bent my rim any way i can straighten it out a bit its a single wall too

EDIT : its mot the spokes i loosened them and tighened them and nothing changed

|

12/21/2013 9:49 AM

you could try but it would probably make it worse

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/21/2013 9:51 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

you could try but it would probably make it worse

its not gonna get much worse however i put it in it rubs against the chainstays

|

12/21/2013 10:59 AM

getting a double walled rim should fix it lol
in my experience, single walled rims get bent into a shape and are pretty hard to fix

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/21/2013 4:06 PM

Cut 2 pieces of wood atleast 1in thick to sandwich the rim perfectly without anything hanging off. Clamp it down into a table vice with the rim sandwiched inbetween the pieces of wood. Go around the rim with a torch and then clamp the vice down harder. Torch it a few more times over the course of a few hours and then leave it be for atleast over night. This will probably weaken the rim (it may strengthen it tbh. Idk.)

Or just pick up a cheap double wall like a Nitrous Ring for $20

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/21/2013 9:57 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cut 2 pieces of wood atleast 1in thick to sandwich the rim perfectly without anything hanging off. Clamp it down into a table ...more

All that for a single wall rim haha. Where the hell would he be able to get a torch :/

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/22/2013 7:49 AM

no. buy a good rim.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/22/2013 8:11 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

no. buy a good rim.

i think i said it wrong but i just wanna straighten the rim out a bit so i can ride a little while i save up money for a new wheel strength is not an isssue

|

12/22/2013 11:38 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cut 2 pieces of wood atleast 1in thick to sandwich the rim perfectly without anything hanging off. Clamp it down into a table ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

All that for a single wall rim haha. Where the hell would he be able to get a torch :/

A lot of people have blowtorches, not that hard to find.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/22/2013 1:07 PM

dude, just pick up a cheaper rim

or like lay that one down and just put weight on it, maybe thatll bend it back

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "