wearing spectacles

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2015 12:05 AM

hi guys, I started wearing spectacles again after 15 years of wearing contacts. so I got this regular ones, which of course is not good when riding. anyone here wearing spectacles? do you use somekind of strap/retainer, or do you use sports spectacles, like how basketball players wear?

|

3/5/2015 12:41 AM

I havent worn glasses before but maybe try getting an elastic band and wrapping it around your ear and on your specs? Dunno if that would work but it could.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

3/5/2015 12:45 AM

I think normal glasses would be fine but I think a strap just incase they fly off your head, I don't wear glasses but just my 2 cents.

|

3/5/2015 1:01 AM

i have had no issue with my glasses flying off my head when riding.

|

3/5/2015 1:36 AM

bikect wrote:

do they fit tight at the sides of your head? cause mine keeps dropping. must be the shape of my head. i guess i need to find those strap thing

|

3/5/2015 4:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2015 4:59 AM

bikect wrote:

zzzxtreme wrote:

do they fit tight at the sides of your head? cause mine keeps dropping. must be the shape of my head. i guess i need to find ...more

Just bend them a bit to tighten them, they're made to do that since everyones heads r different. U can even get the optometrist to adjust them for u if ur too sketched out on doing it yourself. If they're not metal tighten the screws down so the hinges don't move as much.

|

3/5/2015 5:36 AM

At the eyeglass store they should fit them for you...

Heat up and bend down the part that sits on your ear to have them sit better
I've only had one crash where mine had come off, and that was when I broke my collarbone wink

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

3/5/2015 6:42 AM

Used to ride in them then faceplanted once on a nose manual went for it again and demolished my prescription oakleys that were a absolutely retarded amount from an optometrist, hell they cost me as much as my full custom i have now was to build, after destroying those i don't think i'd ever ride with glasses again.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

3/5/2015 6:46 AM

I hate wearing glasses, contacts are better in every way. Back when i had to i would get pissed with them fogging up and getting shit on them like sweat and dirt. Glasses are fucking terrible and i will never wear them again.

I would NOT recommend wearing them for BMX or any sport at all. It's cumbersome and awful

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/5/2015 3:46 PM

I rode with glasses for the past 15 years and had no problem at all. it as all ok.

|

3/5/2015 4:18 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I hate wearing glasses, contacts are better in every way. Back when i had to i would get pissed with them fogging up and ...more

I couldn't get contacts in, otherwise I would wear them lol

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

3/5/2015 5:28 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I hate wearing glasses, contacts are better in every way. Back when i had to i would get pissed with them fogging up and ...more

MidWestBMX wrote:

It takes a little bit of time, but if i can do it with my rough, thick fingers, anyone can. haha

Take the time to practice

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/5/2015 7:34 PM

thanks guys. I order these. $4 for both. apparently ok for badminton, so I guess ok for bunny hopping. If it doesn't work out, I'll some cheap monthly contacts just for riding

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Photo

|

3/5/2015 8:53 PM

I wear glasses not riding , broke a pair riding never bothered again

|

3/6/2015 1:38 AM

bikect wrote:

zzzxtreme wrote:

do they fit tight at the sides of your head? cause mine keeps dropping. must be the shape of my head. i guess i need to find ...more

They are not really tight, I've had a loser pair only fall off but that was when I was riding in a foam pit. And also I use a helmet a lot so it makes the glasses tighter to my head

|

3/6/2015 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2015 9:29 AM

When I rock my glasses I just wear these: https://www.chums.com/cotton

It's an adjustable strap that helps to keep the glasses from falling off your face. They work really well. My glasses have never fallen off my face when I use these. I ended up switching to contacts anyway though because my glasses kept fogging up.

|

3/6/2015 3:40 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

It takes a little bit of time, but if i can do it with my rough, thick fingers, anyone can. haha

Take the time to practice

this, i had to get my vision checked recently and turns out my eyesight is terribad
contacts took me a couple days to figure out but now it takes 30sec to get them in, you get a full unobstructed field of view unlike glasses, they dont shatter, don't fall off and are a helluva lot cheaper
plus its hard to lose them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/8/2015 4:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2015 4:19 AM

I hate wearing my glasses when riding, coz once i start sweating it drips down my head and all over my lenses and constanly have to wipe them lol

though today i saw at a bodyboard shop, foam straps for glasses in the surf and they would have to be tight on your head or there gone forever in the sea, so maybe look at a surf shop for them

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

3/18/2015 10:19 PM

you guys are right, it sucks wearing spectacles lol
moreoever, the one i'm using keeps slipping when I grind
I'll only wear contacts during riding. cheap monthly lenses will do

|

3/19/2015 1:46 AM

Just get a bridge piercing and hook these badboys up. They'll never come off. Badass medieval mullet: optional, but recommended.
Photo

|

Check my bikecheck
Eat shit or die tryin', yo!

3/19/2015 1:57 AM

errrr i'll think about it unsure

|

3/19/2015 2:03 PM

Big man Chris at snakewoods uses a band that does around the back of his he's works a treat. I got some for my aviators for when I'm riding

|

The first breath is the beginning of death