tree lite sprocket bolt hole problem

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2014 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 6:56 PM

I have the fly dolmen cranks and i just bought a 25T tree lite sprocket only to find that the drive bolt hole on the sprocket is too small and the drive bolt won't fit. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? Seems really weird to me. What should I do (try to mill it out a little, return in, get a different sprocket)? lol

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

2/1/2014 6:49 PM

Are you sure? Can you get the bolt in there at all? Usually it can be very tight with a new sprocket, but you can press the bolt in there with a bit of force.

On another note, you have a 48 splined crank, why not get a spline drive sprocket?

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/1/2014 7:07 PM

are you sure? that's weird

|

2/1/2014 7:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 7:10 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Are you sure? Can you get the bolt in there at all? Usually it can be very tight with a new sprocket, but you can press the ...more

Thanks for that haha. yeh it was pretty tight but i tried turning the bolt as i forced it in and it worked. i guess i babied it too much since its a new sprocket =/

i got the non-spline drive version cuz i got a good deal on this one haha

|

Bike
Summer riding

2/1/2014 8:08 PM

yeah. I had the same problem with a tree light and united Nash cranks. I just filed it out a little.

|

2/1/2014 8:14 PM

I had the same problem with a Tree OG like 2 years ago. Sent it back to Dans and they filed it out haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/2/2014 12:02 AM

Take a circular file to it. I wouldn't mill it incase you do it too big or in the wrong place.

|

2/2/2014 9:28 AM

Had the same thing when I first installed mine just force it a little bit and it goes in fine.

BTW talking about the Lite sprocket I recently picked up the original version of it in 27t. The one before they weakened them...

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/2/2014 10:39 AM

Tried putting a guard on my friends Tree OG.

Fucking

Impossible

After 45mins we gave up.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/2/2014 10:44 AM

andyferly wrote:

Had the same thing when I first installed mine just force it a little bit and it goes in fine.

BTW talking about the Lite ...more

yeh i had to force the bolt in then spun the bolt around so it kinda dug into the hole a bit then it would go in. was just too scared to do that at first cuz the only other sprocket I've ever had - the odyssey vermont installed without any problems when it was new, and i ran that bloody thing for like 6 years lol

|

Bike
Summer riding

2/2/2014 10:45 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fucking

Impossible

After 45mins we gave up.

were those bolt holes too small as well?

|

Bike
Summer riding

2/2/2014 5:22 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Fucking

Impossible

After 45mins we gave up.

tr1x wrote:

were those bolt holes too small as well?

Yeah, we had to like thread the first bolt into the actual sprocket, and then it was like fixed to that spot on the sprocket, so we couldn't move it to line up the other bolt.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx