thinking about bigger bars

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2016 12:55 PM

hey all! i'm currently running 8.5 shadow vultus bars. but i've been thinking about going with something bigger. because i feel like im hunched forward when i hop. i'm 36 and only 5'6". i'd like something that is a little easier on my back. i have a 20.75 frame. and a odyssey sean sexton 48mm topload stem. i was thinking of either going with the odyssey boss bars at 9.125 rise. or possibly the BSD zing bars at 9.25 rise. any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be the best route to take?

shadow vultus (currently running these bars)
8.5 rise
28 wide
10 backsweep
3 upsweep

BSD zing
9.25 rise
29 wide
11 backsweep
2 upsweep

odyssey boss
9.125 rise
29 wide
12 backsweep
2 upsweep

|

11/20/2016 1:10 PM

If I were you I'd go with the odyssey boss, cuz odyssey haha

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

11/20/2016 1:14 PM

I'm 35 and 6' tall. 9" with a top loader felt far too tall for me. It's all personal preference. But I was the same height 15 years ago when front load stems and 7.5" bars cut down were cool. We're all over thinking it.
My personal opinion is that will be a big change, and you'll either love it or hate it. If you hate it you'll have to spend more money dialling the height in with a new stem, or go back to your old bars and lose money on the resale of the new ones. Try 9" first, see how you get on, then get a higher/lower rise stem from there if you feel you need to. You might even have enough room on your steerer to drop a bit too if you feel the need for it

|

11/20/2016 10:00 PM

if youre going to bars id just go with the odyssey because its not too drastic of a height and they make super solid stuff.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "