tips on attempting a flair

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2014 6:19 AM

im planning on trying a flair this weekend . I can backflip and backflip 180 on foot so I think I know the rotation for a flair on a bike. any tips befor trying one

|

2/11/2014 6:49 AM

Use protections

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/11/2014 6:56 AM

Where are you gonna be trying it? If it's at a skatepark with a foam pit it goes without saying dial it in thEre first

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/11/2014 7:05 AM

Resi? Lol. I don't think most of the people on here can flair. I know I can't, haha

|

Insta: @devicacy

2/11/2014 7:22 AM

Dont land upside down

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/11/2014 7:23 AM

realityisajoke wrote:

Resi? Lol. I don't think most of the people on here can flair. I know I can't, haha

I can't flair haha but I'd kind of like to someday, they look pretty fun

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/11/2014 7:33 AM

If it's scary than you're doing it right... I learned flairs three weeks after backflips soo basically backflips would help. Then try them on a trampoline bike to get your form down because flairs have lots of variation and then ball up and go for it on a steep quarter.. I'd recommend landing flat your first try just because it's easier and if you don't get the full 180 you can still roll our

|

2/11/2014 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2014 12:15 PM

I would suggest a helmet. And something soft to land on your first go around. Flipping a bike is different than on foot. On a bike you use the rotation of the ramp to start your spin and basically loop out a manual at the top always looking for the landing, whereas a flip on feet you jump and lean back, then tuck and bring it around.

Similar but the methods are very different to start it. Best way to compare would be a gainer (backflip while moving forward) for the straight flip on a bike)

Side note, you all actually fight the flip rotation when you straight jump something. Also some pros think flips are easier than 360s for judging your spin.

It took me 3 hours of trying to get flips around in a foam pit (years ago). Don't expect to get em first go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/11/2014 12:19 PM

What Dave said ^^^ my friend can backflip on foot & 180 back flip as well & thought the same thing but when he tried a flair he just did sort of a goofy looking tailwhip & ate shit. My other friend who could already flip tried them & got really close and said they feel kinda like a 360 & are easier than backflips, he tried his into a mulch pile first though. I'd suggest you find somewhere soft like that to try them into first

|

2/11/2014 3:16 PM

The only thing i can suggest is if you can get yourself to a resi quarter. It will take a while to work out your rotation. Watch a crap load of how too's. I would suggest Harry Main's and Ryan Geuttlers. Both are flairs but they are different harry's is more up and down where as ryan travels further. Dont forget to pop out from the ramp, if you dont you will bend peddals on the side your rotating too if you dont get the last 180 round.

Here is some inspiration.

Photo
|

2/11/2014 6:28 PM

yea most people on hear ride street or trails and dabble in park. not many who can flair.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/13/2014 9:31 AM

there's a billion great tutorials on youtube. I can't flair personally but I'd say the best tip is to completely understand the rotation before you send it, and then send it. make sure you commit

|

2/17/2014 1:29 PM

How did you go Drewy? success/fail/nearly/scared shitless/bitched out?

|

2/17/2014 1:36 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

yea most people on hear ride street or trails and dabble in park. not many who can flair.

that

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx