un/supportive parents

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2011 10:00 PM

whats up with peoples parents these days? seems like alot of parents lately have been making their kids quit bmx, and like they dont support it at all and like hate it. i know my parents support me 100% in anything i enjoy, they would never tell me i cant do something i love, i think every parent should be supportive of their kids hobbies. my parents know biking makes me happy and that makes them happy.

what about yours?

|

3/18/2011 10:03 PM

My parents support me a lot. They love seeing me happy, because I usually wasn't before I started.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/18/2011 10:07 PM

my dad thinks its pretty cool.
my mom supports it a little, I know she would prefer for me to play a "regular" sport though

they know they cant make me quit though

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/18/2011 10:09 PM

my mom supports me but she thinks its the reason my grades are bad. my dad hates it. but when he wants me to do something he gets into it. like when he was going to iowa to his girlfriends hometown he was into it and was taking pics and shit. but i think it was just because he wanted me to go, and the pics were to make it look like we spend time together

|

vital's redneck

3/18/2011 10:18 PM

My mum's really supportive, lends me money for my bike, etc. She thinks it's great.

It sucks to hear that other parents aren't the same. If it's their kid's passion and it keeps them happy, why keep that from them.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

3/18/2011 10:39 PM

flow wrote:

My mum's really supportive, lends me money for my bike, etc. She thinks it's great.

It sucks to hear that other parents aren't the same. If it's their kid's passion and it keeps them happy, why keep that from them.

My mum is kind of impassive. Lol. -tosses over to fraser island-

|

3/18/2011 10:53 PM

Shakesman69 wrote:

My mum is kind of impassive. Lol. -tosses over to fraser island-

Haha, better than her being against it.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

3/18/2011 10:57 PM

my parents dont like it but they dont try to make me quit. they constantly tell me "dont waste your money on parts" and that pisses me off cuz im not wasting my money im putting it to good use on my bike.

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/18/2011 11:11 PM

Both my parents are hella supportive

|

"Life isn't about getting to your death bed safely it's about sliding in side ways yelling Holy Shit what a ride".

3/18/2011 11:17 PM

My mom drives me to the skatepark on weekends and lends me a bit of money if i NEED a new part (tubes or if a part breaks) and shes nrver tryed to make me quit. My step dad not as much

I hate when parents dont support what their kids love, it makes me sick.

|

3/18/2011 11:27 PM

The parents who are not supportive of their kids are the ones who are over vicarious.. my father was really never around.. and my mother (yeah, i never really called her "mom").. let me and my brother do whatever we wanted.. as long as it wasn't illegal..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/18/2011 11:32 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

The parents who are not supportive of their kids are the ones who are over vicarious.. my father was really never around.. and my mother (yeah, i never really called her "mom").. let me and my brother do whatever we wanted.. as long as it wasn't illegal..

most of the time yes ,but its really weird with my parents. they support me in everything i do like sports in school and club theyre always there at the games and encourage me to do well but when it comes to bmx i guess its just because the stereotype that all bmxers are fail high school drop outs that are from "bad areas." whenever i talk about bmx they are like whatever or they are sarcastic and like "wow, thats soooo cool!"

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/19/2011 12:28 AM

My mom just kinda turned her head once i quit racing and started riding freestyle

My mother was there the first time I tried a flair at a show, I'm lucky I didn't get hurt...

Its hard to decide who i ride harder in front of... a camera... a hot chick... or my mother

|

twitter

PROBZ

3/19/2011 12:58 AM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

My mom just kinda turned her head once i quit racing and started riding freestyle

My mother was there the first time I tried a flair at a show, I'm lucky I didn't get hurt...

