stupid question

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2013 7:29 PM

is it ok to use soccer shin guard for bmx or any kind of shin guards from walmart be cause i have been trying to do footjam tailwhips and i always fuck up my shins (pls reply

|

4/28/2013 7:32 PM

should work, but soccer pads aren't very big so you may get hit where they dont cover

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

4/28/2013 7:37 PM

Just practice them constantly, i practiced them constantly like non-stop for 2 hours and got them, i don't hop in though

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/28/2013 7:38 PM

What? wrote:

Just practice them constantly, i practiced them constantly like non-stop for 2 hours and got them, i don't hop in though

and yea, any shinguards will work

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/28/2013 7:42 PM

I had like 2 pairs of shinguards when I played soccer that covered like halfway around my leg.
Even the expensive ones get pretty sweaty.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/28/2013 8:42 PM

Try some xl soccer guards. They make some thAt are a gel lining inside a sock that go knee high. Won't stop intense bruising though

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/28/2013 10:33 PM

You really don't need shin guards though to learn foot jam whips, i hit my shin maybe a few times out of 100's of attempts and it wasn't that bad, unless you have metal pedals or metal pins

|

DialedGuerraBmx

4/28/2013 10:49 PM

What? wrote:

You really don't need shin guards though to learn foot jam whips, i hit my shin maybe a few times out of 100's of attempts and ...more

You said above you don't hop in though so you probably don't do them on banks, to hop back in right? Shin guard can reallllyy help you there. you gotta fully commit to hopping back into the bank or whatever you're going back into or you'll likely fuck up, and if you don't land back on your pedals fully you can easily slip off I've done that plenty of times and shinners with plastic pedals still hurt like fuck.

I slammed my shin really bad one time to the point where simply touching it would hurt so I just threw on some old soccer shin guards I had in my closet on just to be safe and went out riding.. ended up hitting it on some other trick and didn't even feel it. No idea what brand they are.. but yes soccer guards will work fine

|

4/29/2013 12:57 AM

Just get some actual BMX shin guards.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/29/2013 7:58 AM

To those saying you don't need them, while this is true, they are a GREAT thing to have. Same goes with knee pads, and a helmet.

Go on, hate if you must. The way I see it is you have one body, you might as well protect it so you can function in 50 years.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/29/2013 8:03 AM

What Dave said. I REALLY want shin and knee pads. But I have no money and my parents won't pay for them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/29/2013 4:53 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

What Dave said. I REALLY want shin and knee pads. But I have no money and my parents won't pay for them.

my parents dont buy me nothing lol

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/29/2013 7:48 PM

I'd say yes to the soccer pads, they might leave a gap but it will still help and you should always wear protection when you are learning a new trick or having sex wink but yeah wear a helmet and some shinnies they will help with confidence and if you do slip up and you might get some hate but just ignore them they will shut up when they fuck up

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/30/2013 2:02 AM

practice catching your pedals by standing with your foot already jammed in and the frame to your side, and push it round so you're only doing the jumping on part. It helped me loads, got them within 5 mins of using that lil trick. And always try to jump into them, if you dont its hard for your pedals to be level (you have to basically kick them straight while kicking the tail round) so its much harder to catch them, so you'll end up with more shinners.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/30/2013 3:42 AM

Pfft. Just be a man. Chicks dig scars, at least that's what I tell my wife

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/30/2013 4:06 AM

Gump wrote:

Pfft. Just be a man. Chicks dig scars, at least that's what I tell my wife

haha, you that type of guy that shows everybody their latest most impressive injury? i am....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/30/2013 7:55 AM

No I'm the sorta guy that started riding when the best pedals where bear traps then tenderizors

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.