we need a new bmx video game

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2007 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:55 PM

as you might already know, there hasnt been a good bmx game released in like 5 years or so... sure the dave mirra games were good but they could get incredibly unrealistic and sure he just released another game but thats only on psp and it looks a lot like tony hawks downhill jam... which i have heard sucks...

Sunday, July 29, 2007
new bmx game petition
ok people heres my idea i am gonna start a new petition for a new bmx game... i already have one circulating around bmxtalk and youtube... i have about 15 or so signatures on bmxtalk and i think about 20 on youtube if i choose to start it... i need a lot of sigs here

ok heres what i have so far for the petition... feel free to add anything, also please pass this around

the freestyle events in the game should be:
X-Games
AST Dew Tour
Red Bull Evalation
Red Bull Empire of Dirt
Metrojam (toronto, vancouver, singapore)
Asian X-Games
BMX Masters (cologne, germany)
Gravity Games

and some of the places to just ride around on freeride or \"training mode\"

Dave Mirra's warehouse
Woodward
Woodward West
The Unit
Jaycee Park
The Incline Club (cranmers park)
other well known parks or fictional parks

create a park/trails would be nice...

total bike customization... including:
frame
fork
bars
grips
stem
cranks
chainwheel
pedals
pegs
rims
tires
brakes
brake levers
brake cables
seat post
seat clamp
bar ends
axels
hubs
seat
gyro
freecoaster optional

you should even be able to completely customize paint... there should be a career mode and you get your first bike as a birthday present and then you gradually get better at a local park/trails/track and upgrade your bike as you go along... you use the money gained from local am comps/races to buy upgrades or a new bike all together... there should be tons of real parts to choose from as well...

after you get good enough and save enough money to travel out to a good spot of your choosing (such as greenville, woodward, etc.) and while you are there, you impress some pro riders who start to mentor you... then, after doing a highly prestigious amateur event, you get sponsered... after that you go onto the pro circuit...

yeah that should pretty much be the career mode...

otherwise as you progress through career mode, you unlock pro riders for outside of career mode use

oh i just got a really good idea... you could upload your personal setup and parts and just start career mode that way but then there would be a lot of cheaters i guess...

rider list (feel free to add)

dave mirra, scotty cranmer, daniel dhers, morgan wade ryan guettler, mike spinner, corey bohan, luke parslow, ryan nyquist, chad kagy, kevin robinson, jamie bestwick, colin mckay, cam white, steve mccann, dennis enarson, anthony napolitan, simon tabron, mike laird, corey martinez, rob thomas, zack warden, garrett reynolds, chase hawk, allan cooke, DMC, etc and possibly stephen murray as a bonus character...

once again, feel free to add ANYTHING however please keep it within the realm of realism... no jumping through hoops or launching grenades at other riders, flamethrowers,etc.

PLEASE PASS THIS AROUND ON OTHER WEBSITES!!!!!!!!(but please remember that i started this so put \"started by homesickle\" at the bottom...

[edit] forgot morgan wade

Post edited by: homesickle, at: 8/1/2007 3:33 AM

|

7/30/2007 8:06 PM

or dude, i pose a much easier alternative:
lets just all get outside and ride everyday, to our own videogame soundtrack, having a kickass time, versus staying inside trying to get dave mirra to do a trick humanly impossible.cool

|

7/30/2007 8:24 PM

U 4got Steve Hamilton, Tyrone Williams, And Wormz.

Post edited by: BMAN1706, at: 8/1/2007 9:58 AM

|

Modern Warfare 2 is on its way...

7/30/2007 10:28 PM

bruce crisman, seth kimbrough, edwin delarosa, mike aitken

|

7/31/2007 4:07 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

how the hell did you forgot morgan wade?!?!

|

7/31/2007 2:19 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

sasho wrote:

ay ay ay you kids are pathetic...wassat

|

7/31/2007 5:32 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

sasho wrote:

sasho wrote:

did i forget morgan wade? oh shit... hes one of my favorite riders how the hell did i forget him? anyways i am getting a lot more support on other bmx sites...
|

7/31/2007 7:34 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

sasho wrote:

homesickle wrote: sasho wrote:

did i forget morgan wade? oh shit... hes one of my favorite riders how the hell did i forget him? anyways i am getting a lot more support on other bmx sites...

