tech question about cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2009 7:44 PM

will any spindle fit into any bottom bracket?

|

Love Life,Ride BMX The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends
If your not living on the Edge , your taking up too much space!!

1/7/2009 7:46 PM

no. spindles come in different mm size. so you need bearings that are the same. unless you are talking about mid,spanish, etc. then yeah.

|

1/7/2009 7:48 PM

spindles are usually 19mm or 22mm you can use any kind of bb long as its the right size for the spindle

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

1/7/2009 7:51 PM

ok. so like an eastern spindle will fit it a profile bb?

cuz i have a profile american bb. but if i buy a new spindle it just has to be the same internal size of 19mm or 22mm?

|

1/7/2009 7:54 PM

freeagent72 wrote:

ok. so like an eastern spindle will fit it a profile bb?

cuz i have a profile american bb. but if i buy a new spindle it just has to be the same internal size of 19mm or 22mm?

yeah
a 19 mm spindle will fit a 19 mm bottom bracket and so on

|

all i doo is ride my bike
i dont give a fuck, shit

1/7/2009 7:57 PM

ok cool. that works out perfectly for me. now i just need to find out what size bb i have. anyone know what size the profile monster is?

|

1/8/2009 6:06 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

this is why i need new cranks
|

1/8/2009 6:10 PM

I can't tell from the picture...my guess is American though...take a picture of the non-drive side and I'll tell you for sure.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

1/8/2009 6:29 PM

i'm having the same problem, ive got an american bb crank and am putting it in a mid bb, i thought they used the same size spindles? it goes in halfway through the spindle and then stops... any suggestions?

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/8/2009 6:32 PM

ridebmxnc wrote:

i'm having the same problem, ive got an american bb crank and am putting it in a mid bb, i thought they used the same size spindles? it goes in halfway through the spindle and then stops... any suggestions?

You probably have to hit the spindle in lightly with a mallet to make it set right...you shouldn't have to hit too hard though...If you're pounding and nothing's moving, then something's wrong.

|

1/8/2009 6:35 PM

but they do use the same size spindle right? i put my cranks back in with the bent pedal boss and they slid in easy so idk wtf is going on with my other cranks... i'm gonna try and work on it again tommorow after i ride

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

1/8/2009 6:39 PM

ridebmxnc wrote:

but they do use the same size spindle right? i put my cranks back in with the bent pedal boss and they slid in easy so idk wtf is going on with my other cranks... i'm gonna try and work on it again tommorow after i ride

Maybe...it's most likely either 19mm or 22mm (maybe 20mm,that's rare though)...you'd have to use a measuring caliper to measure the spindle exactly...

|

1/8/2009 7:00 PM

i have an american bb. i was just wondering what size it is. but now i know its a 19

|