tennis elbow

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2016 4:16 AM

Anyone ever get this and did you have to lay off the BMX to get it to heal? I have looked online and think i have tennis elbow, there is a better name for it but it's way to many letters. The #1 prescription for it is resting it for up to SIX WEEKS! Even if I lay off the bike I still have to work, so anyone else have any success with this? and if so did you use the straps or what?

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

9/12/2016 5:46 AM

I have a sprained wrist and I'm still playing basketball, riding bike, running, carrying heavy things. My wrist will probably never heal, lol

|

9/12/2016 6:09 AM

They have good mesh-like elbow sleeves that help support your joints and stuff. Maybe try something like that?

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/12/2016 7:38 AM

yea your best bet will probably be wearing sleeves or something of that sort.

|

9/12/2016 10:47 AM

Shadow recently came out with a new line of slim safety gear I would look into it.

http://shadowdev2.com/shop/riding-gear-gloves.html

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/12/2016 10:57 AM

Compression sleeve, alternate Ice and heat, the occasional anti-inflammatory medicine and REST.

I am going through the same thing right now, and heat so far has been the best helper. I plan to heat it in the morning and ice in the afternoon.

For me it makes it UBER hard to hop or grip, so transition riding is about my only option.

I would suggest take a riding break and film your homies for a bit and let it rest up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/12/2016 4:09 PM

allright thanks guys!

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

9/13/2016 3:39 PM

Yeah, I posted in Dave's thread about this the other day.

Stretching rubber bands with your fingers helps a ton.

Also, use the thickest grips you can find.

|