what grease should i use?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2012 6:24 AM

i am going to be building my bike soon and i'm wondering what grease i should use.

|

Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential.STREET DAWG. [url=http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/the-day-has-come,1274784]>BIKE CHECK HERE

11/3/2012 6:38 AM

Bike grease. Or really any decent, non-car grease. (Car grease is typically set for higher friction temps, which in many cases makes it too thick, causing things to feel stiff and sluggish).

Park Tool Poly Lube 1000 works well, White Lightning Crystal grease works well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2012 8:18 AM

none grease weighs lodes, you will save lodes of weight so it will be easier to do tricks

|

parkrat.

11/3/2012 8:20 AM

Rstar wrote:

none grease weighs lodes, you will save lodes of weight so it will be easier to do tricks

IKR even titanium parts are to heavy and really just weigh down the bike, i prefer air...

|

Two hundred years of American technology has unwittingly created a massive cement playground of unlimited potential.STREET DAWG. [url=http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/the-day-has-come,1274784]>BIKE CHECK HERE

11/3/2012 1:36 PM

I use some huge tub of white lithium grease I bought from ebay for $20 it does the job

|

11/3/2012 1:47 PM

Phil wood.

|

11/3/2012 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2012 5:23 PM

axle grease on all bearings, white lithium grease on everything else (like anything non-bearing that still has friction). Also put grease on your bolts, that way they won't rust/corrode and seize making it hard to remove in the future...that means the seat post too.

|

11/4/2012 12:25 AM

Yeah I just bought a tube of white lithium grease for a couple bucks and it's perfect. Also it might be good to get some medium loctite and some white lightning chain lube.

|