strongest forks?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2015 1:07 PM

Hi guys recently my buddy at my local park was riding the big box jump and snapped his eclat stevies clean off at the steerer tube. They were only about 6 months old he got a concussion and and stuff (with a helmet on). We both ride a lot of big stuff and I'm pretty hard on my bike in general. After he crashed I checked the welds on my fit blades and there were cracked almost all they way around on both fork arms after about a year of use. Forks breaking on a big jump is one of my biggest bmx fears. I'm thinking about getting the oddesey r32s are there anything anybody thinks is stronger? Weight is not an issue. I get parts aren't gonna last forever but I'd be nice to get a couple worry free years in. Thoughts?

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

jumpings ramps and stuff in the south!...of Canada

9/15/2015 1:10 PM

Get the Odysseys. Or Sunday. Both are pretty much the same thing. Strong & lifetime warranty.

inb4 Brayden comes in here bitching about Odyssey fanboys

|

9/15/2015 1:38 PM

Odyssey. And then INSPECT YOUR PARTS PERIODICALLY.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 1:42 PM

Deffiently awalys check my welds maybe I should do so more often but my buddys stevies broke inside the steerer tube right were it joins at the bottom no way he could have seen it comming. Scares me cause those are supposed pretty high end forks. Right?

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

9/15/2015 1:47 PM

airkamp91 wrote:

Deffiently awalys check my welds maybe I should do so more often but my buddys stevies broke inside the steerer tube right ...more

They designed the legs and drops well and didn't upgrade the steerer tube. Eclat must've fucked up. Or they were just a bad one.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/15/2015 2:28 PM

Odyssey /thread

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

9/15/2015 3:24 PM

Odyssey

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/15/2015 4:04 PM

Odyssey or Bone Deth Bottom Feeders

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

9/15/2015 4:17 PM

My friend who rides park says the only forks he hasn't broken on little stuff are his r32. He tried a giant gap, forks snapped, knocked his teeth out and had a seizure. Oddy sent him 2 brand new pairs and he still runs them, just doesn't ride very much park anymore.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/15/2015 4:26 PM

S&m pitchforks for life !

|

9/15/2015 6:18 PM

I've had odyssey classics for like 5 years now

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2015 11:24 PM

Always check and I'd go with Odyssey.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/15/2015 11:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2015 11:35 PM

Fiend or WTP Cream . No pegs for the Cream but supposedly they're strong as cunt and they have them at my local and they look amazing

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/16/2015 6:30 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

My friend who rides park says the only forks he hasn't broken on little stuff are his r32. He tried a giant gap, forks ...more

For the record, WE ALL take our lives into our own hands when we ride, doing big things or not. A part breaks and you fall just right and you're done. That simple. Could be a bar end stabbing you, could be a few spokes puncturing your leg, could be a frame snap to face smash.

So when people are like "I never work on my bike" and then something snaps and they whine, I have no sympathy for them.

In ANY other sport they INSPECT THEIR EQUIPMENT. BMX should be no different, especially if you are doing more than just riding down the street.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/16/2015 6:37 AM

Odyssey, or Pitchforks.

If pitchforks, get the new ones with the H24 cap.

|

9/16/2015 7:04 AM

I'd agree that Odyssey is a great fork.

www.albes.com

|

9/16/2015 7:05 AM

Odyssey and if you manage to break them they have warranty.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/16/2015 12:36 PM

I ride R32, they are strong. I ride hard on streets.

|

9/16/2015 8:04 PM

Must have been going really fucking hard to have broken anything eclat lol.

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.

9/16/2015 10:12 PM

luke_dawg wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I was planning on getting Stevie Forks actually . I like how they were "designed with strength in mind" and can last a truck down el toro . This guy must have flip whipped off Mt Everest or something

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/17/2015 9:32 AM

Odyssey Classic Dirt

|

9/18/2015 8:11 AM

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

9/18/2015 8:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2015 8:13 AM

eskimojay wrote:

S&m pitchforks for life !

Photo
lol
|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

9/20/2015 2:18 PM

Sounds like I'm going with oddesey gonna get me a pair of chrome r32s from the local and about the stevies he broke them on a decent sized box jump maybe 12 or so feet from take of to start of landing

|

@Instagram - Mkamp1991

9/21/2015 5:44 AM

luke_dawg wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I was planning on getting Stevie Forks actually . I like how they were "designed with strength in mind" ...more

Eclat parts dont break. Its a fact

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.