Things you hate about maintenance.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2014 9:36 PM

I like working on bikes in general, except chains. I HATE using the chain breaker, never knowing if the tool is about to die, the tuning of them ect. What about you?

|

1/18/2014 9:37 PM

I hate crank maintnence.....my bikes usually end up pretty solid and I rarely need to maintain them though

|

1/18/2014 9:40 PM

Knowing it's time to regrease the bearings but your bike is set up too perfectly at that moment. For anyone that runs axle hardware, pegs, hubguards and whatnot that don't have knurling to keep the rear setup tight, you gotta retension the rear wheel every month or two unless you REALLY crank down on the axle nuts, which are prone to possibly stripping if you manage to REALLY do it good.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/18/2014 9:45 PM

only thing I really hate is getting super messy. I don't mind the being messy thing, just I like checking my phone every now & then which is a hassle when you're dirty. I love working on bikes.

Actually no wait, one thing I despise is when you blow a bearing out & how big of a bitch it is to pound the old races out

|

1/18/2014 9:48 PM

Brakes...

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/18/2014 9:51 PM

Ya brakes suck I'm lucky my buddy's pretty solid on the brake dialing in he dialed my brakes in and they've been good for a year

|

1/18/2014 9:57 PM

I hate not knowing how to true wheels and having wiggly hoops because I 3 and 180 alot.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/18/2014 10:06 PM

Brakes. Of course, I could get a Springfield/Quik Slic setup and not have to deal with it, but I want the absolute best brake setup I can get, too...

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/18/2014 10:12 PM

Wheels

|

1/18/2014 10:14 PM

I honestly love everything about bike maintenance. Wheels, chains, everything. Reprinting can be a pain in the ass to set up sometimes. Or a stubborn bottom bracket. Nothing really tho

|

Insta: @devicacy

1/18/2014 10:18 PM

getting your pedals stuck in your cranks and you've tried every tool

|

1/18/2014 10:21 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I hate not knowing how to true wheels and having wiggly hoops because I 3 and 180 alot.

Look, find out which way spokes turn with the bike upright and upside down. Then when that's down, just know that whatever side you're tightening spokes on, it will pull only to THAT side. And if you loosen on one side, it will go slightly towards the opposite side. And having your wheel is your frame or whatever is always good for truing, also goes for a fully inflated tire and centered wheel to ensure optimal truing. And no, you do not need a truing stand. As for hops, I haven't figured that out too much yet. I only have like an eighth or less of hop in both of my wheels so it's like not even having one.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/18/2014 10:21 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

only thing I really hate is getting super messy. I don't mind the being messy thing, just I like checking my phone every now & then which is a hassle when you're dirty. I love working on bikes.

Actually no wait, one thing I despise is when you blow a bearing out & how big of a bitch it is to pound the old races out

I have when my BB bearings blow out and the cones and spacers sometimes jam up and grind everything.. Just happened about 2 days ago..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

1/18/2014 11:00 PM

Changing tubes/tires or installing a chain without a master link.

|

1/18/2014 11:03 PM

Here's another, putting in standard headsets.

|

1/19/2014 3:09 AM

fucking tyres. took me like half hour to get my back on off the other day to change a tube. and that when i put it on im always paranoid about pinchin the tube. fuck tyres, im going tyreless

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/19/2014 4:38 AM

I hate hubs man.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/19/2014 5:56 AM

Honestly I love working on my bike. I miss my old job a lot, but it just didn't cut it for any future planning etc. It barely paid the bills, but I loved working on things, making things not suck, and getting dirty.

Now I work in an office setting, bills are paid and then some, but I miss fixing stuff. When I get a house things will change, and I will get to work on the house or get a "toy" car to fix up.

Can't wait!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 6:56 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Honestly I love working on my bike. I miss my old job a lot, but it just didn't cut it for any future planning etc. It barely paid the bills, but I loved working on things, making things not suck, and getting dirty.

Now I work in an office setting, bills are paid and then some, but I miss fixing stuff. When I get a house things will change, and I will get to work on the house or get a "toy" car to fix up.

Can't wait!

I know what you mean man. Went to my mates and had a beast time helpin him sort his bike out a bit, like lacing the hub I gave him etc. Feels awesome since mines dialled now so I never do much on it

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/19/2014 9:31 AM

brakes are the worst....i hate working on my bike. if i get the chance i just pay someone to do it for me haha

|

It’s all bmx

1/19/2014 9:38 AM

hubs and 48 spline cranks

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/19/2014 10:56 AM

Most people on here have it easy and weren't around riding in the days before sealed bearings.....cones and ball bearings those where the days when maintnence was a bitch

|

1/19/2014 12:14 PM

Unsealed bearings, stripping bolts and axles, stripping alloy bolts, stubborn tires, disfunctional parts, and putting on and removing pedals.

I love working on bikes though. Usually i do just fine, but when things dont go as planned, (you can ask anyone that has seen me do it i.e. Stocksy), i get MAD!!! I am known to scream the f word, catch on fire, turn green and have bulging muscles, etc.

It is strange when i do this bc normally i am quite calm. Hahaha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2014 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 12:20 PM

I hate brakes. I used to hate putting on chains but now since i've did it a couple of times it's easy but sometimes everything can be a bitch though.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/19/2014 3:03 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Most people on here have it easy and weren't around riding in the days before sealed bearings.....cones and ball bearings those where the days when maintnence was a bitch

But it really isn't though.

Looseball bearings are actually more user friendly when it comes to maintenance, because you can adjust play out, replace bearings for 4 bucks a wheel, and clean and regrease without risking damage to a seal.

Once you know how to do it, it becomes really easy.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sealed stuff, but it isn't hard to adjust. That's why a lot of road and MTB wheels are looseball, even the higher end stuff. Easier to adjust and maintain.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2014 3:08 PM

brakes hands down

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/19/2014 3:47 PM

i hate when my friends bring me their bikes to work on.....

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

1/19/2014 3:48 PM

i hate changing tubes. i always scratch my rims or pop it before its even in but most of all I hate asking my lbs anything cuz they just want me to bring my bike in evrytime or they tell me nothing unless i pay up and let them check it themselves or they wana sell me some bullshit i dont really need. or theyve even suggested ridiculous solutions to my problems. im going to be learnig breaks now and im gonna like it! lol

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

1/19/2014 11:08 PM

Brakes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

1/19/2014 11:18 PM

I hate misspelled words and poor grammar in topic titles.

|

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc