what inspired you to BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2013 10:41 PM

i was inspired by that Rudimental song called waiting all night. the film clip inspired me heaps

|

9/19/2013 10:54 PM

my ex-ex boyfriend was a bmx rider. he could tuck no hander off of 8 foot drops. very inspiring.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

9/19/2013 10:57 PM

are you a girl?

|

9/19/2013 11:01 PM

yeah baby wrote:

are you a girl?

hes a faggot troll

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/19/2013 11:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2013 11:02 PM

why did you say that for? is he an actual faggot troll

|

9/19/2013 11:04 PM

yeah baby wrote:

no. don't listen to feeble. and no, i'm not a girl. I am a homosexual man.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

9/19/2013 11:13 PM

I saw a Native BMX custom seat and then saw all the photos on their website which mostly inspired me, and BMX Bandits.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

9/19/2013 11:51 PM

yeah baby wrote:

crazyclark wrote:

no. don't listen to feeble. and no, i'm not a girl. I am a homosexual man.

are you serious? or are you joking honestly WTF

|

9/20/2013 4:48 AM

He's gay. Get over it.

Other bmxers inspired me through bmx magazines. Back in the day we didn't have the internet, so you waited for the latest issue to come out. And when Mountain Dew did a commercial featuring bmx you flipped out yelling your head off as you ran to your bike to go ride.

|

9/20/2013 6:41 AM

i lurk in forums like this and see all the intelligent threads made by bmx riders..

i realized that i need to start riding bmx so i could hangout with smart people like you.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/20/2013 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2013 7:41 AM

Watching kids around my neighborhood ride and mutinys '08 web video
Edit: here's the link to the video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqu2YG6rLMQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dyqu2YG6rLMQ

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/20/2013 7:47 AM

Matt Hofmann

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/20/2013 8:16 AM

Crazy clark.. I'm glad I could inspire you

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

9/20/2013 8:43 AM

I always liked jumping bikes......then watching x games, Mat Hoffman, and Dave mirra

|

9/20/2013 8:45 AM

Fondue wrote:

He's gay. Get over it.

Other bmxers inspired me through bmx magazines. Back in the day we didn't have the internet, so you waited for the latest issue to come out. And when Mountain Dew did a commercial featuring bmx you flipped out yelling your head off as you ran to your bike to go ride.

This. And here in my area, BMX magazines were hardly in any stores back then, so I didn't know they existed. Would have been nice to read about riding when I wasn't riding due to weather.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/20/2013 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2013 5:16 PM

Fondue wrote:

He's gay. Get over it.

Chuck8273 wrote:

This. And here in my area, BMX magazines were hardly in any stores back then, so I didn't know they existed. Would have been nice to read about riding when I wasn't riding due to weather.

Yup. I just happened to be in a small bookstore because my mom wanted to get a romance novel when I found them. Kroger didn't have them, so this off-the-beaten-path shop was it as far as I knew.

Then RAD! happened...

|

9/20/2013 9:38 AM

theres no more inspiring than watching jam or sessions' highlight video clip. especially in the flatland

|

9/20/2013 11:11 AM

one try kid wrote:

i lurk in forums like this and see all the intelligent threads made by bmx riders..

i realized that i need to start riding bmx so i could hangout with smart people like you.

Otk inspired me to ride bmx. Without him I would quit, sell my bike and ride a scooter.

|

9/20/2013 11:45 AM

Fondue wrote:

Yup. I just happened to be in a small bookstore because my mom wanted to get a romance novel when I found them. Kroger didn't have them, so this off-the-beaten-path shop was it as far as I knew.

Then RAD! happened...

RAD for sure. My brother and I would watch it everyday and get psyched to ride. Funny thing was that our favorite parts were the intro and outro of the movie with all the freestyle stuff...CLASSIC!!!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

9/20/2013 11:47 AM

yeah baby wrote:

yes he is

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/20/2013 3:46 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

Crazy clark.. I'm glad I could inspire you

Chrisaustin is back!

|

9/20/2013 3:49 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Otk inspired me to ride bmx. Without him I would quit, sell my bike and ride a scooter.

Booby inspired me to be scene. Without you, i would be listening to Beiber.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

9/20/2013 3:52 PM

one try kid wrote:

Booby inspired me to be scene. Without you, i would be listening to Beiber.

Prolurk OTK with 2 posts in a 24 hour period? HOLY SHIT!!!!! OTK actually posting instead of lurking is what inspires me to ride.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/20/2013 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2013 6:04 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Watching kids around my neighborhood ride and mutinys '08 web video
Edit: here's the link to the video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yqu2YG6rLMQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dyqu2YG6rLMQ

thats one of the first bmx edits i seen when i started out that got me hooked i first got exposed to it when seeing my friend and people at my local skatepark ride

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

9/20/2013 6:05 PM

Loving the feeling of riding a bike and seeing other kids do tricks and shit made me wanna start.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/20/2013 6:39 PM

Fondue wrote:

Then RAD! happened...

As much as I hate admitting it, I didn't watch RAD! back then. Friends told me I should watch it, but I was always too busy riding and whatever else I did back in those days.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/20/2013 6:50 PM

It's on youtube.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

9/20/2013 6:54 PM

bloghogs wrote:

It's on youtube.

That's where I first saw it actually I've only seen it once haha.

|

My Fit

9/20/2013 7:04 PM

I saw all sorts of stuff about it. Actually, trial biking inspired me. and Mountain biking. When i bought my first bike all i saw was trial biking videos and i automatically started trying weird trial biking things haha like i did those tail tap things they do and riding off stuff then realized oh crap this is BMX and focused on that then met my friend and he inspired me to get a better bike so i could do stuff easier and then i did it. I love it. I hope i inspire a lot of people to ride, it really feels good when i get a kid off his ass and riding a BMX bike.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/20/2013 7:12 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I saw all sorts of stuff about it. Actually, trial biking inspired me. and Mountain biking. When i bought my first bike all i saw was trial biking videos and i automatically started trying weird trial biking things haha like i did those tail tap things they do and riding off stuff then realized oh crap this is BMX and focused on that then met my friend and he inspired me to get a better bike so i could do stuff easier and then i did it. I love it. I hope i inspire a lot of people to ride, it really feels good when i get a kid off his ass and riding a BMX bike.

Yeah dude my friend used to ride bmx then turned into a fag for a while and rode scooters and fixes, but now he bought a bmx bike and started riding with me and my friends and its pretty cool.

|

My Fit