this is getting out of hand

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2016 3:26 PM

look how low this frame is and yea knurling on that for foot stands

http://bmxunion.com/daily/nowear-mike-dinello-signature-frame-promo/

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

11/22/2016 3:31 PM

Other than a few extra tailwhips, that video reminded me of the freestyle contests in the 90's.
The frame is disgusting. But it was good to see some front brake action

|

11/22/2016 3:56 PM

Not my thing but cool . Everyone complains the market is "over saturated" to begin with

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/22/2016 9:46 PM

I'm into it. I've always been a DiNello fan, and I love the look of low-slung frames.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

11/23/2016 9:52 AM

That was awesome

|

11/23/2016 1:29 PM

I'd flatland it no doubt especially with that knurled tube, decade machine.

|

11/23/2016 2:35 PM

Pretty awesome

|

Smoke Drink Die

11/23/2016 5:47 PM

I've always thought about a frame like this, I'm rather curious about how it is strength/stability wise compared to the average standover frame. I think if it feels just like a 9" stand over frame but with the lower top tube to help with tricks, then it serves a great purpose. I seen on their fb page that it was only prototyped for a few months, so I'd like to see it take a harsher beating before I buy one, but I would definitely like to try one of these out!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/23/2016 7:14 PM

I think it is hideous looking but an adventurous idea. Probably won't go too far because of how weird it looks. He says it's cuz frames all look the same cuz but I feel like it's just the most effictive known way to design a frame so far and he doesnt seem to be improving much at all. As far as the brakes, there's a reason why everyone stopped putting them on the CS in the first place and he's just reverting to a less effective design I feel.

|

11/23/2016 10:12 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

I think it is hideous looking but an adventurous idea. Probably won't go too far because of how weird it looks. He says it's cuz frames all look the same cuz but I feel like it's just the most effictive known way to design a frame so far and he doesnt seem to be improving much at all. As far as the brakes, there's a reason why everyone stopped putting them on the CS in the first place and he's just reverting to a less effective design I feel.

Brakes belong on the CS. End of discussion.

|

Smoke Drink Die

11/24/2016 5:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 5:49 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Lol. The reason they moved them to the seat stays is because as sprockets started getting smaller they had the problem of chains smacking into them and or getting in the way when you wanted to work on them. He is right that it is most natural to put them on the CS but there is a reason almost everyone else stopped putting them there and he hasn't really solved the problem either. I guess he will have to break his chain every time he works on the brakes and never run it a hair loose if he doesn't want to hear chains smacking brake arms. You should get one if you like it so much. Maybe you'll change BMX! Lol just kidding, but on the real though. Props to him for his idea and that his bike is that light with that design.

|

11/24/2016 6:40 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Sean_Goff wrote:

Lol. The reason they moved them to the seat stays is because as sprockets started getting smaller they had the problem of chains smacking into them and or getting in the way when you wanted to work on them. He is right that it is most natural to put them on the CS but there is a reason almost everyone else stopped putting them there and he hasn't really solved the problem either. I guess he will have to break his chain every time he works on the brakes and never run it a hair loose if he doesn't want to hear chains smacking brake arms. You should get one if you like it so much. Maybe you'll change BMX! Lol just kidding, but on the real though. Props to him for his idea and that his bike is that light with that design.

Most good frame manufacturers have worked a way around that issue (dropping the chainstays a few mm). You don't have to break your chain to work on your brake. Plus, how many people run a 25t sprocket these days?

|

11/24/2016 7:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Most good frame manufacturers have worked a way around that issue (dropping the chainstays a few mm). You don't have to break your chain to work on your brake. Plus, how many people run a 25t sprocket these days?

I didn't know that. Maybe we'll see a comeback of CS mounts. I for one run a 25 and about half the riders I see out there. It's still pretty popular I guess but more ppl do seem to be on 28s now.

|

11/24/2016 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 4:35 PM

Looks like a step through frame haha. Kidding aside it seems cool but it's definitely not for street. It's good for what it's intended to do.

|