what to do

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2014 2:05 PM

hey guys i currently live in northern ireland uk in a small town called lisburn and the council have just shut another riding spot down in a small town like this theres not much and no skatepark for atleast a 2 hr drive more and more spots are being demolished flattened or more security guards on patrol our council looks at the sport as a phase and would rather supress the sport than try to help us or atleast understand we only want to ride our bikes and bmx around these parts are rarely known of many people have tried petitioning for a park but the council see it as a lost cause and trails are out of the question as it rains pretty much everyday of the week and if it doesnt its too wet and grimy to do anything. i find myself becoming bored of riding the same spots and venturing to spots to last 5 minutes before we get police pulled on us.we previously had 2 ghetto warhouses we build stuff in but that didny last any more than a few months. i dont want to sound bitchy because im gratefull i can ride my bike just any suggestions towards this would be greatly appreciated
thanks

|

2/26/2014 2:13 PM

Keep petetioning and do fundraisers to raise money for a park and eventually they might take your crew serious it took my crew 16 years to finally get our park

|

2/26/2014 2:15 PM

WOW, that really sucks. I don't know why they would do something like that.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/26/2014 2:17 PM

You could start a whiskey brewing company to make money there's plenty of demand for good Irish whiskey

|

2/26/2014 2:24 PM

eskimojay wrote:

You could start a whiskey brewing company to make money there's plenty of demand for good Irish whiskey

I like this idea, either that or keep bugging then eventually they'll give in

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/26/2014 2:26 PM

there was fundraising that went on in 2007-2010 for a urban sports charity but the council blew the 50k grant on seeing how skateparks affected youth and because of the high drug and alcohol offenses in and around skateparks they didnt follow through with a park and completely went off the idea

|

2/26/2014 2:27 PM

eskimojay wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I like this idea, either that or keep bugging then eventually they'll give in

haha good idea indeed if only it were that easy

|

2/26/2014 2:34 PM

That sucks man! The same thing happens to me, excepto that there has never been any nice spot here. Not even a ledge

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/26/2014 2:39 PM

T-rider wrote:

That sucks man! The same thing happens to me, excepto that there has never been any nice spot here. Not even a ledge

yeah dude annoys me even more when you see half a dozen football pitches yet they wont even so much as build a riding spot

|

2/26/2014 5:04 PM

Ever consider trails? I'm sure there's woods you could dig in. Get a group of riders together, find a spot, and just start digging. Or find an abandoned area and build a DIY spot/park.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/26/2014 6:07 PM

No excuse for not building trails over here in the uk, there are some fucking epic trails that run for 6months of the year just fine in spring & summer, Proper drainage is needed tho.

Ya dig!?!

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12