top load stems?united valentino vs bsd race v2

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2014 9:24 AM

I ride street and i am sick of my stock stem so i want to get a new one but i dunno whether a top load or a front load is better for street[what type is stronger].i am kind of leaning towards a top load since my bars are a little low for me and i do go for a top load,would the united valentino be better than the bsd race v2?

|

7/28/2014 9:36 AM

I'd go with the United as it's a little cheaper in some options and has 2 different reaches.But either would be fine, they're practically the same. And toploads just as a design can be stronger than frontloads, but it really just varys from stem to stem. I personally prefer toploads for the look and rise, but it's all up to you.

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

7/28/2014 10:09 AM

I'm in to topload stems. But a stem is a stem. Just test some and get what reach you prefer. If you want more rise I prefer top load stem that are like the sunday freeze or demo Monarch TL. Those are cheaper the Monarch is on sale at dans

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/30/2014 1:49 PM

I've had both top load and front load and I much prefer top load as they look better and gives higher bars but it's personal preference

|

7/30/2014 2:57 PM

Merritt inaugural tl!silly

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/30/2014 3:02 PM

Justin_rm250 wrote:

Merritt inaugural tl!silly

hey guys should i get a,b, or c?
get z faggot

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/30/2014 5:38 PM

bsd a buddy of mines had his for a year not its solid

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/30/2014 5:43 PM

Get the bsd boozer stem, its a race v2, but with a bottle opener cnc'd into the front...... Considering one myself

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/30/2014 6:11 PM

Honestly I hate the BSD Race stem because the bottom cutout and the bolt holes going all the way through is a recipe for cracks, especially with 7075. Just a poorly designed stem. Out of those two I'd go for the United.

|

7/30/2014 6:17 PM

United, toploads just save your back some from being hunched over.

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

7/30/2014 6:26 PM

I rode the Valentino stem for a few months and it worked well for me.

One of our team guys has the BSD stem and has no problems with it.

Get the one you like the best!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx