sunny.jomofo

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2013 2:47 AM

I know you're worried about damaging your drop-outs so I thought I would show you the damage my Kink Liberty (seeing as we pretty much own the same bike) has taken after a few years.

Front forks haven't been painted over so that is the legit damage, the frame drop-outs have been painted over and i haven't had pegs on after so the dent is pretty much what it'll look like but with heaps more scratches, note: iv had this frame for for a few years and that is the only damage it has taken from me grinding without using hub guards. So stop worrying about your drop-outs snapping off etc

Photo

Photo

|

2/1/2013 2:50 AM

This.
And trev if i was you id shorten up that chain a bit, but thats me an my stupid pet peeves haha

|

2/1/2013 2:52 AM

Also forgot to mention when I run pegs I used a different wheel for grinding and the hub/spokes etc are a bit dented and scratched but it doesn't really affect anything besides looking shit.

|

2/1/2013 2:54 AM

Puffynug wrote:

This.
And trev if i was you id shorten up that chain a bit, but thats me an my stupid pet peeves haha

Yeah I would, but I don't have a half link, so the chain is either too long or too short.

|

2/1/2013 3:19 AM

Trev wrote:

Yeah I would, but I don't have a half link, so the chain is either too long or too short.

Ah shit i looked at your chain to make sure before i said that but i can deff tell now, my bad.

|

2/1/2013 3:32 AM

Wow. That bike has held up great. Kink is truly one of the top bmx brands.
I can't see 100 percent because of the scratches, but besides the dent in the top, the insides of the drop outs look like they are still straight and in pretty good condition.
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

|

2/1/2013 3:35 AM

But isn't the rear axle a bit too far back from the drop outs?

I mean the furthest mine goes back is this much and I thought that was too much lol

Photo

Photo

|

2/1/2013 3:42 AM

My axle is like that because I have a different chain and do not have a half links to make it a perfect length, yours came stock so it'll fit perfectly. All you need to do it pull the rim back until the chain is tight and tighten it but line up the wheel while you're at it.

|

2/1/2013 5:13 AM

i should take a picture of my sundays drop outs , 2009 frame and all i do is grind ahah

|

2/1/2013 6:07 AM

Here is where I think they kind of look bent. I circled the exact places.

Photo

Photo

|

2/1/2013 6:13 AM

they are fine , even if they bent it would be fine

|

2/1/2013 6:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2013 6:17 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

But you see how the tips (where the white light reflection is) are kind of bent?
So you think it's just how they were manufactured?

|

2/1/2013 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2013 6:24 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

But you see how the tips (where the white light reflection is) are kind of bent?

its only slighty off , it doesnt matter though cause when you tighten the bolts they will straighten out . and honestly you will never get anywhere in this sport if you worry about every little thing . just ride it , if it bends it bends , if it breaks it breaks

hell when i had my first bike , stock fit frame , it was my goal to bend and destroy that frame.

|

2/1/2013 7:23 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

I can't see 100 percent because of the scratches, but besides the dent in the top, the insides of the drop outs look like they are still straight and in pretty good condition.

Lol no. Maybe top twenty.

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

2/1/2013 7:33 AM

SickDude wrote:

Top 5

|

Street. Park.

2/1/2013 7:51 AM

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

2/1/2013 8:18 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

its only slighty off , it doesnt matter though cause when you tighten the bolts they will straighten out . and honestly you will never get anywhere in this sport if you worry about every little thing . just ride it , if it bends it bends , if it breaks it breaks

hell when i had my first bike , stock fit frame , it was my goal to bend and destroy that frame.

So do you think I did that or it was manufactured like that.

|

2/1/2013 8:21 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Definitely in the top 10. You can't possibly name 19 other companies that are better

|

2/1/2013 8:34 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

SickDude wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Definitely in the top 10. You can't possibly name 19 other companies that are better

Odyssey
G-Sport
Fit
Sunday
S&M
Standard
Solid
Fly
BSD
Demolition
Primo
Eclat
Shadow
Animal
Subrosa
Federal
FBM
United
Tree

Nothing wrong with Kink, but you are definitely Overhyping it.

|

2/1/2013 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2013 8:48 AM

Post deleted

|

2/1/2013 8:48 AM

G sport, profile, standard, solid, primo, BSD, federal, Subrosa, united and tree would be behind kink.

|

2/1/2013 9:23 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

G sport, profile, standard, solid, primo, BSD, federal, Subrosa, united and tree would be behind kink.

G-Sport are the best Wheel part manufacturer in the Game IMO, there Rims and Hubs are next to none.
Profile Hubs, Stems and Sprockets are amazing quality.
Standard Frames are some of the best around, there US Made Supertherm OX Platinum Frames are a lot better than the Taiwanese Made (Sanko?) Kinks.
Solid is very similar to Standard, they make some Cult Stuff aswell
Primo BSD, Federal, Subrosa and United I guess are pretty close to Kink.
Tree stuff is amazing, the ingenuity and Creativity put in to there Seats, Stems, Sprockets and Hubs is next to none.

|

2/1/2013 9:24 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

What the fuck are you crazy... You are definitely over-hyping Kink as BMX_forever said.

Here's my old Kink Launch frame. It was high-tensile but it only lasted a year after I learned to bunnyhop...
The forks, hubs and cranks also died on my old Kink Launch.

Photo

|

2/1/2013 9:25 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Hahahahahaah you know your parts aye

|

2/1/2013 9:27 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

I honestly cant see what you are talking about, it looks normal...

|

2/1/2013 9:28 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

G-Sport are the best Wheel part manufacturer in the Game IMO, there Rims and Hubs are next to none.
Standard Frames are some of the best around, there US Made Supertherm OX Platinum Frames are a lot better than the Taiwanese Made (Sanko?) Kinks.
Tree stuff is amazing, the ingenuity and Creativity put in to there Seats, Stems, Sprockets and Hubs is next to none.

That's the point, most of these companies have a area of expertise, one is well known for wheels, the other for stems and another for pedals etc. but kink is one of the very few all rounders.

And I don't think kink uses sanko, besides on some of their pro frames.

On most if their completes it just says 100 percent 4130 chromoly

|

2/1/2013 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2013 9:48 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

That's the point, most of these companies have a area of expertise, one is well known for wheels, the other for stems and another for pedals etc. but kink is one of the very few all rounders.

How can you say that a company is better than another because they have more products over another? You're saying quantity is better than quality...

|

2/1/2013 9:35 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

brianoob wrote:

What the fuck are you crazy... You are definitely over-hyping Kink as BMX_forever said.

Here's my old Kink Launch frame. It was high-tensile but it only lasted a year after I learned to bunnyhop...
The forks, hubs and cranks also died on my old Kink Launch.

Photo

No offense, but that is a launch. I've been around a few forums and all I see is people saying that kink makes good frames, forks, bars, tires, pegs and completes.

Actually the company started when the owner got frustrated that the bikes he bought kept breaking down on him. So he decided to start his own brand

|

2/1/2013 9:36 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Man u stuped

Shit these dudes better watch out they might bend their dropouts

|

2/1/2013 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2013 9:44 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

sunny.jomofo wrote:

brianoob wrote:

How can you say that a company is better than another because they have more products over another? You're saying quantity is better than quality...

No, what I'm saying is if a company that makes the best tires in the world decides to starts making frames, it won't neccessarily mean that their frames are going to be "the best in the world" like their tires.

So it would be a pretty silly idea to place that company over the one that makes sturdy products all round, just because the former makes good tires

|