two problems! -_- (help asap please?) guard + cranks + lbs rant

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2016 11:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2016 11:16 PM

How do i put this federal hubguard on the federal v3 freecoaster?
heres the hub http://www.bmxcave.jp/data/bmxcave/product/20131012_b63540.jpg (important)
and heres the guard http://www.federalbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Federal-hubguard-black-753x500.jpg
would i replace the bearing spacer/cover? but would that put side pressure on the bearing without the cover causing it to blow out? or would i just slot it over everything without messing with the hub? I got told by federal to not run without a locknut on this hub with a guard on but they didn't tell me how to put it on yet.
the other problem is i dont know if my cranks are on right, the drive side has the small dust cover and one spacer and the other side has like 4 spacers and the thick dust cover, i want to make sure my sprocket is inline with my driver so i dont mess things up. i am pissed at my lbs, they lost my bb spacer and other stuff so im a bit confused and they treat my bike rough as, there was grease all over the front of the bike and frame and ripped some stickers when they were working near the rear end??, never going there again.

i thought i posted this before but my computer is messing up and not showing all the threads, sorry if this is a repeat, cheers!

Photo

sorry for any noobyness!
Cheers smile

|

6/19/2016 11:23 PM

Take the dust cover off the drive side if you have enough clearance, that'll improve the chainline. Get your dad or someone to go in that bike shop and kick off massively. Make them pay for a new bb, their labour should have a 6 month warranty and they lost parts of your bike. If their labour doesn't have any kind of warranty they're shit and don't have a clue what they're doing. If there were some kind of issue with it, they should've told you. I'd ask for a full refund for any labour too because they clearly didn't do the job properly.

It looks like the hub guard just goes between the cone nut and dropout, but I've never used hubguards so I'm not familiar with them

|

6/20/2016 1:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Take the dust cover off the drive side if you have enough clearance, that'll improve the chainline. Get your dad or someone to go in that bike shop and kick off massively. Make them pay for a new bb, their labour should have a 6 month warranty and they lost parts of your bike. If their labour doesn't have any kind of warranty they're shit and don't have a clue what they're doing. If there were some kind of issue with it, they should've told you. I'd ask for a full refund for any labour too because they clearly didn't do the job properly.

It looks like the hub guard just goes between the cone nut and dropout, but I've never used hubguards so I'm not familiar with them

Yeah since its the only bike shop where i live they can get away with anything and then deny any wrong doings, they charged my mate 100 more for a freecoaster he got from there, also do you know if this is v3 coaster? https://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/5366/federal-v3-male-freecoaster-hub because the design on it looks like the v2 but it says v3? stricklybmx did say it is the v3 version but im just trying to find a second opinion. oh and the lbs does not have any warrenty at all and tend to not tell you the price of any work they do untill they are finished so they can charge what ever they want so yeah never going back there again.
As for the guard, i think you are right, just keep the spacer and lock nut on and just slide it over the axle, hopefuly there is enough coverage.
cheers

|

6/20/2016 7:42 PM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

Yeah since its the only bike shop where i live they can get away with anything and then deny any wrong doings, they charged my mate 100 more for a freecoaster he got from there, also do you know if this is v3 coaster? https://www.strictlybmx.com/product/view/5366/federal-v3-male-freecoaster-hub because the design on it looks like the v2 but it says v3? stricklybmx did say it is the v3 version but im just trying to find a second opinion. oh and the lbs does not have any warrenty at all and tend to not tell you the price of any work they do untill they are finished so they can charge what ever they want so yeah never going back there again.
As for the guard, i think you are right, just keep the spacer and lock nut on and just slide it over the axle, hopefuly there is enough coverage.
cheers

That's a horrible shop and they will not last.

Any good shop should give you an estimate for cost, and if things exceed it or are needed later, CALL you for permission.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura