whats a good lightweight bike? around 20 lbs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2013 1:14 PM

hey so i have a 2011 redline random iv been riding for 2 years and i still cant even hop a curb i think id be able to learn shit easier if i had a super lightweight bike. is it easier to learn on a light one? what are some good ones, fitbike?

|

9/7/2013 1:17 PM

Ropes around your neck work well, hop a fuck load of curbs then.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

9/7/2013 1:19 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Ropes around your neck work well, hop a fuck load of curbs then.

U FAIL

|

9/7/2013 1:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2013 1:49 PM

If you can't hop a curb after two years, you should try scootering. I hear they've invented some super light scooters.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/7/2013 1:25 PM

You´re a troll, right?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

9/7/2013 1:28 PM

You would have to spend a crap load of money to even get close to 20 pound I'm talking like 2 grand. If you can't hop up a curb on your bike I think you just need to practice. Took me a 2 months when I was first learning before I could hop up a curb with my old bike. That Redline you said doesn't look like a bad bike its better than the one I started with.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/7/2013 1:28 PM

T-rider wrote:

Youre a troll, right?

Lol i didnt even think about that

|

My Fit

9/7/2013 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2013 1:47 PM

no im a girl. you sir are a chode licker. Its too heavy.. alotta the people i see at the skatepark have way smaller bikes i think mines too heavy. i dont have huge muscular arms

|

9/7/2013 1:50 PM

Troll alert

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/7/2013 1:51 PM

T-rider wrote:

Youre a troll, right?

no im a hot chick that likes bmx wink

|

9/7/2013 1:52 PM

you guys are fags, your in middle school right?

|

9/7/2013 1:59 PM

Don't pull the "I'm a girl" card here, that shit doesn't work here.

Everyonein BMX is an equal, race/gender doesn't matter.

Honestly, if you can't hop up a curb after 2 years you should quit.

or you could hit the gym and build muscle.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/7/2013 2:01 PM

Idk if its a troll but if its not then all I have to say is put all your strength into the bike you have and eventually you will get it.

|

My Fit

9/7/2013 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2013 5:08 PM

.bike weight doesn't help with skill

|

9/7/2013 5:03 PM

look, dude/ dudette, watch some hop tutorials. practice that pull up motion. try hopping up them while riding parallel to the curb. then after you feel comfortable with em, try hopping up them while riding straight up to it.

i assume you can at least pull your front wheel up and onto the curb? if so then you are already pulling up high enough and need to work on the actual hop part that allows you to lift your back end up. u can practice by going super slow getting your front wheel on and then pushing forward on the bars and at the same time sucking your feet up. then once you got those put it all together.

good luck and if you feel inclined post a vid and we can see exactly what you are doing wrong and help u correct it.

|

9/7/2013 5:15 PM

Photo
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

9/7/2013 5:35 PM

Troll or not, you're an idiot. If you are serious, you need to stop being such a weight weenie. If you're trolling, is your life really this bad that you have to go on the internet and troll people?

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/7/2013 6:02 PM

If moneys not an issue id say go custom because unless you buy a race bike, your looking at around 23-25lbs for the weight of almost any complete bike on the market. for a custom it should range between 1000-2000 depending on the parts you get. i have a custom sunday funday that weight in at around 22 pounds and it'll be lighter when i get alienation deviant rims and tioga powerblock tires.

for specs, these would be more or less the lightest and nicest imo
Sunday funday frame
macneil cks fork
mutiny glamroids bars
Odyssey linclon stem
kink ti ceramic headset
fsa pc spacers
stolen team cranks with a ti spindle and blue 6 bolts
khe pc bb bushings
odyssey mds sprocket
kmc kool chain
animal nigel Sylvester seat with a ti blue 6 bolt
stolen sic wedge post and cut the seat clamp area off the frame
cult waffle grips
odyssey parends
alienation deviant or gspot birdcage rims
profile elite hubs with ti everything
ti triple butted spokes
khe mac park or tioga powerblock s spec tires
stolen thermalite pegs

|

9/7/2013 8:49 PM

chelsf123 wrote:

no im a girl. you sir are a chode licker. Its too heavy.. alotta the people i see at the skatepark have way smaller bikes i ...more

I could hop curbs on a mongoose when I was 7. when you hop, point your feet down so they grip the pedals. then hop and pull your knees up.

|

9/7/2013 9:55 PM

My bike was stock 24 pound but I've done some stuff and gotten it a bit beefier and stronger so it's around 25-26 pound but 24 is enough.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

9/7/2013 10:06 PM

Watch some how to bunny hop tutorials. They will teach you the method. I started riding in the mid-late 90's when bikes where heavy and no one understood good geometry

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

9/7/2013 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2013 10:31 PM

Photo

This is what I learned how to bunny hop on and I jumped of a 6 step with this too haha. I think it weighed like 30 pounds and every once in a while when I'd jump off a curb you could hear the ball bearings in the bb fall out of the bearing cage and roll around haha.
|

My Fit