you guys need to get a life, be cool for little kids possibly but i bet most of these people here barely play video games. i rarely play video games. i dont play them as much as i used to. i rather be outside riding its more fun then sitting inside on a nice day. or a rainy day i have the luxury of going to incline club cause its like 25-30 min drive for me. also rainy days most of the times i'll sit inside just have a chill day relax myself cause i beat my body a little too much then i used to from riding.

|

7/31/2007 9:07 PM

sasho wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

you guys need to get a life, be cool for little kids possibly but i bet most of these people here barely play video games. i rarely play video games. i dont play them as much as i used to. i rather be outside riding its more fun then sitting inside on a nice day. or a rainy day i have the luxury of going to incline club cause its like 25-30 min drive for me. also rainy days most of the times i'll sit inside just have a chill day relax myself cause i beat my body a little too much then i used to from riding.

seriously. thanks joe.cool

|

8/2/2007 11:37 AM

RedneckintheDesert wrote:

yeah well there are NO skateparks around here or at least parks that allow bikes plus both of my parents are really really busy so even if there was they wouldnt be able to drive me...

plus it would bring attention to the sport which is never a bad thing

|

8/2/2007 12:30 PM

homesickle wrote:

yeah well there are NO skateparks around here or at least parks that allow bikes plus both of my parents are really really busy so even if there was they wouldnt be able to drive me...

dude then start riding street. thats what i did

|

8/3/2007 3:52 AM

homesickle wrote:

ty6pakr1 wrote:

i've been playing dave mirra freestyle bmx for like 2 years every day so i'm starting to get bored of it lol.and we need a bmx game for pc too since there hasn't been anything released for over 7 years i think :-S
oh and i also ride every day but it's really fun to play bmx games on your pc as well.
and i'm in the same situation(no skatepark or dirt park and i've always ridden only street although there are a few spots here).

oh yea and bmx would deserve more good reputation since it started to be in the shade of skateboarding although we are much better than they are at everything.most skaters are skating to get chicks not to actually progress and still they are the good boys of the extreme sports

Post edited by: abyss, at: 8/3/2007 1:55 PM

|

8/3/2007 2:21 PM

homesickle wrote:

ty6pakr1 wrote:

abyss wrote:

i've been playing dave mirra freestyle bmx for like 2 years every day so i'm starting to get bored of it lol.and we need a bmx game for pc too since there hasn't been anything released for over 7 years i think :-S
oh and i also ride every day but it's really fun to play bmx games on your pc as well.
and i'm in the same situation(no skatepark or dirt park and i've always ridden only street although there are a few spots here).

oh yea and bmx would deserve more good reputation since it started to be in the shade of skateboarding although we are much better than they are at everything.most skaters are skating to get chicks not to actually progress and still they are the good boys of the extreme sports

got that right i used to skate and i was the only one that was good at it so i quit and started riding. skating is for girls

|

8/4/2007 11:04 PM

ty6pakr1 wrote:

abyss wrote:

ty6pakr1 wrote:

got that right i used to skate and i was the only one that was good at it so i quit and started riding. skating is for girls

hey homesickle, ty is right. there's bound to be some nice street around your house or down the road, or somewhere. you don't have to ride park to BMX. personally, ill take street before park anyday. i love just going out with my friends, looking for stuff, being creative, trying tricks different ways, off different stuff... street is a whole other world in BMX. it really brings out your creative side, and helps you become a more technical rider. or, you can continue to spend your countless hours trying to get vital (not thq or rainbow studios, etc.) to make a better video game, and just hope that by some act of God, a park will magically appear two blocks down from you next week. you gotta take some ACTUAL initiative. we are here to ride, not get weak and frail from sitting in front of the boob-tube all day. sorry if i sound a bit harsh, but i'm just trying to make my point.

|

8/5/2007 4:14 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

sasho wrote:

homesickle wrote:
sasho wrote:

witch other sites?
|

8/5/2007 4:20 AM

hey homesickle can you tell us how the petition works?
oh and you forgot to mention that the bmx game should be playable on PC not only PS sad

|

8/5/2007 10:15 AM

abyss wrote:

oh and you forgot to mention that the bmx game should be playable on PC not only PS sad

You must be smoking trees its just a videogame. Morgan Wade is great and mat hoffman 2 was okay.

|

8/5/2007 2:07 PM

abyss wrote:

dan7777777 wrote:

You must be smoking trees its just a videogame. Morgan Wade is great and mat hoffman 2 was okay.

