what do you guys think of the Merritt Tension front hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2015 4:04 PM

So I just saw the Merritt Tension front hub guard on dans today I was thinking about getting but I just want to see you guys take on it. But I kinda stuck between this and the g sport gland mk4 I know they are pretty much the same thing but if you had a choice which one would you buy. Here some pics Photo

Photo

|

ref-momoney brought a frame.

6/2/2015 4:16 PM

glands everytime.

|

6/2/2015 4:43 PM

I have 2 glands and they're great but I must say, Merritt has always been known to make strong, high quality products.

With that being said, I don't really know of anyone personally who uses that guard.

Either one should be just fine.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/2/2015 5:25 PM

I just ordered both and ill review in like 2 weeks

|

Bang Bang bmx

6/2/2015 5:41 PM

I like it. It's basically a GSport gland that's a little harder to install. It probably stays on well too.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/2/2015 5:54 PM

Just like the gland, I personally would never ever ride it. Steel guards > pc guards

|

6/2/2015 7:22 PM

I'm debating between those 2 myself. Have been for 2 weeks and still haven't decided lol

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/2/2015 8:54 PM

I'm biased because I am a merritt fanboy, but I'll point out the perks of each..

Perks of Merritt
-Easy to Install AND UNINSTALL when you happen to pressure-break spokes (happens to me a lot)
-No Shitt ZIPTIES to snap, I go through like 5 a week but I grind hard and A LOT
-Smaller and lower profile than GSport.

All those three things make it wayy better than the gsport for me.. and you may think its harder to install, but you can do it in way less time than you can strap like 6 zipties on, especially when you are trying to replae shitty broken spokes..

Perks of GSport
-You get to be cool cuz its gsport
-about $2 cheaper
-has lifetime warranty on cracking it

|

The Trendy One
"You're Like The Dollar Store David Grant..."
xxohioanxx - "finger azn girl, finger comes out smelling like sesame chicken"

6/2/2015 11:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Just like the gland, I personally would never ever ride it. Steel guards > pc guards

this. ive only used guards a few times. and i just went for steel ones.

i mean, if i felt i needed a guard thats cheap and whatnot, id probably make one or use a gland jsut to get me by

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/5/2015 4:05 AM

bkd705 wrote:

I'm biased because I am a merritt fanboy, but I'll point out the perks of each..

Perks of Merritt
-Easy to Install AND ...more

Just for information the newest GLAND (Mk 4) only uses 3 cable ties (or one strap/shoelace) and is much easier to install and is significantly smaller than the previous model (and there is a front and rear specific version).

Photo

One advantage of the GLAND that I would like to mention is that if you land super hard on it the worst case scenario is that the Cable ties (or strap) breaks and you can find more ties or an old shoelace to replace it. This acts like a fusible link to protect the spokes and the guard.

smile
G.

|

6/5/2015 1:03 PM

I have the gland mk3 it hold up good

|