what frame is this

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2018 1:59 PM

what frame is this thanks



|

11/7/2018 2:00 PM

That's a MONGOOSE PRO Sniper it has to be worth $1000 at least

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


11/7/2018 3:56 PM

Looking like a Fit, but the dropout looks weird for any Fit I remember but the number on the left starts with an F sooo

|

11/7/2018 10:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That's a MONGOOSE PRO Sniper it has to be worth $1000 at least

are you sure

|

11/8/2018 1:45 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That's a MONGOOSE PRO Sniper it has to be worth $1000 at least

Ben_Bernardo wrote:

are you sure

If anyone knows anything about MONGOOSE PRO, it’s Tim. He just recently bought one.

|

11/8/2018 2:06 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That's a MONGOOSE PRO Sniper it has to be worth $1000 at least

Ben_Bernardo wrote:

are you sure

Spongeworthy wrote:

If anyone knows anything about MONGOOSE PRO, it’s Tim. He just recently bought one.

do have photo of her frame

|

11/8/2018 3:34 AM

Not fit. Looks cheap with the pressed stays. Dropouts might be a good clue.

|

11/8/2018 4:42 AM

The sprocket is an Eastern Shogun. It's a good quality part. No idea about the rest.

|

11/8/2018 5:09 AM

Maybe a Fly? Or Fit.

Email the serial number to Fit and see if they can pull the details for you. Failing that, try Fly. Could be an older Fly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/8/2018 2:46 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Maybe a Fly? Or Fit.

Email the serial number to Fit and see if they can pull the details for you. Failing that, try Fly. Could be an older Fly.

where can be search a serial no what sit

|

11/8/2018 9:07 PM

where can be search a serial no what sit

|

11/9/2018 6:10 AM

Ben_Bernardo wrote:

where can be search a serial no what sit

Uhhhhh.... wut?

|

11/9/2018 7:56 AM

Looks like it has a sticker on the front that might be helpful?

|

11/9/2018 8:20 AM

A little research has me thinking a Fly Tierra with a 19.6 Top Tube.

The serial number is the letter/number code on the right side of your top photo.





Stock photo

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/9/2018 8:58 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

A little research has me thinking a Fly Tierra with a 19.6 Top Tube.

The serial number is the letter/number code on the right side of your top photo.





Stock photo

Different dropouts, different bridges, no gyro tabs, gussets

|

11/9/2018 9:00 AM

Can anyone help me? What bike is this?





|

11/9/2018 9:19 AM

Classic ^^

99% sure the OP frame is a Fly Tierra V3.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/9/2018 9:22 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Classic ^^

99% sure the OP frame is a Fly Tierra V3.

Different dropouts, different bridges, gussets, gyro tabs

|

11/9/2018 10:44 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Classic ^^

99% sure the OP frame is a Fly Tierra V3.

grumpySteve wrote:

Different dropouts, different bridges, gussets, gyro tabs

The drops aren't noticably different on the computer I am on.

Gyro tab holes and bridges are about the best "no it isn't that one".

Eastern rear wheel, but unsure why "FT196" would be stamped on the BB...hence why I think it is a Fly. Fit doesn't have "FT" on the BB...

Interesting.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/9/2018 11:06 AM

Must be a fly Tierra

|

11/9/2018 11:22 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Classic ^^

99% sure the OP frame is a Fly Tierra V3.

grumpySteve wrote:

Different dropouts, different bridges, gussets, gyro tabs

dave lawrence wrote:

The drops aren't noticably different on the computer I am on.

Gyro tab holes and bridges are about the best "no it isn't that one".

Eastern rear wheel, but unsure why "FT196" would be stamped on the BB...hence why I think it is a Fly. Fit doesn't have "FT" on the BB...

Interesting.

I'm on my phone and can see the dropouts are clearly different. And the tierra doesn't have gussets. I think it's a cheap stock complete frame myself. Judging from the stamps, the paint looks real thin, and it looks like it stamped very easily (there's no deformation around the edges, or excess paint).