Its hard to decide who i ride harder in front of... a camera... a hot chick... or my mother

Yeah, my mum rocks up and everything gets bigger

|

3/19/2011 1:09 AM

My parents are pretty chill, they support me in what i love and thats what good parents should do.

|

3/19/2011 4:50 AM

my parents are both really supportive if me riding before i got my own car they used to take me to the skatepark whenever i wanted my dad just hates how much i spend on my bike haha

|

100+REFS
I'm on the Vital legit list.
Terrible One!
Mutiny Loosefer.
Tumblr.
PSN- timm-377

3/19/2011 4:54 AM

my parents didn't mind me riding, but since iv gotten older they would rather me getting a job or study for hsc instead of always "playing"

|

3/19/2011 6:37 AM

My parents bought me my first bmx. They didn't support me when I started riding more serious. Always giving me the "you're too old for that, why don't you quit" blah blah.. then when you start making some form of money from bmx they all start supporting you.

|

3/19/2011 7:03 AM

both mine didnt really but my gpa did for a little then i got a job and they all told me it was dumb for the longest time. until my gpa finally said like 2 weeks ago the epic "at least your not doing drugs, and your just riding your bike" lol

|

In Order To Succed, Your Desire For Success Should Be Greater Then Your Fear Of Failure.
Refs: Tibug, Aw1234512, Jb07

3/19/2011 7:37 AM

i guess my parents are pretty supportive, they still think ''its just a phase''. but my mom is always up for driving me to the skatepark and to takes me to the trails once a month. but when it comes to ordering parts, she thinks its stupid that stuff cosst much.

|

3/19/2011 7:39 AM

my mom hates it. she bought me my first decent bmx bike (diamondback joker) but once i started to break parts here and there she started getting annoyed. the whole "i bought you a good bike for a reason" speech. but then she decided getting me a nicer bike would solve the problem, so she got me my heathen, then i started paying for all the parts and it started to piss her off. now everytime i buy new parts she gets super pissed. or everytime i break a part. my dad really supports it but that's probably because he's never spent a dime on it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/19/2011 8:15 AM

my mom is supportive she just hates that i spend some much money of my bike she is just happy to see me doing something i love

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

3/19/2011 8:23 AM

my mom is supportive. when i order something from danscomp with her creditcard and i go to pay her back shes always like here just give me $80 when its like $100. my dads not supportive. both my parents think i spend way too much money on my bike. my grandfather is actually mad nice. when i ordered my forks. hes like u dont have to pay me it can be ur birthday present, and im like ut ur sending me to woodward for my birthday. hes like its ok. BEST GRANDPA EVER!!

|

3/19/2011 8:33 AM

My mother lives too far away to really know what it means when i bike, but my step mom and dad dont really care. They made me stop going to my local skate park because i was doing drugs and they thought it was a bad place for me to be but i can go back now, but they just dont really seem to care what i do as long as its not illegal and i have good grades in school.

|

I suck!

3/19/2011 8:33 AM

My mom is pretty supportive. She doesn't pay for any bike parts though except for tubes but that's fine. I mow lawns a lot so I think she likes the fact that I work for my parts. When I broke my jaw and snapped my frame a couple months ago my dad(who lives in nevada) tried to get me to stop riding but after a while I think he realized it wasn't gonna happen. Sometimes he still takes me to skateparks and stuff. My grandma is really supportive even though she lives on the other side of the country. If she knows I'm trying really hard to get the money for something sometimes she'll send money in the mail.

|

3/19/2011 9:03 AM

all my family is very supportive.
my mother and father buys me a lot of stuff i need and takes me to skateparks
i say to them that im going to buy something with my own money, but then they offer to buy it for me smile

|

3/19/2011 9:39 AM

I live on my own.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

3/19/2011 9:44 AM

Anyone watch new pollution on fuel tv? (a show about kids who are really good at an action sport). Im sure everyone of their parents support them ALOT.

|

3/19/2011 11:05 AM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

My parents support me a lot. They love seeing me happy, because I usually wasn't before I started.

Basicall same here, aslon as it keeps me away from drugs they'll support it.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

3/19/2011 12:28 PM

|