toboggan ect.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2014 8:27 PM

Give me some pointers on toboggans, table tops, and fafanus please.

|

3/2/2014 9:31 PM

I can't do toboggans real well. Once in a blue moon I'll land a half assed one. But if you learn them, for the love of god do NOT call a bar tweak a toboggan. A toboggan is when you have the bars turned 1/4 of the way around while grabbing the seat & dipping the front end. Tweaking the bars 1/4 of the way & touching your seat while either completely level or not having the front dipped at all, is not a toboggan. Huge pet peeve of mine haha.

As for tables, my friend told me to pull in with whatever hand you pull in with, I pull in with my right hand, and twist that hand around the grips slightly, while at the same time pushing out with your other hand (I've been told by some people that you can just forget about that hand altogether cause you don't really use it there, but I find pushing out a bit helps), and tilt your knee on the side you pull in with, in toward your bike.. if that makes sense. maybe scoop up with your other leg too.

BIGGEST part about this trick, is the way you pull in. Everyone thinks you just tilt your bike whichever way you would table, and push one side of your bars down & the other side pull up, that is NOT how you do it. You need to pull IN towards yourself with your right hand (assuming you do them like me) and away with your left, not up & down. I made that mistake & my friend gave me those tips, learned them in about 5 minutes. Granted, mine aren't very good still and are bowlegged at times

this is when I first learned them, they weren't that great & it's the only photo I have of when I first learned them but my arm wasn't pulled in much

Photo

and this is from the Summer I believe and one of my better ones. Notice how I pull my bars into me, not up, also notice the bowleggedness haha, I can do them not bowlegged but then they're not as flat. Super fun trick to do.

Photo

As for fufanus.. Brakeless or not brakeless? I don't ride brakes so I won't be much help there, but for brakeless ones just on banks, I just spin about 90° then land on my back wheel and using pedal pressure I balance myself do I don't lean back too far or too far forward, then just spin another 90° or so back in

|

3/2/2014 9:46 PM

Big help. I've been trying toboggans forever, table tops, going for it tomorrow with tjat knowledge. One thing I REALLY got from it, pull in. And fufanus, ok, im brakeless but going to brakes VERY soon.

|

3/2/2014 10:33 PM

I've had half assed toboggans for awhile now but I never do them cause I don't really like doing them, something about them is just so awkward for me to do so I just don't do them haha.

But yeah, that pull in part is really important. They're a bit tricky to figure out how to get the motion just right, but once you got it they're fun to do.

and for brake fufanus.. Well, I can do abubacas on parking blocks & small ledges using friend's bikes with brakes, and I know the 2 biggest factors in it are making sure you get your tire on the edge of whatever you're doing it on & pulling the brake in mid-air so you land with your wheel locked, AND making sure you're leaning just right so you stay balanced on it but also get that spring you need to get out of the trick.

That being said, I'd imagine for fufanus with brakes you'd just take the same concept and hop towards the object you are doing it on, spin a little under a 90° spin, and land on the edge of the object or whatever with your brakes locked, then just 90° out with the spring-back. I've done a few shitty ones brakeless on parking blocks shaped kinda like trapezoids & that's basically what I did, minus pulling the brake haha

|

3/2/2014 11:13 PM

When you do tables, twisting your hip and bending your legs are more important verses arm motion.

|

3/2/2014 11:46 PM

For tables twist your hips & try and get your shin to touch your toptube , usually my forward foot twists off the pedal a little and and ends up partly on my cranks...pull in an push out with your arms, ride away smiling. Done.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/3/2014 12:22 AM

brianoob wrote:

When you do tables, twisting your hip and bending your legs are more important verses arm motion.

This might be why mine are usually always bowlegged & I'm not like resting against my bike like a good table, when I do tables I use mostly my arms & only a bit of my legs

|

3/3/2014 1:29 AM

I will try to learn them when i am able to go to a skatepark

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 9:27 AM

flick your hand like a fishing pole so that the bars come away from you instead of pulling them towards you. that way the toboggan does the dipping automatically

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/3/2014 9:50 AM

A fufanu is a plant to 180. Not a 90 plant 90 as sunday said. Common mistake.

When I fufanu with brakes, I just roll up the bank and hop at the top and squeeze my brakes. To balance it you do kinda the same motion as a manual, humping you frame or bars or whatever lol. Then since your front end is already up, you just have to pull up your rear (just like a horsehop/Jhop, whatever you call them) and 180 back in.

Doing them brakeless (which I learned to do when playing games of bike against brakeless riders), you just roll up and hop at the top and apply pedal pressure to hold your front end up and then bring up the rear and 180.

If you can fakie half decent id suggest learning abubakas first. Same as a fufanu except you hop to fakie instead of hop 180.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/3/2014 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2014 1:13 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

A fufanu is a plant to 180. Not a 90 plant 90 as sunday said. Common mistake.

When I fufanu with brakes, I just roll up the ...more

You sure? Cause I heard the same thing but the older riders here in their late 20's/just hit 30, have said that's a fufanu

Photo

like this, unless we're both right/wrong

|

3/3/2014 6:09 PM

I'm working on t-bogs as well brother. I'm pretty good at one handers so I figure with enough practice, I can get them soon! Haha

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

3/3/2014 6:26 PM

Stocksy wrote:

I'm working on t-bogs as well brother. I'm pretty good at one handers so I figure with enough practice, I can get them soon! ...more

My nuts hurt after trying t bogs. I don't lean back sometimes and my seat gives me a free castration.

|

3/4/2014 11:47 AM

To me a fufanu is a 45 degree turn, stall on the tire, and a 135 degree spin for the rest of it. to land forward.

But this 90 to 90 business is straight up a tire tap. No other description. A tire tap.

Tables for me are a love hate, but basically when you do what Sunday suggested, KEEP YOUR KNEES TOGETHER and point your toes downward to the ground.

Toboggans are my go to trick, one hand on the seat, turn the bars 90 and dip the front down. Love em. Basically to get these going start with one handers, then seat grabs, then seat grab and turn the bars more and more, and try to dip the front down.

That's about it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/4/2014 5:00 PM

Tables are definatly big in the hands, but don't forget to push up with your feet too.
Tbogs: What helps with me it to pull on the seat to help dump them more.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine