vandero 2?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2009 5:36 PM

im getting a new front wheel for christmas. originally i was going to get a complete fly wheel from danscomp, but ive heard its not good for heavy peg use, which dosent work for me. so now im looking into a front hub that's going to last me, but isnt too expensive. any suggestions? im thinking about the Odyssey Vandero 2, but i dont know too much about it so i figured i would ask you guys........... thanks for listening

|

11/5/2009 5:38 PM

It's good. I've had it close to a year now and it's still good. I used to grind quite a bit but not so much now, but it holds up fine

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

11/5/2009 5:42 PM

easternbmx55 wrote:

It's good. I've had it close to a year now and it's still good. I used to grind quite a bit but not so much now, but it holds up fine

ok thanks. the odyssey quadrant wheel just came out, and it comes with a vandero 2. so im thinking of getting that, as long as the vandero 2 is good

|

11/5/2009 5:42 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a good all-around wheel. I haven't rode one. But I would still recommend it. The only practically bombproof hub out there is probably the GSPORTs. Those are a bit steep though.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

11/5/2009 5:46 PM

imchrisperez wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's a good all-around wheel. I haven't rode one. But I would still recommend it. The only practically bombproof hub out there is probably the GSPORTs. Those are a bit steep though.

yeah ive heard that. the marmoset is really good, but its a bit too expensive. ive seen in sean sextons bike checks that hes been running the vandero 2 for quite some time, and he kills it, so it must be decent. cause if it really sucked, and he was snapping axles all the time, he would change to a different hub. he is sponsored by odyssey, who owns g:sport, so he could just get the marmoset. but he hasnt, so i think it might be a good hub.

sorry if thats a bit confusing haha

|

11/5/2009 5:47 PM

imchrisperez wrote:

Fede/bmx has the gsport front and fucking hates it. His bearings got all fucked up on it. And he had problems with the ratchet when he first got it too

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

11/5/2009 5:48 PM

imchrisperez wrote:

easternbmx55 wrote:

Fede/bmx has the gsport front and fucking hates it. His bearings got all fucked up on it. And he had problems with the ratchet when he first got it too

that sucks. i thought the berings in the g:sport hubs were larger, and supposedly stronger than regular sized berings. maybe not.........

|

11/5/2009 6:14 PM

|

11/5/2009 6:15 PM

if you want to be extra sure your getting some bombproof front hub get the marmoset
bigger bearings and it great for grinding
i used to grind alot with mine but ive stopped for a while now

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/5/2009 6:16 PM

everyone i know with the front g-sport hub (3 people) have berring problems ie; skipping clicking and creaking

|

ref(s): evenwest94

11/5/2009 6:17 PM

brentrides wrote:

if you want to be extra sure your getting some bombproof front hub get the marmoset

ok. do u think i should just get the m7 complete wheel off dans? or should i build my own wheel with the marmoset?

|

11/5/2009 6:19 PM

kinkyfit7777 wrote:

everyone i know with the front g-sport hub (3 people) have berring problems ie; skipping clicking and creaking

they are idiots
ive had mine for 7 months and nothing is wrong with it
its pretty hard to fuck up a hub without threaded axle collars

|

11/5/2009 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2009 6:20 PM

i would do a vandro or a colony laced to whatever rim i know forshur the colony are stong as nuts ,thers a guy that dose backwards smiths and land hard/crashes and he busted his profile and the colony is holding strong

|

ref(s): evenwest94

11/5/2009 6:21 PM

brentrides wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

ok. do u think i should just get the m7 complete wheel off dans? or should i build my own wheel with the marmoset?

that would be a great wheel
great hub great rim its awesome

|

11/5/2009 6:24 PM

brentrides wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

iight thanks. its just going to cost a bit more, but if its a lot better, than it'll be worth it

|

11/5/2009 6:25 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

iight thanks. its just going to cost a bit more, but if its a lot better, than it'll be worth it

word
i pretty much run that wheel but with a hazard

|

11/5/2009 6:27 PM

brentrides wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

word

cool. the hazard is really nice too. my friend has a hazard for his back rim and he rides pretty hard and has barely bent it at all

|

11/5/2009 6:27 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

word

JKbmx09 wrote:

cool. the hazard is really nice too. my friend has a hazard for his back rim and he rides pretty hard and has barely bent it at all

shits bombproof

|

11/5/2009 6:35 PM

brentrides wrote:

word

JKbmx09 wrote:

brentrides wrote:

shits bombproof

nice nice. ive heard its good from other people too, and someone i know had it and really liked it

|

11/5/2009 6:42 PM

I'm ordering a custom wheel next Wednesday on Veteran's Day, and I'm gonna have the WTP Supreme front hub, it looks really nice.

|

Don't listen to me, I'm not on the list either!

Here's my blog: http://wcbmxscene.blogspot.com/

11/5/2009 6:57 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

I'm ordering a custom wheel next Wednesday on Veteran's Day, and I'm gonna have the WTP Supreme front hub, it looks really nice.

sweet

|

11/5/2009 7:05 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

sweet

Yeah dude, wait until next Wednesday/Thursday so you can use the 20% off discount, should save ATLEAST $30.

|

11/5/2009 7:22 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

sweet

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

Yeah dude, wait until next Wednesday/Thursday so you can use the 20% off discount, should save ATLEAST $30.

oh thanks! what is the code? 39m1?

|

11/5/2009 7:24 PM

nahh i had mine for 2 years and completely fucked it up while grinding

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/5/2009 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:46 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

sweet

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

Sorry man, I went riding. The code is 20PRCNT. It works on Nov. 11 & 12th only.

|

11/6/2009 6:49 PM

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

JKbmx09 wrote:

BMXgunnar08 wrote:

Sorry man, I went riding. The code is 20PRCNT. It works on Nov. 11 & 12th only.

thanks so much dude. im DEFINITELY going to do that. seriously i had no idea and i was only going to get the free shipping. thanks again

|