the hype?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2014 7:36 PM

Why the hypevover the keychain? From what I can tell, it's thick ass chain. I've seen chains with similar shape. The masterlink is the only thing I can see that's really innovative. I get that it's going to be super tough and that they had one hell of a time finding a manufacturer, but the hype? What other features are there that I've missed? It just seems silly to me. The supreme chain is more innovative from what I can see, and I haven't heard half as much about it. Now please, correct me. I'm probably missing the biggest piece of the puzzle.

|

4/2/2014 7:51 PM

It's made by odyssey

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/2/2014 7:55 PM

Its the master link.... And the original hype was because it was supposed to be completely made of those allen key pins. so you would no longer need a chain breaker.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

4/2/2014 8:08 PM

5mm thick hollow pins rather than 3mm solid pins. Stronger, plus more contact with the plates so the plates don't peel off. 1.4mm thick plates rather than 1.2mm or thinner, and they're lower profile so you don't catch the chain on things. Plus the master link and half link which makes it so much easier to work with. And it's as light as a 510 and will stretch less than virtually any other chain. The hype is because it IS the best chain ever designed. It is the ultimate chain, you can't get any better.

The Supreme half link is Shadow's desperate attempt to "fix" a horribly flawed design. Not even close to a Keychain. I would even ride a 510 over the Supreme half link.

|

4/2/2014 8:13 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

5mm thick hollow pins rather than 3mm solid pins. Stronger, plus more contact with the plates so the plates don't peel off. ...more

I've never looked into it, but do you need a special chain breaker for hollow pins? And whats the point in the special pins if I'm going to have to break it to adjust it? Not completely educated so I can't completely criticize.

|

4/2/2014 8:39 PM

I think you will have to measure/break the keychain once, though I can't say that 100% certain. Having a hex key is a really good idea. I'm not huge on odyssey, but the design of it speaks for itself. I run 28/9 and pedal hard. I used a cult half link (which is just kmc anyway) and it was stretched out and broken in no time. Every interlock 2 I've ever seen on someone's bike was sagging or had some crunching noise that didn't sound healthy. I personally feel a lot better having full links in an area of stress. I try not to even throw one half link at all if I can. Lastly, I think that supreme thing looks really lame. I don't know. Just me.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

4/2/2014 8:48 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I've never looked into it, but do you need a special chain breaker for hollow pins? And whats the point in the special pins if ...more

The chain includes an adapter to break it. You only need to break it once, then you use to Allen keys, which greatly simplifies installation and removal for things like changing your tire and such. Plus, the threaded pins ensures that all the pins are at factory tightness or as close as possible, one of the major flaws of a chain.

|

4/2/2014 9:12 PM

Personally , it's a chain. Not a stem or wheel.

A chain.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/2/2014 9:25 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

5mm thick hollow pins rather than 3mm solid pins. Stronger, plus more contact with the plates so the plates don't peel off. ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

I've never looked into it, but do you need a special chain breaker for hollow pins? And whats the point in the special pins if ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The chain includes an adapter to break it. You only need to break it once, then you use to Allen keys, which greatly ...more

Looks like I'm going from bluebird to key.

|

4/3/2014 12:10 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Its the master link.... And the original hype was because it was supposed to be completely made of those allen key pins. so ...more

This.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/3/2014 10:37 AM

I ride generic kmc 710s & 510s so the keychain will be something different for me.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/3/2014 11:10 AM

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/3/2014 11:20 AM

Master link eh......haven't used one of those in a long time

|

4/3/2014 12:03 PM

I prefer NOT using a master link. Just don't trust em.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/3/2014 12:48 PM

My bluebird chain didnt come with one master link. I dont know why lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/3/2014 3:33 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Although I agree the key chain is probably gunna be awesome, I don't think the supreme is a 'desprite attempt' at fixing the v2. Shadow are really stepping their shit up, I reckon it'll be better than all chains EXCEPT maybe the key chain. But I personally like full links, so unless the supreme turns out to be even better than the keychain I'll go with odyssey on this one......

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/3/2014 5:32 PM

When I first heard about the Keychain I was super pumped! I was like "Yeah, now I won't even need a chain breaker!" But now all that hype is dying off for me and I may just order a KMC Kool chain soon. I need a new chain because mine is really stretched and weak and bad and I don't know how much longer I should wait before I get a new chain!

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)