taking apart this remix

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2013 6:28 PM

Aka reskip retard hub

today this stupid thing decided to make my cranks pedal forward and i know the illuminati did it but anyone have some advice for repairing the hub shell bearings re greasing them and what not and what to use and overral getting the wheel to spin better i cannot stand the drag it kills my manuals

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/3/2013 6:32 PM

Try putting a loaded gun to your head & pulling the trigger, that might fix it

|

6/3/2013 6:34 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Try putting a loaded gun to your head & pulling the trigger, that might fix it

well whats your address and perhaps ill get on that wink

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/3/2013 6:38 PM

666 Illuminati Avenue

|

6/3/2013 7:13 PM

Make sure the safety is off.

But your a classic retard if you need help on this. You hit eah end of the axle to knock out the bearings. Then grease and repack.

I feel like you don't know how to maintain a bike. The remix is a great hub and the 3 locally plus mine haven't skipped once

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/3/2013 7:58 PM

future FBM wrote:

Make sure the safety is off.

But your a classic retard if you need help on this. You hit eah end of the axle to knock out the bearings. Then grease and repack.

I feel like you don't know how to maintain a bike. The remix is a great hub and the 3 locally plus mine haven't skipped once

yea i know how to do all of that with my Eyes on the pyramid, but is their a specific grease i should use and i know you have to use something really light that doesn't chunk up for the driver

skips everyday at least twice, skipped the day i got it, took the driver out absolutely nothing, took it apart earlier this spring to find the inner drive ring was loosing small chunks of metal from it skipping, i ride 25 9 and i mean i have strong legs but it still shouldn't be doing this

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/3/2013 9:57 PM

damn this place is pathetic

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/3/2013 10:07 PM

well mabey pepole dont like to be talking to pepole who are absolute tards who belive the "illuminati" has anything to do to anytthing that goes on

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/3/2013 10:39 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

You're pathetic. Maybe if you didn't bitch & moan like a little toddler not getting its way about Cult & other dumb shit, people would be more willing to help you. You get what you give. I kinda feel bad for you though so I'm gonna help you out.

Replace the bearings. They're tiny and will probably break upon tapping them out & putting them back in. They're 6802, 4 of them in the shell. This will ensure you will have a wheel that will spin better.

If you still want to regrease them, I just use a mutli-purpose grease called Mystik Lubricants you can get at like walmart or something. Works well for me. Tap the bearings out and pop the rubber seals off, clean them out really good then dab some grease in there on both sides then pop the seal back on and clean off any excess grease, then tap them back in.

For the driver do the same with the bearing as you did the other bearings, but for the needle bearing I usually just drop a finer oil like 3 in 1 in there. Make sure the springs are still good by pushing down on each of them, they should have a firm push to them and not a loose feel or too easy to push down. Take them out and clean them up nice, check the pawls for any sign of wear which would be causing it to skip. If all is good, put them back in the correct direction and proceed to the next step, if they're all chewed up then you need new pawls and that's a reason it's skipping.

Now before you put the driver back in, clean where it goes out really well. If you have access to brake cleaner & an air compressor, this works nicely. Spray the brake cleaner in there, hold a towel over it and use the air compressor to spray under the towel inside the hub. It'll clean it out, bone dry. If you don't then just clean it out with towels/paper towels, whatever, and make sure no gunk and shit are in there. Put a bit of grease against the bearing that is on that side of the hub and a tiny, ladybug sized dab on the top of each pawl. Put the driver back in CORRECTLY, failure to do so can result in a tight driver & maybe even skipping related problems. It should go: small spacer ring, driver bearing, another small spacer ring that is slightly different than the other, needle bearing & needle bearing roller, then the locknut. If you're missing any of these pieces, again, you need new ones.

Now for the locknuts. For the non-drive side nut, make sure it isn't rubbing any of the hub shell. This will cause drag and slow your hub down a lot. Grind damage causes that. Also make sure the stepped part of the locknut isn't worn out, there should be a veryyy tiny space in between the nut and hub shell. If it's actually touching, then you need a tiny spacer between them so the stepped part of the locknut is making proper contact with the bearing. Tighten it up then and move onto the drive side nut.

For this, it's steel so it doesn't warp or deform.. BUT, it can be too tight. I've noticed a lot of Mix/Remix/Match's drivers get too tight and cause it to spin shitty. Tighten it against the driver to get everything into the driver into place awhile, then innstead of tightening the locknut a lot, back the nut out and then tighten it by hand until it starts to get even the slightest bit hard to turn. Once you feel it come in contact with the needle bearing, stop, back it out a quarter turn, and then put it on your bike and tighen the axle nuts and you're good to go.

I do this with my Mix/Match hub and it spins better than anyone's Mix/Match hubs that I know. Even the driver spins much better.

|

6/4/2013 10:14 AM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You're pathetic. Maybe if you didn't bitch & moan like a little toddler not getting its way about Cult & other dumb shit, people would be more willing to help you. You get what you give. I kinda feel bad for you though so I'm gonna help you out.