I think there definately needs to be more bmx games. However, it might take a while to get to where the Tony Hawk skateboard games are but anything is better than what is out now.

|

8/5/2007 2:11 PM

abyss wrote:

dan7777777 wrote:

hockeypimp360 wrote:

I think there definately needs to be more bmx games. However, it might take a while to get to where the Tony Hawk skateboard games are but anything is better than what is out now.

true.but i'll get my hand of the first bmx game for pc that will be launched.i think bmx games improves your creativity so it's actually good for your riding :D

|

8/5/2007 3:33 PM

dan7777777 wrote:

hockeypimp360 wrote:

abyss wrote:

true.but i'll get my hand of the first bmx game for pc that will be launched.i think bmx games improves your creativity so it's actually good for your riding :D

it rained at my house today when the roads dried up i went riding for a little bit then it sprinkled so i came home and i still havent played video games... ive washed my bike and put about two coats of wax on it re greased my crank tighted my chain.. way better than playin games

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

8/5/2007 11:39 PM

hockeypimp360 wrote:

abyss wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

it rained at my house today when the roads dried up i went riding for a little bit then it sprinkled so i came home and i still havent played video games... ive washed my bike and put about two coats of wax on it re greased my crank tighted my chain.. way better than playin games

well not everybody has to like video games.but for those who enjoy them(i only play Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX because i consider the rest boring) it would be awesome to have something new because the bmx video games are over 7 years old.this topic was made only for those who want a new game not for those who don't want it.

|

8/13/2007 10:47 PM

abyss wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

abyss wrote:

well not everybody has to like video games.but for those who enjoy them(i only play Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX because i consider the rest boring) it would be awesome to have something new because the bmx video games are over 7 years old.this topic was made only for those who want a new game not for those who don't want it.

hey dude you got a good idea going whenever im injured it would be nice to play a tight ass video game like that. Im down to sign something if its for BMX why not anything that helps the sport grow help it progress

|

8/13/2007 11:49 PM

TumblerBmx wrote:

abyss wrote:

bmx_street2006 wrote:

hey dude you got a good idea going whenever im injured it would be nice to play a tight ass video game like that. Im down to sign something if its for BMX why not anything that helps the sport grow help it progress

i don't think that guy is watching the topic anymore sad

|

8/14/2007 12:48 AM

abyss wrote:

bmx_street2006 wrote:

abyss wrote:

i don't think that guy is watching the topic anymore sad

i like the idea =)

|

8/14/2007 9:54 PM

i'm not really into video games but i do play dave mirra and tony hawk on my PSP while i'm at work, and it would be cool to see a bmx game that has it together as much as tony hawk pro skater.

|

GOD BLE$$ THI$ ME$$

8/14/2007 10:34 PM

LORD66SUCKS wrote:

i'm not really into video games but i do play dave mirra and tony hawk on my PSP while i'm at work, and it would be cool to see a bmx game that has it together as much as tony hawk pro skater.

it would be nice for those days that you can't ride at all and are bored off your ass.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/15/2007 4:54 AM

LORD66SUCKS wrote:

dah man wrote:

it would be nice for those days that you can't ride at all and are bored off your ass.

it would hav to b alot more realistic for me to play like u cant flair to like tripple whip or something lol or do flatland for as long at u want

|

8/15/2007 4:55 AM

LORD66SUCKS wrote:

dah man wrote:

it would hav to b alot more realistic for me to play like u cant flair to like tripple whip or something lol or do flatland for as long at u want

|

10/6/2007 8:08 PM

ummm, sure a game woul be great, even though dave just came out with one, k, but anyway, u should be able to choose like the frame, fork, bars, wheels, but i mean brake levers and grips? is not going to make a difference wheen you stop? and what if your brakeless? well anyway, just choose what you can see, unless its a lifesize tv, haha =], well another game would be good, PS2/P/3 Xbox 360, and yea, where do i sign? smile

PS Riding outside is just as good

|

SEBxRIDESxBMX

Ride bikes, have fun, repeat.

10/7/2007 2:57 PM

sorry if this guy was already said but what about Edwin Delarosa? But I think that idea kicks major ***. If you can set it into motion that'd be awesome.

|