what frame to buy

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2013 7:32 AM

hi guys im in the market for a new frame, just sold a 20.6 total 657 that i did not like at all, i seemed to end up nose diving everything and completley lost my ability to go high in general, before that i had a fly tierra and that felt really good in terms of geo however it just didn't feel solid at all, so from this ive got it down to two possibly three frames, these are;
bsd trailorpark in 20.7
mutiny rune in 20.666
failure mainiac in 20.4 or 20.8
so what i want is reviews and opinions on all of these frames and also which failure should i get of the two, im 5,7 and as the mainiac is designed to be a short frame getting it in 20.8 seems pointless, so some help would be much appreciated

|

7/3/2013 7:38 AM

tt length is all preference. and im guessing you ride park so the 20.4 seems to make more sense since park riders tend to ride tiny frames. not sure why. but anyway i know the mutiny and bsd are solid frames. dont know much about failure though

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/3/2013 7:46 AM

tomdon wrote:

tt length is all preference. and im guessing you ride park so the 20.4 seems to make more sense since park riders tend to ride tiny frames. not sure why. but anyway i know the mutiny and bsd are solid frames. dont know much about failure though

i ride street and park really, a good mix of the two, i know the mainiac is a really solid frame, if anything more reliable than the other two i was just wondering if 20.4 would be bad for barspins and general street and also if it would result in another bike wich is extremely nose happy like my total was

|

7/3/2013 7:52 AM

Personally I wouldn't ride the failure. I'd go the mutiny or the bsd.

Tt length comes down to preference, but you also have to take into account bar width and stem length. I wouldn't go a 20.5 if I had 30" bars,


But that's me

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/3/2013 7:55 AM

Gump wrote:

Personally I wouldn't ride the failure. I'd go the mutiny or the bsd.

Tt length comes down to preference, but you also have to take into account bar width and stem length. I wouldn't go a 20.5 if I had 30" bars,


But that's me

im riding bsd high landers, 27 wide by 8.3 rise on it, also a 48mm stem will be used, and the failure is the most reliable of the three, the quality of its as good as the others for sure, its more about the geo that im asking about

|

7/3/2013 7:55 AM

tomdon wrote:

tt length is all preference. and im guessing you ride park so the 20.4 seems to make more sense since park riders tend to ride tiny frames. not sure why. but anyway i know the mutiny and bsd are solid frames. dont know much about failure though

JoeDavidson wrote:

i ride street and park really, a good mix of the two, i know the mainiac is a really solid frame, if anything more reliable than the other two i was just wondering if 20.4 would be bad for barspins and general street and also if it would result in another bike wich is extremely nose happy like my total was

get something around 20.75 if your worried. ive done barspins on 21" frames with 30" bars and 20.5 frames with 28" bars

|

I'm on the vital legit list!