Replace the bearings. They're tiny and will probably break upon tapping them out & putting them back in. They're 6802, 4 of them in the shell. This will ensure you will have a wheel that will spin better.

If you still want to regrease them, I just use a mutli-purpose grease called Mystik Lubricants you can get at like walmart or something. Works well for me. Tap the bearings out and pop the rubber seals off, clean them out really good then dab some grease in there on both sides then pop the seal back on and clean off any excess grease, then tap them back in.

For the driver do the same with the bearing as you did the other bearings, but for the needle bearing I usually just drop a finer oil like 3 in 1 in there. Make sure the springs are still good by pushing down on each of them, they should have a firm push to them and not a loose feel or too easy to push down. Take them out and clean them up nice, check the pawls for any sign of wear which would be causing it to skip. If all is good, put them back in the correct direction and proceed to the next step, if they're all chewed up then you need new pawls and that's a reason it's skipping.

Now before you put the driver back in, clean where it goes out really well. If you have access to brake cleaner & an air compressor, this works nicely. Spray the brake cleaner in there, hold a towel over it and use the air compressor to spray under the towel inside the hub. It'll clean it out, bone dry. If you don't then just clean it out with towels/paper towels, whatever, and make sure no gunk and shit are in there. Put a bit of grease against the bearing that is on that side of the hub and a tiny, ladybug sized dab on the top of each pawl. Put the driver back in CORRECTLY, failure to do so can result in a tight driver & maybe even skipping related problems. It should go: small spacer ring, driver bearing, another small spacer ring that is slightly different than the other, needle bearing & needle bearing roller, then the locknut. If you're missing any of these pieces, again, you need new ones.

Now for the locknuts. For the non-drive side nut, make sure it isn't rubbing any of the hub shell. This will cause drag and slow your hub down a lot. Grind damage causes that. Also make sure the stepped part of the locknut isn't worn out, there should be a veryyy tiny space in between the nut and hub shell. If it's actually touching, then you need a tiny spacer between them so the stepped part of the locknut is making proper contact with the bearing. Tighten it up then and move onto the drive side nut.

For this, it's steel so it doesn't warp or deform.. BUT, it can be too tight. I've noticed a lot of Mix/Remix/Match's drivers get too tight and cause it to spin shitty. Tighten it against the driver to get everything into the driver into place awhile, then innstead of tightening the locknut a lot, back the nut out and then tighten it by hand until it starts to get even the slightest bit hard to turn. Once you feel it come in contact with the needle bearing, stop, back it out a quarter turn, and then put it on your bike and tighen the axle nuts and you're good to go.

I do this with my Mix/Match hub and it spins better than anyone's Mix/Match hubs that I know. Even the driver spins much better.

thank you

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/4/2013 2:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2013 2:57 PM

well i couldn't find the Mystik Lubricants but i did grab some 3 in 1, Napa premium performance multi-purpose exreme pressure wheel bearing and chassis grease, and some AGS Lite-Ease white power lithium grease multi-purpose all weather

not sure witch one i should use, i used napa when i did my g-sport worked alright bet the hub would have lasted if gorge would have sent me that damn driver, and thats one thing i have every right to be pissed off about i had pictures and even a couple videos of the wobble in the driver and he was a douche about it and that kinda stuff is hard to let go just saying

ill get some pics up of these lubes

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/4/2013 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2013 3:04 PM

im with sundaybmxRR on the gun trick

seem to work for plzdntfailmeagn

|

6/4/2013 4:49 PM

greenbastard wrote:

im with sundaybmxRR on the gun trick

seem to work for plzdntfailmeagn

kill yourself faggot

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/4/2013 6:44 PM

Dude your handicapped. You don't need light grease for bearings. For the driver, yes. You are either over tightening or under tightening your hub. If you have a guard it probably pressed into your cones(drive or non drive side) then when you loosen your wheel, the guard and cone spin. Thus listening your hub again. This is 100% user error. Primo has a bad ass hub, sure it has smaller bearings, but it is well manufactured. Every hub will skip in a blue moon, that's life. If it skips anymore, your doing something wrong. Now go drink some lye and do the world a favor.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/7/2013 8:59 AM

future FBM wrote:

Dude your handicapped. You don't need light grease for bearings. For the driver, yes. You are either over tightening or under tightening your hub. If you have a guard it probably pressed into your cones(drive or non drive side) then when you loosen your wheel, the guard and cone spin. Thus listening your hub again. This is 100% user error. Primo has a bad ass hub, sure it has smaller bearings, but it is well manufactured. Every hub will skip in a blue moon, that's life. If it skips anymore, your doing something wrong. Now go drink some lye and do the world a favor.

Photo
|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life