weird back tire problem

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2013 10:29 PM

Hey im new to bmx and so far i love it, recently i took a nasty fall while jhopping 2x4s i noticed this on the back tire the next day. i lowered the tire psi and decided after a few driveway hops it probably wont get worse, but i marked it with sharpie to see if it got bigger, it did, i don't know what this problem is but its kinda freaking me out. i may have had a little too much air in the back idk.

should i just ride it untill it goes then buy a new one? im going somewhere with a nicer skate park than here and a dirt track and i want to be able to ride

here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/1IsKx

|

7/15/2013 10:41 PM

Looks as if you havent set the bead right in the tire and/or it was overpumped, or you left it in the sun and the rubber became too soft and it pulled away. dont go over 70 psi for now, it should be okay, dont do too many drops for now and it should be okay. I recommend starting to look for tires tho, i recommend the Chase Hawk odyssey tire for the rear if you want a slick tire and a glh if you want in between and for dirt either a path or mike aitken.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/15/2013 10:55 PM

thanks, these tires make at 60 -.- i ideally because im a bigger guy want this one i saw which has up to 110. im pretty sure i over pumped these tho ( probs 70 psi) , problem is i don't have much money to spare, may sell my ps3. the bike was professionally set up so im almost sure there just cheap tires over-pumped

|

7/15/2013 10:55 PM

its a 2014 kink launch completely stock

|

7/15/2013 11:01 PM

Yeah, if you never touched it ever since you got it stock, it may have came with the tire not put on correctly and with you over inflating and riding rough, it may have made a bulge so beware. It may actually blow, though it won't be that loud considering it's only like 65 PSI, lol.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/15/2013 11:03 PM

yeah as said above, just keep them at the recommended PSI.. it'll probably blow out if you don't since they're just cheap innova tires... also I see you're on Imgur, fellow imgurian or just use the site for photo uploads? haha

|

7/15/2013 11:08 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

yeah as said above, just keep them at the recommended PSI.. it'll probably blow out if you don't since they're just cheap innova tires... also I see you're on Imgur, fellow imgurian or just use the site for photo uploads? haha

im running less im pretty sure, and reddit uses imgur so i like it haha, if it pops/ when it does ill but a new tire on danscomp and hopefully be good, im going to try to reseat the tire soon and hope it helps. then inflate pretty low, it looks now like theirs a permanent bulge

|

7/15/2013 11:10 PM

elzincho wrote:

im running less im pretty sure, and reddit uses imgur so i like it haha, if it pops/ when it does ill but a new tire on danscomp and hopefully be good, im going to try to reseat the tire soon and hope it helps. then inflate pretty low, it looks now like theirs a permanent bulge

Just keep an eye on it. I was forced to ride 40psi max tires before when I had no cash for new ones at the time, and I pumped them to probably 50psi tops and blew the tire out /: haha shit sucked. But yeah I'm on Reddit as well but Imgur gets all the best posts so I'm content with that

|

7/15/2013 11:14 PM

yea i was thinking of that, only psi gague i have is on a shitty car compressor ( you have to screw it to the inner tube :/ ) and make sure its at the middle , its fairly low but its still getting worse, hopefuly i can find the money to buy a new set without the need to sell my ps3

|

7/16/2013 8:27 AM

Put tape along the bead on it like 2 or 3 layers. Take off that side of the tire, put tape on, reset & make sure the tape is between the tire & rim. That should help it last a little longer.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/16/2013 8:49 AM

I would just invest in a new tire. It's not terribly expensive an you'll have to do it sooner or later

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/16/2013 2:47 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Put tape along the bead on it like 2 or 3 layers. Take off that side of the tire, put tape on, reset & make sure the tape is between the tire & rim. That should help it last a little longer.

was goona do that and add some crazy glue ( would this melt the rubber? if it does i wont ), my compressor dissappeared today tho

|

7/16/2013 2:48 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

I would just invest in a new tire. It's not terribly expensive an you'll have to do it sooner or later

if only i had money

|