what hubs would be best for me?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2013 7:23 AM

Money doesn't really matter, neither does how loud the hub is.
Out of these 4 hubs which would be the best for me. (don't tell me about any other hub I don't care.)

-Colony wasp hub
-Profile Mini Hub
-Profile Totem Hub
-Profile Elite hub

I don't run pegs or go backwards alot, i ride park box jumps and trails and i like to go fast i pedal everywhere in the summer.
Weight is not a big deal, but i like the really fast engagement of the elite and wasp, although the elite has more points of engagement.

(i already have a wasp wheel set, and one profile mini wheel i got when i sold my old primo wheels)

|

BIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKESBIKES

12/25/2013 7:29 AM

i'd get mini's

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/25/2013 7:55 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

i'd get mini's

why though. I want reasons.

|

12/25/2013 7:56 AM

Totem's are supposedly improved Mini's, so i might look at those. I'd definatly get Profile over Colony.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/25/2013 8:01 AM

^^^^

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/25/2013 8:33 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Totem's are supposedly improved Mini's, so i might look at those. I'd definatly get Profile over Colony.

so totems are pretty good? doesnt seem like they are to much better than minis.

|

12/25/2013 8:39 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

tannerbaker wrote:

so totems are pretty good? doesnt seem like they are to much better than minis.

I think they just slimmed them down and a few things. Not sure. Minis are good, Totems are probably decent, Elites are rad. Get whatever.

|

12/25/2013 8:42 AM

Fuck Profile

|

12/25/2013 8:58 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Fuck Profile

x10000

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/25/2013 9:03 AM

Ehh if you want out of those four, get the Minis. I think they look the best and will do well for what you want them for! Everyone that uses them for what you want loves them! Iwould purchase a few extra springs for them when you buy them because pedaling around a lot can be hard on it. Good luck man!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/25/2013 9:36 AM

Get the elites if you don't run pegs ......silly fools bashing profile

|

12/25/2013 10:08 AM

If you ever plan to run pegs, Profile minis. If you ride at rays alot and i get the drift you do, then grab some elites!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/25/2013 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 10:27 AM

Just curious, why dont you want anything other than profile? Profile are good but..
Cult Match/OG Mix/Eclat/Shadow Raptor uses the same bearings, same driver design, improved pawls and springs, and improved axle for nearly half the price, and you will always have the ability to run pegs smoothly with them (minis are peg friendly but have a bad reputation when it comes down to it). If you really want to spend $200 on the rear hub alone, why not go for a Gsport Ratchet or Tree v3 which are atleast innovative and proven to be better? Or even a Shadow BTR.
I know you said dont put any other hubs into the mix, but seriously, you can get the same, if not better, for way cheaper. Im only trying to help you out and save you money. Sorry!
Out of your options id get the colony wasp just because profile doesn't have the best reputation and its cheaper.

Also, you said you dont grind or go backwards, so the wasp gives you that near instant engagement that will be handy for flowing around, and the shemale axle (3/8s bolts) wont get harmed from grinding. And its pretty cheap. I really like them. Not a fan too much of colony, but they did well on these hubs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/25/2013 10:32 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Just curious, why dont you want anything other than profile? Profile are good but..
Cult Match/OG Mix/Eclat/Shadow Raptor uses ...more

I've had a remix before I liked it but it just wasn't right for me. And I've seriously just never liked the shadow or gsport hubs profile has always been something I liked, not sure why but it just seems like a lot of the older dudes that race and ride rays always have profiles so it seems like those are the best.

|

12/25/2013 10:40 AM

Rays is profile capital of the world!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/25/2013 10:43 AM

tannerbaker wrote:

I've had a remix before I liked it but it just wasn't right for me. And I've seriously just never liked the shadow or gsport ...more

The Remix uses smaller bearings and is fairly flawed.
You would actually probably enjoy a Cult Match ovet a profile imo. Its basically the same, internally. The bearings are NEAR identical. Profile uses 6903 Match uses 6902. Strength wise and smoothness, theres really no difference. Same 4xpawl 4xspring driver design, improved but basically the same axle, etc. Only difference is it has higher flanges, which proves to make a stiffer wheel. And at the price you could get one, you can get a front hub aswell and STILL spend less than the profile rear hub alone.

The Profiles DO have a good reputation when it comes to park/trails and really flowy riding, with the exception of their pawl springs SUCK (they can be replaced by Primo springs though, way better.) However when it comes to street, your asking for trouble.
I dont see why not get an IMPROVED version of the hub for half the cost, that even though you dont ride street, is proven to hold up to what the profile doesnt hold up to (street).

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

12/25/2013 11:26 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

The Remix uses smaller bearings and is fairly flawed.
You would actually probably enjoy a Cult Match ovet a profile imo. Its ...more

Since I already have the rear profile mini and I want some profile wheels I'm gonna build the front wheel to match the rear one I got instead of selling it. Thanks guys!

|

12/25/2013 11:27 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Rays is profile capital of the world!

You know it dude

|

12/25/2013 11:37 AM

My mini handles pegs fine and I'm pretty sure those above mentioned hubs do not have the same system as the elites

|

12/25/2013 11:44 AM

eskimojay wrote:

My mini handles pegs fine and I'm pretty sure those above mentioned hubs do not have the same system as the elites

Not referring to elites. Minis and totems.

For elites...
Eclat Dynamic and Premium Stinger

|

12/25/2013 12:13 PM

Park rat hubs.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/25/2013 12:17 PM

Groms talking smack on park riders .....ridiculous

|

12/25/2013 3:52 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Park rat hubs.

Do duh.

|

12/25/2013 3:54 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Park rat hubs.

Dud adam22 told me tht i hav 2 run 4 pegz and street if i wnt 2 hav $wag park iz so gay bitch

|

12/25/2013 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 3:56 PM

eskimojay wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Not referring to elites. Minis and totems.

For elites...
Eclat Dynamic and Premium Stinger

The wasp is a lot closer to the elite than the stinger and dynamic 2/3 driver bearings are the same has the old pawl desgin and I'm pretty sure the same hub bearings

Photo

Shout out to whoevers instagram this is.

|

12/25/2013 8:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2013 8:48 PM

dont get the wasp...
3 kids in my town blew the bearings in under 2 weeks

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/25/2013 9:19 PM

Elites and wasps are more of a racing design for riding.......wich is perfect if you don't run pegs flow and like amplitude and speed

|

12/25/2013 9:55 PM

Get elites ! Instant engagement , just buy them and you'll be fine !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/26/2013 4:05 AM

I'd definately get Totems, because they look cleaner than Minis and aren't as fucking annoying as the Wasp and the Elite, because of their sound.

|

12/26/2013 5:46 AM

I loved my minis when I had them. They were a solid wheelset. Rolled smooth, lasted a while before I sold em.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura