what would you do

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2008 7:11 PM

Well student aid is coming next week...which means..new bike. Im having a tuff time figuring out what to do though.

I could buy a Fit Series 3 for 200 bucks from my friend, but a new back wheel, new cranks/bb. Redline Monster fork (from friend) and finish it with parts i have.

Or

Kink transition, 2 hip soul, premium solo, fbm marauder. Basicly a stock bike around 400-500 bucks. What would be the better choice.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 7:14 PM

fbm is nice... get the brakeless one its the best

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

8/13/2008 7:16 PM

any kinks you can afford
and any of the fbms you can afford

2hips suck ass

i dont know about the premium

|

8/13/2008 7:18 PM

CALE wrote:

fbm is nice... get the brakeless one its the best

yes get the fbm but brakeless is not the smartest choice its just a stupid trend

get the maurader WITH the brakes and u can have the option of takeing them off or putting em back on

|

i like.... stuff

8/13/2008 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:02 PM

ya im kinda wanting brakes again, i havent used them in 10 years, of course i havent rode in like 3 years before starting again a month or so ago. Im really thinking about the fit s3...but idk yet. If i buy the fit for 200 with headset, my friend is buyin an s&m ltf. Ive always wanted a fit.....

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 7:32 PM

you could but your friends fit

i bought a fit am, i know everyone doest like it but i love it

|

8/13/2008 7:33 PM

CALE wrote:

fbm is nice... get the brakeless one its the best

y break less 1 weighs a pound more den 1 with brakes juss get the one with brakes n take em off

|

8/13/2008 7:34 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

ya im kinda wanting brakes again, i havent used them in 10 years, of course i havent rode in like 3 years before starting again a month or so ago. Im really thinking about the fit s3...but idk yet. If i buy the fit for 200 with headset, my friend is buyin an s&m ltf. Ive always wanted a fit.....

ya but having a nice frame with shitty parts means nothing

save up for the fbm complete and save up a little more and u could but the s3 frame on it and ud have a sweet ass bike!!!

|

i like.... stuff

8/13/2008 7:38 PM

well im goin to buy a nice back wheel for it as both the ones i have are fucked. probly the flow cranks, and i will upgrade forks to the ody dirt ones. and just run a alex mx22 rim up front. it would be decent.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 7:39 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

well im goin to buy a nice back wheel for it as both the ones i have are fucked. probly the flow cranks, and i will upgrade forks to the ody dirt ones. and just run a alex mx22 rim up front. it would be decent.

alright man

the decision is up to u

do what U want thats whats important

|

i like.... stuff

8/13/2008 7:39 PM

get a kink and leave it at that..

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/13/2008 7:40 PM

f1t rider wrote:

you could but your friends fit

i bought a fit am, i know everyone doest like it but i love it

hell yeah fit am's i love mine also

|

"If your not falling...then your not trying"
"Streets is Callin'"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

8/13/2008 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2008 7:41 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

well im goin to buy a nice back wheel for it as both the ones i have are fucked. probly the flow cranks, and i will upgrade forks to the ody dirt ones. and just run a alex mx22 rim up front. it would be decent.

Satanismycopilot wrote:

alright man

the decision is up to u

do what U want thats whats important

ya i dont really know what to do as it used to be build a custom bike as stock ones suck..now stock ones are gettin better lol. the fit s3 has a press fit mid bb? wtf does that mean..i know what a mid bb is..but what does the press fit mean.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 7:42 PM

f1t rider wrote:

you could but your friends fit

i bought a fit am, i know everyone doest like it but i love it

SteveAM wrote:

hell yeah fit am's i love mine also

the fit am is strong and parts are good for a stock bike but i got my frame weighed n its 7.9lbs

|

8/13/2008 7:43 PM

f1t rider wrote:

you could but your friends fit

i bought a fit am, i know everyone doest like it but i love it

SteveAM wrote:

hell yeah fit am's i love mine also

AM guys gotta stick together

|

8/13/2008 10:18 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

well im goin to buy a nice back wheel for it as both the ones i have are fucked. probly the flow cranks, and i will upgrade forks to the ody dirt ones. and just run a alex mx22 rim up front. it would be decent.

I have had an MX 22 rim up front for literally 5 years, and its never needed truing of any kind. I did however need to change the tire once in a while. (Not because of the rim, old worn out tires or the rare front wheel flat.)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/13/2008 10:24 PM

ya the mx 22's are the strongest rims ive ever owned..which dont say much haha. ive never had a problem with them. I think im goin to get the alex elite wheel off of dans for the rear.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 10:26 PM

if u have nice parts get the fit and ditch those shitty monster forks

|

i done did got a federal now

8/13/2008 10:31 PM

kinkroc08 wrote:

if u have nice parts get the fit and ditch those shitty monster forks

lol im goin to put together a shit bike to ride to work and school. i will try the monsters and if i dont like them i save for the ody dirk forks. but as far as parts wise, i got some decent bars, new pedals, a good enuf front wheel, a stem, and seat/seatpost. i think i will be fine.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 10:31 PM

i had a fit am about 2 months ago now go check my set up =)

|

kylemcelligott.com

8/13/2008 10:34 PM

Kink transition

|

<insert signature here>

8/13/2008 10:35 PM

KyleGunz wrote:

i had a fit am about 2 months ago now go check my set up =)

shit way nicer than mine haha

|

i done did got a federal now

8/13/2008 10:36 PM

KyleGunz wrote:

i had a fit am about 2 months ago now go check my set up =)

kinkroc08 wrote:

shit way nicer than mine haha

lol im just building it up peice by piece

|

kylemcelligott.com

8/13/2008 10:37 PM

nice kyle, ya this Series 3 is raw...i might paint it olive drab or keep it raw..also ill be runnin a 25/9 setup...with a high seat! haha

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 10:38 PM

also..i grind on my right side..is there any protecter type deal i can get to dont kill the cog?

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:03 PM

i think the fit will be gnarly if you put some money into it

then again the fbm is gnarly too

but also if you that the 3-400 dollars you save since its only 300 for the fit and put it into new parts you will have such a good bike so i would do that

|

I Found The Lost Dutchman

8/13/2008 10:44 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

nice kyle, ya this Series 3 is raw...i might paint it olive drab or keep it raw..also ill be runnin a 25/9 setup...with a high seat! haha

keep it raaw and put nice stuff on it

|

i done did got a federal now

8/13/2008 10:45 PM

blacklabel12391 wrote:

i think the fit will be gnarly if you put some money into it

then again the fbm is gnarly too

but also if you that the 3-400 dollars you save since its only 300 for the fit and put it into new parts you will have such a good bike so i would do that

ya, im not no badass rider..but im gettin a deal on this frame. but since ive been riding with the guy that im buyin the frame from..ive gotten better even though weve rode twice...i did a 180 on a bank, and actually did the full 180..one foot down though..and im goin to get brakes..its a small park and i cant ride half the time becouse all the lil kids running around, so i just chill and talk with the skaters till it dies down a bit..but when i get some breaks i will feel safer when riding with all those lil fuckers out there.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

8/13/2008 10:45 PM

nirvestreetrider wrote:

also..i grind on my right side..is there any protecter type deal i can get to dont kill the cog?

hub guards?

|

<insert signature here>

8/13/2008 10:46 PM

they all say they are for the non-drive side.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.