ti spokes

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2008 12:36 PM

I'm looking into buying some ti spokes can some one please tell me the pros and cons of ti spokes I am new rider and I work so replacing the spokes isn't a problem for me if they blow out or bend I wanna run them with a profile and demolition rim in the back and in the front I'm a simple front eject hub with the new fly bikes front rim so please people give me your info

|

9/19/2008 12:45 PM

u can run all ti in the frnt but do every other one in ther back

|

whatever floats ur boat as long as it doesnt sink mine....

ur such a sissy la la!!!

When your having a bad day, just remember you could be a Siamese twin stuck to your gay brother who has a date tonight….. And you only have one butt.

9/20/2008 4:04 AM

i was thinken about just gettin ti for the front becuse if i put them on the bak they would snap wouldnt they?

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

RIDE

9/20/2008 8:24 AM

I don't know that's what I'm trying to find out

|

9/20/2008 9:43 AM

Yeah, ti spokes snap a lot. My friend had some on his back wheel and within the first week, three were broken. I wouldn't waste my money on ti spokes.

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

9/20/2008 11:09 AM

But I have been told that if you take care and true the spokes that they last long and look at scotty cranmer he runs 36 in the front and 48 ti spokes wheel and I spoke to his dad and the guy who laces his wheel andb they both said that scotty only really breaks spokes when he steps on his wheel so that's what makes me think about getting them

|

9/20/2008 12:13 PM

hollabac391984 wrote:

But I have been told that if you take care and true the spokes that they last long and look at scotty cranmer he runs 36 in the front and 48 ti spokes wheel and I spoke to his dad and the guy who laces his wheel andb they both said that scotty only really breaks spokes when he steps on his wheel so that's what makes me think about getting them

if ur a new rider stick with generic(no ti no hollow no kevlar no magnesium no 7005 ect) stuff for a few more month
it will give you better apriciation of ur set up

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

9/20/2008 1:46 PM

only in front i think

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/20/2008 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2008 2:09 PM

in my back wheel i ride with 36 ti and 12 chromoly ones... i got them and i never had to get the rim centered, just re tightened one time, but if you grind a lot and hang up w/o a hubguard they will snap easely than regular spokes, also make sure to use a very strong rim, it will help to not go so hard on the spokes, its a good way to save some roational weight, kinda expensive of course xD

|

9/20/2008 2:13 PM

yea there way expensive

|

9/20/2008 2:33 PM

unless you are racing bmx just do ti in front. if you feel the need. ungodly expensive right now. but like i said if you have the money and feel the need. ti in front. doing every other in the rear would be dumb. the wheel would be unbalanced not only in weight but in strength. so its all or nothing on this one. unless you do every 3rd. which would if you had to be the way to go.

|

got bike?

refs: showtime402, effigy, dallas6689, freddydapice

9/20/2008 2:44 PM

yea
for like 36 of them it would cost l;ike 70 bucks
it is such a rip haha

|

9/20/2008 8:56 PM

Anybody got any more info on ti spokes

|

9/20/2008 8:58 PM

nope
thats about all ur gonne here

|

9/20/2008 9:22 PM

Just go without ti

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(: )
(")_(")the bunny wants YOU!

9/21/2008 12:23 AM

hollabac391984 wrote:

Anybody got any more info on ti spokes

this is all i know about ti spokes by my experience with them
ti spokes are certainly lighter than regular ones, more if you use 48 at back, it saves concideraly the rotational weight using them with a lightweight hub and rim.
one thing that you have to consider is if you want to run 36 at back you have to get a really strong rim, why?, cuz it will decrease the lateral forces against the spokes giving them a longer life. Ti is lighter than chromoly BUT for the rigidity properties of the material it doesn't bend easely, so is kinda like the aluminum, it just snaps, that's why you have to avoid the punishment and the guy who will get the wheel laced have to be a pro, cuz like i said the ti spoke is more rigid and you can't bend them like regular ones when you put them in, so the guy have to know what his doing really well. For 48 you can go for any rim that you want (still have to be a nice rim, not any cheap thing) but is going to be a bit expensive and harder to lace.
For the front wheel just make sure that the rim is a nice one, strong but can be lightweight, and as a personal recomendation use a wide tire cuz those reduce the impact against the rim cuz you can use them with less psi making softer landings.
i run ti spokes at back with a demo anorexia and a odsy hazzard light rim 48h and like a said before just had to get it retightened one time, also i'm not too hard on my bike... i'm not the smoothest lightweight guy on earth but i doesnt take too much abuse, so it will help if you're a smooth rider.
Other thing like a guy said in other post, if you're a new rider stay away from ti stuff cuz you will break a lot of parts learning some tricks and expensive ti stuff is not what you want to break, trust me on this dude
i hope this can help you to make your choice about ti spokes!

|

9/21/2008 4:54 AM

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

RIDE

9/21/2008 8:47 AM

Dude pipebagbmx thanks for the info man I'm gonna stay away from the ti spokes untill I gain a lot more experience then I'm gonan think about the ti spokes again and I'm going to switch my spindle cause I'm running a ti one thanks a lot man

|

9/21/2008 8:49 AM

Dude pipebagbmx thanks for the info man I'm gonna stay away from the ti spokes untill I gain a lot more experience then I'm gonan think about the ti spokes again and I'm going to switch my spindle cause I'm running a ti one thanks a lot man

|

9/21/2008 9:45 AM

anytime man!
by the way, for spindles is not like on spokes, run the ti spindle cuz it will be ok!

|

9/21/2008 9:52 AM

Ohh ok thanks man

|

9/21/2008 9:52 AM

Ohh ok thanks man

|