what stem should i get

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2008 10:16 AM

im thinkin bout the kink relief is it good either that or the demo f-1 i cant decide. help me out what do you recomend

|

ride hard or ride home.

5/21/2008 10:24 AM

i just got the khe minimalism stem for street. its like 7.4oz and is supposidly really tight.

and if your worried about the 48mm reach dont even trip, i know people rocking the animal jump off which is the same size and they say its really legit.

im actualy still waiting for this thing to come in the mail so ill tell you how it is when i know first hand.

but ive only heard good things

|

5/21/2008 10:25 AM

anybody heard bad things about the kink releif?

|

your skill level is not defined by the price of your bike

stop hating on everyone all the time, just go ride

[RVABMX]

5/21/2008 10:28 AM

the only question i have about the relief is that it doesnt have pinch bolts does it hold the steerer tube solid enough thats all im worried about

|

ride hard or ride home.

5/21/2008 10:31 AM

I dont know all i know is that I am running a Profile Acuostic Stem and it is wonderful! When i go to do a trick my knee never hits the stem! I would go with the profile bro!

|

5/21/2008 10:36 AM

Does it rely on the compresion bolt to stay on or does it have a mechanism like the ody elementary stem where you tighten one bolt and it tightens both sides? i wanna figure this out its frustrating not knowing how it works

|

ride hard or ride home.

5/21/2008 10:43 AM

o ok but does it work? like is it effective or no?

|

ride hard or ride home.

5/21/2008 11:15 AM

thomson elite mtb stem. six compression bolts for bars. best stem ever. worth 65 dollars. only 5.6 oz.s. lightest and strongest out.

|

so one time.

5/21/2008 11:18 AM

compression bolts have nothing to do with stem tightness. they help compress the headset so nothing is lose, once the stem is tightened you can loose the compression bolt (to save weight or whatever) it is only an installation tool.

also, flatlanders have been using stems that have no pinch bolts for years and it holds just as tight!

Kink makes some badass stuff. however - I'd suggest the Season LeMerk! 35mm offset is awesome! I know it is considered a flatland length, but trust me you'll like it!

|

5/21/2008 11:18 AM

shadow

|

5/21/2008 11:36 AM

steveLAPS wrote:

compression bolts have nothing to do with stem tightness. they help compress the headset so nothing is lose, once the stem is tightened you can loose the compression bolt (to save weight or whatever) it is only an installation tool.

also, flatlanders have been using stems that have no pinch bolts for years and it holds just as tight!

Kink makes some badass stuff. however - I'd suggest the Season LeMerk! 35mm offset is awesome! I know it is considered a flatland length, but trust me you'll like it!

thanks most helpful reply to any topic i've started. the lemerk is a tad too small for me now that i know the kink will hold im gonna get it thanks man

|

ride hard or ride home.