 wrote:

this

That!
LOL...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide