tire setup

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2014 9:05 PM

So my mtt front and tww back isn't really my thing. The mtt front just suuucks. It I am trying t fakie it has no grip. The tww is fine. What new set up should I go for? I was thinking either

A. Eclat ridgestone slicks f/r
B. Deharts f/r
C. Momentums f/r
D.odsy hawks f/r
Note: used on park cement, and will be run at close to max psi. Cement is dusty on/off, open to other suggestions.

|

2/1/2014 9:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 9:10 PM

Don't get the momentums seriously!
Out of them id get the eclat or the dehart

The mtt work best on actual street, I wouldn't use mine at a park at all.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/1/2014 9:11 PM

Aitkens front and back or Aitken up front path in the back are some of my favorite setups

Deharts and hawks are good, id avoid momentums and im not sure about the eclats

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/1/2014 9:12 PM

anything but momentums i have seen too many flats with them , just today one of my friends tried to nolli 180 a curb and got a flat.
anyway hawk i hear are really good and fafs are always a good choice

|

Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 9:13 PM

Go with hawks, had mine for 11 months. Deharts suck nuts. haven't tried the others.
EDIT: 2.4 in the front. 2.3 in the rear

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I made a mistake there, you get the side tread touching ground, and it slips, my kenda kontacts were better there, but in dirt, ohh yes, these kill.

|

2/1/2014 9:17 PM

More things I like,
A. Fly ruben smooth up front, animal asm rear
B. Duo svs f/r
C. Faf front, asm rear.

|

2/1/2014 9:18 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

Go with hawks, had mine for 11 months. Deharts suck nuts. haven't tried the others.
EDIT: 2.4 in the front. 2.3 in the rear

I was wondering about deharts, I heard they didn't do well.

|

2/1/2014 9:20 PM

I like my deharts. not too good when its wet but no tire is.

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

2/1/2014 9:58 PM

Maxxis grifters or rizers
Tioga powerblocks
Khe macs
Revenge pinners

|

2/1/2014 10:07 PM

2.35" knobby Aitken up front, 2.1" street Aitken in the back.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/1/2014 11:52 PM

Get Aitkens or GLHs.

|

2/2/2014 2:13 AM

Id go with the eclats or the deharts.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/2/2014 8:03 AM

My next set is gonna be the Ruben ramperas 2.35 from 2.15 rear

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/2/2014 8:08 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

My next set is gonna be the Ruben ramperas 2.35 from 2.15 rear

This^^^

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/2/2014 8:09 AM

I want to try Fit T/A 2.3 rear and 2.4 front.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/2/2014 8:16 AM

Love my 2.35 Ramperas!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/2/2014 8:33 AM

Loving my fly camperillos or however they are spelled the aggressive dirt jump ones work well on park aswell

|

2/2/2014 10:50 AM

fly ramperas front and rear. love'em

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

2/2/2014 11:19 AM

Look how fat Rampera's are!

Photo

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/2/2014 11:24 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Photo

wtf!? they are fucking huge man!

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/2/2014 11:54 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Photo

T-rider wrote:

wtf!? they are fucking huge man!

Yup, they clear no issue on my mac and R25's.

|

2/2/2014 12:04 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Yup, they clear no issue on my mac and R25's.

That good to heard, i was wondering if fit new tires would 2.4 would fit my r25s

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/2/2014 12:55 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Why not?

I have had the same set of Momentums for almost 2 years. Replaced them yesterday with another set. They do have a thinner sidewall, so if you grind rough stuff a lot or suck at grinding, don't get em.

If you are a light grinder, why not? Mine have been great.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2014 1:54 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Why not?

I have had the same set of Momentums for almost 2 years. Replaced them yesterday with another set. They do have a thinner sidewall, so if you grind rough stuff a lot or suck at grinding, don't get em.

Well I loved mine when I first got them but after 6 months they lost all grip, and kept sliding out all the time, I smashed my hip & elbow up pretty good from them washing out, after that I took them off, they were starting to affect my confidence, so they had to go.

They're not bad tires I guess, they are cheap & light but there are better tires out there for sure.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/2/2014 6:59 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Why not?

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Well I loved mine when I first got them but after 6 months they lost all grip, and kept sliding out all the time, I smashed my hip & elbow up pretty good from them washing out, after that I took them off, they were starting to affect my confidence, so they had to go.

They're not bad tires I guess, they are cheap & light but there are better tires out there for sure.

Similar with this set up, the mtts don't like to fakie, I knew that when I made this thread, the aitken crew woul be half oh everything, so far I have started to lean towards the eclats and hawks.

|

2/2/2014 7:40 PM

Ramperas are sweet but I think you gotta break them in at first because when you first get them they're super slippery for some reason (at least that's what happened to me). They were more slippery than my United Direct tyres for some reason and the Uniteds are pretty much slick tyres. I'm still not 100% confident in their gripping capabilities when I carve stuff or do tight turns which is lame.

|

2/2/2014 7:43 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Why not?

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Similar with this set up, the mtts don't like to fakie, I knew that when I made this thread, the aitken crew woul be half oh everything, so far I have started to lean towards the eclats and hawks.

How can tyres make you not be able to fakie??????????????????????????????

|

2/2/2014 8:02 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

brianoob wrote:

How can tyres make you not be able to fakie??????????????????????????????

Edit, they make it more difficult, the side tread on the mtts slide on concrete soo much. But ive been getting sliders somewhat. I tried a fakie on a bike with fafs, it was easier, they didn't slide.

|

2/11/2014 7:23 AM

get the hawks if you ride street

|