wats ur guyzez thoughts on racing.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2013 9:33 PM

Ive been racing for almost 2 years now i started off with freestyle but live down the street from whip city bmx. Currently state champion for the 14 y/o age group and just wonderi,g what u freestyle guyz think about racing

|

11/11/2013 9:35 PM

Racing is more body intensive and difficult in my opinion. To win you have to race flawlessly.

|

11/11/2013 9:38 PM

Ya def and thats why all my friends that i ride trails with think im like a robot or something because i never mess up on the jumps because its all about perfection

|

11/11/2013 9:41 PM

Hey, btw, any tips for racing? I am going on an exercise and diet spree for the racing season soon, and would like to see if you have any tips.

|

11/11/2013 9:43 PM

racing is cool, but i wouldn't do it. competition just isn't my thing. racing for fun? yea, that sounds pretty awesome

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

11/11/2013 9:43 PM

I have no interest in racing at all.

|

11/11/2013 9:48 PM

crazyclark wrote:

racing is cool, but i wouldn't do it. competition just isn't my thing. racing for fun? yea, that sounds pretty awesome

No competition? Dude, I make everything in my life a competition. You will never be perfect, but you can strive for excellence. That saying right there is shit. Perfection is attainable. If you strive for it and crush your competitors, perfection can be yours.

|

11/11/2013 9:49 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Hey, btw, any tips for racing? I am going on an exercise and diet spree for the racing season soon, and would like to see if you have any tips.

Well one is always do your sprints i do mine like telephpne pole to telephone pole and like 6 of em abd u do em every day and also every monday i go on runs because endurance can help u push to the end and feel alot better on race day also try to just sneak in exersises during the day like do pushups right out of bed and stuff like that and also try not to stay in the gym or whatever yoy like to do in your spare time and try and stay on your bike and if you have the oportunity ride trails i do all the time it helps alot with bike control but the number one training secret above all is have fun!

|

11/11/2013 9:51 PM

Bleh, running, I love most exercise, except running. But I will try. I love swimming though.

|

11/11/2013 9:56 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Bleh, running, I love most exercise, except running. But I will try. I love swimming though.

Yeah running really sucks but the more you do it the less you hate it its not only good for endurance but also for lower leg strength because riding is all in your Quads what would you recomend to do as a alternative to running for endurance?

|

11/11/2013 9:59 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Shockster585 wrote:

Yeah running really sucks but the more you do it the less you hate it its not only good for endurance but also for lower leg strength because riding is all in your Quads what would you recomend to do as a alternative to running for endurance?

Swimming, get a bike, get a 8t cassette, 43t sprocket, ride that thing for ages. Hiking. But running is good, I will do that. Btw, try kettle bells. Hard ass work out.

|

11/11/2013 10:04 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Shockster585 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Swimming, get a bike, get a 8t cassette, 43t sprocket, ride that thing for ages. Hiking. But running is good, I will do that. Btw, try kettle bells. Hard ass work out.

Yeah i do enjoy swimming. But haha shit 43t and a 8t lol youd sprint on that for a month anf you would be looking like the hulk. And what are kettle bells?

|

11/11/2013 10:07 PM

These weird shaped weights, search em up. Buy a 15 pounder, learn a bunch of the exercises, and be amazed at the wrath unleashed upon your body!

|

11/11/2013 10:14 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

These weird shaped weights, search em up. Buy a 15 pounder, learn a bunch of the exercises, and be amazed at the wrath unleashed upon your body!

Thanks i will look into that!

|

11/11/2013 10:19 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Shockster585 wrote:

If you really start getting in to them, create a regimen where you do say 15 reps on each side if it is a one sided exercise, and if it is a both hands and feet move then do 30 reps. In between each exercise, take NO RESTS. keep going. It is a fast paced work out.

|

11/11/2013 10:24 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Shockster585 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

If you really start getting in to them, create a regimen where you do say 15 reps on each side if it is a one sided exercise, and if it is a both hands and feet move then do 30 reps. In between each exercise, take NO RESTS. keep going. It is a fast paced work out.

Okay. I bet its real tiring isnt it kuz it definitly sounds it ya well im goin.to bed do you think they would by chance sell these weights on amazon?

|

11/11/2013 10:35 PM

Shockster585 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Shockster585 wrote:

Okay. I bet its real tiring isnt it kuz it definitly sounds it ya well im goin.to bed do you think they would by chance sell these weights on amazon?

Hell yeah they do. Tons of em.

|

11/11/2013 11:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2013 11:25 PM

Racings badass gives tons of bike control and has made allot of the top dirt jumpers......way more demanding and disciplined......I don't race now but the town I live in wants to build a track and if they do that ill be all over that

|

11/12/2013 6:28 AM

My friends and I are thinking about going racing on our freestyle bikes just for the lolz. But since we have no experience, we'd be in the lowest class and be able to wreak havoc(we hope) on some 6 year olds.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/12/2013 6:44 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

My friends and I are thinking about going racing on our freestyle bikes just for the lolz. But since we have no experience, we'd be in the lowest class and be able to wreak havoc(we hope) on some 6 year olds.

These six year olds would kick your ass. They go faaaaast.

|

11/12/2013 6:55 AM

Yeah i started racing on a freestyle bike too i wqs gunna just do it for fun but then. Realized how much ivloved it and never stopped

|

11/12/2013 3:37 PM

Some of the best freestyle riders grew up racing and still race. Racing gets crazy! If i lived in Pittsburgh id be riding South Park's track and then flowing the bowl after. I love riding a track. I never really focused enough on it tho when im there, i case everything haha If i had another day up there id ride better. It really wears you out, pumping and pedaling works every muscle in your body. It gets really crazy for sure. People say swimming is the best exercise, but BMX Racing is if you ask me. It's really hard, but so fun. My favorite thing to do is 360 a jump in a friendly race with friends you make at the park. I did that once and everyone was confused. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/12/2013 4:02 PM

So you can race with regular bmx bikes? there is a track really close to me but i know i need brakes helment what pads if any? and jersey and what else? maybe different tracks have different rules so idk but i think since it's getting cold maybe the season ended or something.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/12/2013 4:18 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

But don't they do the groups by experiance? So like we'd be against people that have never raced before too, but since we ride trails and shit we can pump well and hopefully be fast.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/12/2013 4:19 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

So you can race with regular bmx bikes? there is a track really close to me but i know i need brakes helment what pads if any? and jersey and what else? maybe different tracks have different rules so idk but i think since it's getting cold maybe the season ended or something.

Yes you can race with any 20 inch bicycle or you can race a 24 or 26 inch bike in the cruiser class. You dont need pads it isnt required unless youvplan on wearing Shorts. I know shadow conspiracy makes sone goood ones i have some cheap fly ones but theyre realy uncufturable Also you need money For a usa bmx licence you can usr it at any track in yhe united states and parts of canada and yeah the season in new englqn is pretty much over although some tracks go till it snows

|

11/12/2013 4:21 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

But don't they do the groups by experiance? So like we'd be against people that have never raced before too, but since we ride trails and shit we can pump well and hopefully be fast.

Yes the groups for the 20 inch class are novice intermediate and expert

|

11/12/2013 5:07 PM

I wished I raced. You gain so much bike control and going fast is a dream. Plus , if you slam racing , freestyle falls will just make you laugh.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/12/2013 6:08 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I wished I raced. You gain so much bike control and going fast is a dream. Plus , if you slam racing , freestyle falls will just make you laugh.

Yeah dude racing is ablast theres no better feeling than beei.g out front skieing over doubles ripping

|