the lazy mans tube

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2009 7:37 AM

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

12/15/2009 9:23 AM

I wouldn't call it the lazy man's tube, i would say it is geared to those who don't like to haul a a bag full of tools around, and also to those who have their wheel slammed to the point of breaking a chain to take it off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/15/2009 10:37 AM

thats crazy!!

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

12/15/2009 10:40 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I wouldn't call it the lazy man's tube, i would say it is geared to those who don't like to haul a a bag full of tools around, and also to those who have their wheel slammed to the point of breaking a chain to take it off.

yea true i carry a big backpack heavier then me wherever i go ride it'd be nice to have one i mean if you have the money why not? i like the idea if your out riding and need to throw one on quick before it rains or something but if your home with all your tools sitting there bored might as well just use a regular tube

|

12/15/2009 10:45 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

ryanxanimalbmx wrote:

yea true i carry a big backpack heavier then me wherever i go ride it'd be nice to have one i mean if you have the money why not? i like the idea if your out riding and need to throw one on quick before it rains or something but if your home with all your tools sitting there bored might as well just use a regular tube

im going to get 2 of those tubes. theyve been in testing for a few years now, so they are strong, and made by flykissing
ill put one in my front to test it out, and keep one for my rear for a spare.
i have my wheel slammed to where i need to break the chain, so its perfect.
dont hate on it

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

12/15/2009 10:45 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

u always make me rethink what i say hahaha

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

12/15/2009 10:48 AM

I see they are finally being sold! Good idea for the person in a hurry or with the tight chains. But if you still have a normal tube on, and have that new tube for a back up, you would still have to take the wheel all the way off, unless you have somthing to cut the old tube out. You would have to always run one of these to twitch out quick and without taking wheel all the way off, unless you have somthing to cut regular tube out.

|

12/15/2009 10:48 AM

Over 30 and still riding wrote:

I see they are finally being sold! Good idea for the person in a hurry or with the tight chains. But if you still have a normal tube on, and have that new tube for a back up, you would still have to take the wheel all the way off, unless you have somthing to cut the old tube out. You would have to always run one of these to twitch out quick and without taking wheel all the way off, unless you have somthing to cut regular tube out.

yeah. i carry a pocket knife everywhere, so im good

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)

12/15/2009 10:50 AM

alexnjbmx wrote:

Same here with the knife.

|

12/15/2009 10:55 AM

alexnjbmx wrote:

Same here with the knife.

no doubt

|

12/15/2009 11:06 AM

It ain't the lazy man's tube. It's for quicker, simpler flat fixes. For rich kids. ...but don't act like you don't want fast easy shit.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

12/15/2009 11:07 AM

imchrisperez wrote:

It ain't the lazy man's tube. It's for quicker, simpler flat fixes. For rich kids. ...but don't act like you don't want fast easy shit.

it might be for "rich kids", but it will last long, if you just patch it when it gets flat

|

12/15/2009 11:10 AM

I want to see how it rolles on the spot where you connect it. Is there going to be any buldges there or low spots.

|

12/15/2009 11:12 AM

I want to see how it rolles on the spot where you connect it. Is there going to be any buldges there or low spots.

i doubt it will be weird. theyve been testing it for about 4 years now(maybe 5)

|

12/15/2009 11:55 AM

i dont get how it works???

|

12/15/2009 12:01 PM

Um,everyone knows you can patch a tube without taking the wheel off right?Seems like it would be easier to carry a patch kit than a tube.Plus you wouldnt have to cut the old tube in half to get it off.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

12/15/2009 12:07 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Um,everyone knows you can patch a tube without taking the wheel off right?Seems like it would be easier to carry a patch kit than a tube.Plus you wouldnt have to cut the old tube in half to get it off.

Honestly I think people are so hell bent on getting a new tube they forget about them.

|

12/15/2009 12:08 PM

i wouldnt mind paying ten bucks for a tube if i knew it would last

|

12/15/2009 12:09 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Honestly I think people are so hell bent on getting a new tube they forget about them.

i hate using patches takes too long to dry i would rather pay 3 bucks for a new tube

|

12/15/2009 12:25 PM

bloghogs wrote:

nrpyles wrote:

i hate using patches takes too long to dry i would rather pay 3 bucks for a new tube

i get the patches you just stick on without glue. they work great and i don't even have to take my wheel off. 3 bucks and i can fix a flat 20 times. the only time i get a new tube is if it blows up and theres a huge hole.

fly does have a pretty cool idea though.

|

12/15/2009 12:26 PM

nrpyles wrote:

alohabmx wrote:

i get the patches you just stick on without glue. they work great and i don't even have to take my wheel off. 3 bucks and i can fix a flat 20 times. the only time i get a new tube is if it blows up and theres a huge hole.

fly does have a pretty cool idea though.

yeah. i have the same as you.
and yes, fly makes super good stuff

|

12/15/2009 12:42 PM

bloghogs wrote:

nrpyles wrote:

This tube is 10 bucks,and it is no more flat proof than any other tube.

|

12/15/2009 1:07 PM

GREAT IDEA! And very innovative. Prooves my point that Fly is one of the most creative bike companys.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

12/15/2009 3:00 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Patches are temporary.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/15/2009 3:02 PM

bloghogs wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Patches are temporary.

this. this tube might not be for eveyone, but it is a good idea

|

12/15/2009 3:02 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

ryanxanimalbmx wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

im going to get 2 of those tubes. theyve been in testing for a few years now, so they are strong, and made by flykissing
dont hate on it

Actually, they are designed by fly, probably made by Cheng Shin or Kenda (Two biggest tire makers on the planet, they make a majority of all bike tires, just slap a companys name on em after they are designed etc)

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/15/2009 3:03 PM

ryanxanimalbmx wrote:

alexnjbmx wrote:

dont hate on it

dave lawrence wrote:

Actually, they are designed by fly, probably made by Cheng Shin or Kenda (Two biggest tire makers on the planet, they make a majority of all bike tires, just slap a companys name on em after they are designed etc)

yeah. im still gonna get a couple

|

12/15/2009 3:07 PM

bloghogs wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Patches are temporary.

Elaborate please

|

12/15/2009 3:07 PM

bloghogs wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Patches are temporary.

bloghogs wrote:

Elaborate please

the glue on them can wear away, resulting in the patch falling off

|

12/15/2009 3:15 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Patches are temporary.

bloghogs wrote:

Elaborate please

alexnjbmx wrote:

the glue on them can wear away, resulting in the patch falling off

if it's on the top though, against the tire, wouldn't the pressure keep it from coming apart?

|