things done to your bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2011 2:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2011 2:04 PM

whats something you have done to your bike that you didn't have money for? Mine is a foam and ductape padded seat

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/Hunter_LaRouche/bmx/003-1.jpg

|

Honey badger don't give a shit
Bobby Getz is my secret lover from Dayton Ohio

8/19/2011 2:26 PM

Things we've done to our bikes that didn't cost any money. That's what you're asking us, right?

Does free glow in the dark paint count?

|

8/19/2011 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2011 2:30 PM

spray painted some parts

edit- oh and i run a 3/8" front hub in my 14mm dropouts because i don't need/have the cash for new forks and i only have adapters for peg use.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

8/19/2011 2:28 PM

CavemanChadd wrote:

Things we've done to our bikes that didn't cost any money. That's what you're asking us, right?

Does free glow in the dark paint count?

yes and that seems legit i would so put glow paint all over my bike!

|

8/19/2011 2:44 PM

Drilled out the 3/8 dropouts on my old frame to fit my new back wheel

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

8/19/2011 3:07 PM

i know someone who drilled out a quarter for an adapter thing to fit their 3/8 hub on 14mm forks.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/19/2011 4:33 PM

flangle hub guards, when i had my cast i used duct tade and drywall meshfor a grip, ziptied seat, stole 3/8 bolts off a bike locked up at school cuz mine stripped, duct taped and melted on to intertubes when i got holes, my buddy took a normal thread bolt and forced it to reverse thread for his demoition wheel.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/19/2011 6:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2011 6:03 PM

My seat clamp broke, so I rode seatless for a little until my bike raped me and ripped my jeans. I then just duct taped my seat to my bike.

|

8/19/2011 7:16 PM

future FBM wrote:

flangle hub guards, when i had my cast i used duct tade and drywall meshfor a grip, ziptied seat, stole 3/8 bolts off a bike locked up at school cuz mine stripped, duct taped and melted on to intertubes when i got holes, my buddy took a normal thread bolt and forced it to reverse thread for his demoition wheel.

i took bolts cus mine stripped to hahaa

|

8/19/2011 7:33 PM

said fuck a chainbreaker and beat my chain back together with pliers and a hammer. worked smile

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

8/19/2011 7:46 PM

og-rider wrote:

said fuck a chainbreaker and beat my chain back together with pliers and a hammer. worked smile

haha done it a few times but now i have a good breaker.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

8/19/2011 7:49 PM

Skooter wrote:

it worked great. lol if i ever need to take it off ill just get a breaker and make life easier

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/19/2011 7:51 PM

og-rider wrote:

Skooter wrote:

og-rider wrote:

it worked great. lol if i ever need to take it off ill just get a breaker and make life easier

haha i did the nail and hammer makeshift chainbreaker too. that was difficult but still worked =P

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

8/19/2011 8:01 PM

BLRBMX has a piece of handlebar as a BB spacer I think haha. What a slut.

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

8/19/2011 8:17 PM

catfish95 wrote:

BLRBMX has a piece of handlebar as a BB spacer I think haha. What a slut.

That bitch...

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

8/19/2011 11:03 PM

i pumped my tires once....

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

8/20/2011 12:28 AM

Skooter wrote:

og-rider wrote:

Skooter wrote:

haha i did the nail and hammer makeshift chainbreaker too. that was difficult but still worked =P

my and my friend did that but, we put it in a vice and it only took like 2 minutes.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/20/2011 9:40 AM

I had chainstay mounts on my frame, and I cut them off, so I could run small gearing. I was gonna weld new mounts on the seatstays with the welder at my work, then found out we didn't have the right wire to weld 4130, so I am still running a brake plate from dans. Also, I was using a brass fitting hose clamped to my frame as a brake stop, but I recently drilled a hole through my seat tube like 1mm below my seat post and ran it through that. Needless to say, I'm looking for a new frame.

|

It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/20/2011 11:07 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

spray painted some parts

edit- oh and i run a 3/8" front hub in my 14mm dropouts because i don't need/have the cash for new forks and i only have adapters for peg use.

Haha me too! 3/8" forks are in the near future forsure

|

8/20/2011 11:34 AM

snaped my kink reliev stem... so i used a stock dk stem with the face plates from the kink stem.... and it worked really good lol my bars never sliped

|

8/20/2011 11:43 AM

stickers

|

Refs : ninjacat33

8/20/2011 12:14 PM

tried to run Powerbites on an 8 spline spindle.... tried. hockey taped my seat to my frame. right now i have 2 different sized axle nuts, 17 and 19.

|

RIP Randy Taylor

Check out my edits @ youtube

Refs: getemslough, ktm-kx339, Redcrayon, kneegrow, KTM339, eod1214, tylerkng96, diamondgang760, tibug, White Knight, Dolphin, 562_Rider, joe loves shadow, Michael_Melendez, Sessionpro, aguers, Stolen Boy, ecuadevil, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Vam999

8/20/2011 12:35 PM

bit of handlebar as bb spacer,
old grip flange as hubguards when i've got pegs or doing pegless grinds,
random bolt for integrated seat clamp with 2 nuts to stop it stripping tongue
and 2 old axle nuts as micro pegs.

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling

8/20/2011 12:38 PM

ajp62696 wrote:

tried to run Powerbites on an 8 spline spindle.... tried. hockey taped my seat to my frame. right now i have 2 different sized axle nuts, 17 and 19.

how did the custom crank setup work hahah

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

8/20/2011 12:44 PM

painted my bars ...

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

8/20/2011 12:50 PM

I have the plug type Animal bar ends, and I took them out to put them in my new bars, because they were relatively new. When I pried them out, it stripped them, and they wouldn't stay in the bars. So I put some duct tape around them to fill up the negative space, and shoved 'em in. Actually worked quite well.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

8/20/2011 12:54 PM

geoffb wrote:

I have the plug type Animal bar ends, and I took them out to put them in my new bars, because they were relatively new. When I pried them out, it stripped them, and they wouldn't stay in the bars. So I put some duct tape around them to fill up the negative space, and shoved 'em in. Actually worked quite well.

take a lighter to the ducttape for 5 seconds, wait 3 seconds, then five more and thatll melt the duct tape, then shove it in your bars real quick and they will never fall out.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/20/2011 3:28 PM

future FBM wrote:

take a lighter to the ducttape for 5 seconds, wait 3 seconds, then five more and thatll melt the duct tape, then shove it in your bars real quick and they will never fall out.

And when you want to change your grips?

|

jarrod

8/20/2011 3:38 PM

i made grips out of plastic bags and electrical tape

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

8/20/2011 4:09 PM

i rode my bike. it was free.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?