upside down stems?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 9:27 AM

has anyone noticed people especially newer riders flipping their front loads upside down whats the point is it for aesthetics or is there a point to it i personally don't like it but eh to each their own

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/2/2013 9:51 AM

Makes your bars fractionally higher. That's all it does.

|

7/2/2013 10:01 AM

Topsey wrote:

so why not just use those really small spacers or run a top load or higher rise bars

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/2/2013 10:11 AM

Topsey wrote:

Tweetz wrote:

so why not just use those really small spacers or run a top load or higher rise bars

For the spacers, your Forks have to be long enough, and for the other two, they don't have the money. Everyone I know that has run a flipped stem did it as they didn't have the money for a new one.

|

7/2/2013 10:12 AM

Topsey wrote:

Tweetz wrote:

Because that makes sense.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/2/2013 10:24 AM

riding an upside down stem makes your bars shorter. plain and simple.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/2/2013 11:31 AM

Generally it's done to raise the bars higher (like Topsey said). Although back in the day I used to run that OG Fit stem and it seemed like the whole team ran it upside down (it was a top load, but I only ever saw it ran flipped down). I think it was actually stronger and looked way cleaner when ran flipped down. It might've even been designed to be run that way.

|

7/2/2013 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 12:12 PM

I guess it makes the bars a little taller but I would just buy a tl since a flipped fl looks stupid.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/2/2013 12:14 PM

four you sly devil wink

|

Bruh