these damn 180s

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2008 11:58 AM

no matter what i try, i can't do it. i just got new tires, so i'm still getting use to those but even then, that's no excuse not to be able to get a 180 down. more than anything, i just want to get the 180 down, and the fakie rollback down later.

so PLEASE give me some advice on how to do it or maybe some things i can practice to get me closer to a 180

thanks in advance.

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

5/10/2008 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/10/2008 12:01 PM

what i did was practice on the drive way or a mellow ramp, so you don't have to roll out, once you get the motion, start going on flat. Or try 180 g turns, that also help me get the motion

|

<insert signature here>

5/10/2008 1:16 PM

buy a trampoline

|

Rory: Seriously, that guy is too good at Guitar Hero. I don’t even want to play anymore.
Star: You know why he’s good, right? He doesn’t have sex. This is what he does instead.
Rory: Okay, I feel better now.

5/10/2008 1:31 PM

when i get a couple extra hundred dollars and a yard to do it in, i'll consider that.

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

5/10/2008 2:41 PM

go up to a little hill and pull to the side and there is no fakie so itss easier to learn

|

Ride Bikes

5/10/2008 3:17 PM

It's important to do lots of bunny hops everyday, like its your job. When you get good smooth hops and they feel effortless you'll be warmed up for 180's. Fakie roll outs are also extremely important I know that your stoked on the 180's but you'll just burn yourself out if you just concentrate on them only. There is a spot here where I am that has a nice smooth curb cut to grass. Find something like that to practice cuz you don't really need the curb cut but it will be a visual reference point, and "mini ramp" for timing. Plus the grass can be friendly. I just don't see the point of doing the 180 with out a dialed fakie roll out. I would think about that real hard if I was you "seriously". If you turn the bars and your torso/head leading into the hop (with the front end up as high as a real good bunny hop) just extend your arms a little like a regular tuck while you twist around your lower body to straighten out the landing. If you are landing,stopping and stepping off to the "inside" of the bike (taking the foot that is farthest back used to rotate bike off) it is because the bike is still tilted (laid down) in the same direction as your initial turn. Thats why fakie roll outs are important. The moment of landing is quick series of movements: bending the legs/absorbing the landing and staying low, back pedal, and tilting the bike down on the opposite side. This will either cause you to land level or put you in position to fakie. Fakies are also easier than 180's for a lot of people. I personally don't know how it wouldn't be for you. Knowing them helps with the 180 cuz it leaves you confident and familiar with the landing. Also make sure you have at the LEAST 65 psi in the rear tire!

|

5/11/2008 1:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:12 PM

Here is a video on me doing some (without the roll out ) in slow motion, at first dont try and land on the pedals as long as you're rotating more each time, you're making progress.

Once you practice alot and get more comfortable it will come naturally.

This video was taken I while back, I've actually landed proper 180's (rollout and all) but this will help you understand how it's almost done.

&feature=related

Keep at it, work on your bunny hops, the better they are the easier it will be to 180.
|

5/11/2008 1:38 AM

if ur gonna do them on flat then do a bunnyhop (not j hop )and as u jump up try to spin the top half of ur body either way u wanna rotate

i just wanna add this was like 2 years ago
|