tiny crack on Colony Premise 2013 Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2013 2:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2013 2:17 AM

Photo
Just discovered it and i dont even do huge drops orsmthing -.- Bought this bike last summer.
|

8/16/2013 2:51 AM

Dont worry about it, i have cracks on my bars that look like that and mine havnt snapped yet

|

8/16/2013 2:54 AM

If you think its bent the tiniest bit...get a new frame you wont regret it

|

8/16/2013 3:50 AM

im gonna check if it has warranty

|

8/16/2013 10:51 AM

Haha dont worry about that so much. If i were you id just raw that area of the frame and have some skilled welder weld it a bit. Maybe if you are lucky enough they will put a gusset on it!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/16/2013 11:06 AM

Check with Colony before you do crazy things like Re-Welding it or riding it till it snaps!! If you send photos to Colony & they say they will replace the Frame for you then great! But if you fuck around with it & then try & warranty it, good luck getting it replaced! If Colony don't replace it then, if you cannot afford to just buy a better Frame, you look into getting it Re-Welded & maybe even as Maximus suggested get a Gusset added. BUT.. Be aware, if you have it Re-Welded & a Gusset added you are essentially changing the heat treatment of the Frame. It may even make it even weaker & prone to re-cracking or even snapping! If Colony wont replace it, i would highly suggest that you get a new Frame.

|

8/16/2013 11:30 AM

I just sent an email to colony with pictures lets see what they say.

|

8/16/2013 11:32 AM

Topsey wrote:

Check with Colony before you do crazy things like Re-Welding it or riding it till it snaps!! If you send photos to Colony & they say they will replace the Frame for you then great! But if you fuck around with it & then try & warranty it, good luck getting it replaced! If Colony don't replace it then, if you cannot afford to just buy a better Frame, you look into getting it Re-Welded & maybe even as Maximus suggested get a Gusset added. BUT.. Be aware, if you have it Re-Welded & a Gusset added you are essentially changing the heat treatment of the Frame. It may even make it even weaker & prone to re-cracking or even snapping! If Colony wont replace it, i would highly suggest that you get a new Frame.

Yes haha i wouldnt screw with it until you know they wont do anything for you of course haha. I have a lot of welding people around where i live so i could snap anything and they could make me a new one if i wanted to haha. My one friend is actually riding my Subrosa Salvador that has been snapped several times and it is holding up better with each weld...haha even tho it does happen to have a 76 degree headtube because of the way the weld was XD

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/16/2013 11:39 AM

is that in the toptube

|

8/16/2013 12:13 PM

Bucking Fide wrote:

Dont worry about it, i have cracks on my bars that look like that and mine havnt snapped yet

Don't listen to this guy. Get that shit taken care of asap otherwise if it snaps on you while riding, you could get fucked up. I know a kid who snapped a pair of bars & ate shit & his bars stabbed him in the neck. Luckily it didn't do any serious damage

|

8/16/2013 1:26 PM

Bucking Fide wrote:

i think you should look into investing in some new bars if yours are cracked

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/21/2013 12:50 PM

I contacted them and they are gonna send me a new frame ...YEAAAA

|

8/21/2013 12:55 PM

catfood wrote:

I contacted them and they are gonna send me a new frame ...YEAAAA

nice i like colony frames

|

8/21/2013 1:58 PM

Looks like an error in the tubing size. Probaly won't effect anything , just it's deformed so it looks like a crack. just a paint crack

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/21/2013 8:53 PM

I would throw some JB weld with some super glue and gorilla glue all together on that thing cause I wouldn't have money. But yeah, Colony is cool for warrantying you. Are they sending you a free one without you having to send them your current frame?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/22/2013 5:39 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I would throw some JB weld with some super glue and gorilla glue all together on that thing cause I wouldn't have money. But yeah, Colony is cool for warrantying you. Are they sending you a free one without you having to send them your current frame?

If they didn't require you sending your current frame, that would be awesome. haha

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.