Frame numbers very rarely give obvious clues as to what the frame is. Even more so on cheaper bikes

|

11/9/2018 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 12:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm on my phone and can see the dropouts are clearly different. And the tierra doesn't have gussets. I think it's a cheap stock complete frame myself. Judging from the stamps, the paint looks real thin, and it looks like it stamped very easily (there's no deformation around the edges, or excess paint).

Frame numbers very rarely give obvious clues as to what the frame is. Even more so on cheaper bikes

The serial number rarely does, however the additional stamp on the BB typically does. My Radio has "NEMESIS" on it (it's a Nemesis frame). My Failure had "FAILURE 205" on it (it was a grade 1 in 20.5 TT). A couple other frames I ran did too-If I recall correctly, my Eastern Journey had "Journey" on the BB as well.

The Eastern rear wheel and tires could be off anything, but it COULD be an Eastern, but that would not explain the FT 196.

I say someone email Fly with the serial Number and find out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/9/2018 6:25 PM

This frame is Geoff.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

11/9/2018 6:38 PM

I know I don’t chime in on things often, but there is no way this is a Fly Tierra. I’m pretty sure all the generations of those had internal gussets, no externals.

|

11/9/2018 10:35 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The drops aren't noticably different on the computer I am on.

Gyro tab holes and bridges are about the best "no it isn't that one".

Eastern rear wheel, but unsure why "FT196" would be stamped on the BB...hence why I think it is a Fly. Fit doesn't have "FT" on the BB...

Interesting.

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm on my phone and can see the dropouts are clearly different. And the tierra doesn't have gussets. I think it's a cheap stock complete frame myself. Judging from the stamps, the paint looks real thin, and it looks like it stamped very easily (there's no deformation around the edges, or excess paint).

Frame numbers very rarely give obvious clues as to what the frame is. Even more so on cheaper bikes

dave lawrence wrote:

The serial number rarely does, however the additional stamp on the BB typically does. My Radio has "NEMESIS" on it (it's a Nemesis frame). My Failure had "FAILURE 205" on it (it was a grade 1 in 20.5 TT). A couple other frames I ran did too-If I recall correctly, my Eastern Journey had "Journey" on the BB as well.

The Eastern rear wheel and tires could be off anything, but it COULD be an Eastern, but that would not explain the FT 196.

I say someone email Fly with the serial Number and find out.

The ft196 doesn't need to be explained, they're random numbers.
The frames you mention are aftermarket. Cheap completes won't have some breakable code on the bottom to work out what it is. The wtp frame I've got kicking around has 2 sets of numbers, and they don't mean a thing (maybe to wtp, but no clue to anyone else). And look at the quality of those stamps. I've never seen stamps like that on a good frame.
It's not a fly, unless it's one of their cheap completes. And it's not fit because even the cheapest of fit frames has the logo stamped somewhere.

|

11/12/2018 12:34 AM

readybmxer wrote:

This frame is Geoff.

My frame Geoff

|

11/14/2018 10:05 AM

That frame Geoff

|

11/14/2018 1:29 PM

I dunno about other models but my fly looks nothing like that.. Especially the bb

|

11/14/2018 2:37 PM

Looking closer, you guys are right. Not a Fly. We need some more photos OP! One of the front of the HT, the bars, the stem, the bridges between seat stays, close ups on the dropouts too.

I've seen that DT gusset somewhere but cannot figure out WHERE.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/14/2018 5:41 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Classic ^^

99% sure the OP frame is a Fly Tierra V3.

grumpySteve wrote:

Different dropouts, different bridges, gussets, gyro tabs

dave lawrence wrote:

The drops aren't noticably different on the computer I am on.

Gyro tab holes and bridges are about the best "no it isn't that one".

Eastern rear wheel, but unsure why "FT196" would be stamped on the BB...hence why I think it is a Fly. Fit doesn't have "FT" on the BB...

Interesting.

Nope but a few frames have an F...it is similar to a Fly but the dropouts are different or look it.

|