whats the best forks

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2015 5:07 PM

Ok so I'm starting to get back into biking and I want to start rebuilding my old bike (2009 eastern ramrodder) with new parts little by little. Right now the part I need to replace first are my forks. If you couldn't tell by the year of my bike I've been out of the game for quite some time so I'm not up to date on the current market. If you could give me some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

|

Tgmarmon1992

4/19/2015 5:14 PM

Odyssey R Series or Sunday Octave. Anything other than that isn't as good but will still be fine usually.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/19/2015 5:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Odyssey R Series or Sunday Octave. Anything other than that isn't as good but will still be fine usually.

3hype5me, git sumting uthur den odissy forx.

Seriously though, Odyssey or Sunday forks /thread.

|

4/19/2015 6:06 PM

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

4/19/2015 6:31 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Last I checked weren't odesy and Sunday bassically the same thing? But any ways I'll definitely check those out, thanks

|

Tgmarmon1992

4/19/2015 6:37 PM

tgmarmon1992Ilovebmx1 wrote:

Last I checked weren't odesy and Sunday bassically the same thing? But any ways I'll definitely check those out, thanks

Basically. They're sister brands so both their forks use 41 thermal heat treating and look very similar.

The Odysseys come in 2 different offsets though, 25mm & 32mm. The Sundays only come in 32mm. I don't know enough about nor care much about offset to give you an educated description of what offset is or does but several people on here do though.

|

4/20/2015 2:56 AM

I love these kinds of threads!!!

Cult IC Sect forks because their team is street as fuck...
Cult has been stepping up their game...

It comes in flat black, so you know it's street as fuck...

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

4/20/2015 7:48 AM

Odyssey also have a killer warranty . Look out for that

|

4/20/2015 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2015 7:49 AM

Shadow inceptive no welds, strong af

|

Rails not Trails

4/20/2015 8:18 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Basically. They're sister brands so both their forks use 41 thermal heat treating and look very similar.

The Odysseys come in 2 different offsets though, 25mm & 32mm. The Sundays only come in 32mm. I don't know enough about nor care much about offset to give you an educated description of what offset is or does but several people on here do though.

Small numbers = steeper = potentially twitchy front end and easier popping into nose tricks.

Larger number = more relaxed front end, not quite as easy to get into nose stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2015 11:41 AM

RapandBMX wrote:

Shadow inceptive no welds, strong af

"no welds"

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/20/2015 2:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2015 5:26 PM

S&m fast pitch forks I love
Mine

|

4/20/2015 2:51 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

lower offset basically just brings your front wheel closer to your back wheel, aswel as making it more centre with your steerer tube.
to my knowledge anyways

|

4/20/2015 5:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

If you check, the Odysseys are like an ounce or two lighter because the dropouts are a little different and the topcap has more machining

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/20/2015 5:46 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

If you check, the Odysseys are like an ounce or two lighter because the dropouts are a little different and the topcap has more machining

Well yeah but that's very very miniscule so I didn't bother bringing that up. I prefer Sunday forks just cause I've ridden Sunday forks since 2007.

|

4/20/2015 6:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well yeah but that's very very miniscule so I didn't bother bringing that up. I prefer Sunday forks just cause I've ridden Sunday forks since 2007.

I have ridden mine for forever too. I have tried other forks and they don't feel right in comparison.

I do want some R25s because i really like how they feel.

|

4/20/2015 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2015 9:29 PM

Odyssey makes good stuff. If a BMX company is willing to put a lifetime warranty on their shit, they know what they're doing. I've been happy with my Éclat Stream forks. They're a nice 33mm offset, which I do care about. I like classic geometry. They have invest cast dropouts, which I was skeptical with at first, but have come to love. IC forks still have welds, they're just not where forks are normally welded on the dropout. Post-weld heat treatment, which is always a plus. They are a little heavier than some other forks out there, but if you're riding a bike from 2009, you're not a weight weenie. I just bought a new set of Streams to go with my custom FBM, after just over 2 years of running the same pair, 'cause I have a fear of forks snapping. Happened once to me, never want it to happen again. I'm not as harsh of a rider as I once was, I still like big shit, though. Do some research, look up products on company sites. Compare, look up the technology they use, where it's made (if that's important to you), email them if you have questions. I do it all the time and it's cool talking to the people who make the stuff you ride. I'm super picky about what I ride, which I truly believe everyone should be. You're putting faith in a product, have pride in your ride. Hope you find something you like.

|

Check my bikecheck
Eat shit or die tryin', yo!

4/21/2015 7:18 AM

WaldoBMX wrote:

Odyssey makes good stuff. If a BMX company is willing to put a lifetime warranty on their shit, they know what they're doing. I've been happy with my Éclat Stream forks. They're a nice 33mm offset, which I do care about. I like classic geometry. They have invest cast dropouts, which I was skeptical with at first, but have come to love. IC forks still have welds, they're just not where forks are normally welded on the dropout. Post-weld heat treatment, which is always a plus. They are a little heavier than some other forks out there, but if you're riding a bike from 2009, you're not a weight weenie. I just bought a new set of Streams to go with my custom FBM, after just over 2 years of running the same pair, 'cause I have a fear of forks snapping. Happened once to me, never want it to happen again. I'm not as harsh of a rider as I once was, I still like big shit, though. Do some research, look up products on company sites. Compare, look up the technology they use, where it's made (if that's important to you), email them if you have questions. I do it all the time and it's cool talking to the people who make the stuff you ride. I'm super picky about what I ride, which I truly believe everyone should be. You're putting faith in a product, have pride in your ride. Hope you find something you like.

Im actually looking to lighten my bike up quite a bit which is part of why I'm replacing a lot of parts on the bike. I'm only in my early 20s but after 15 or so years of various "extreme sports" and taking a lot of brutal face plants and crashes then taking about a year or more break from any activity like it my joints and muscles just can't handle that same abuse. So the less weight while still being strong the better. but I'll definitely look into them but I'm more than likely going to end up with the odyssey forks mostly because of the warranty and the factor that I've never really heard of any thing bad from the company on any of their parts

|

Tgmarmon1992

4/21/2015 5:23 PM

Fit Fk's, Cult IC's, Eclat Streams, & Shadow Inceptive are good forks too. DEPENDING in the offset u prefer. I run the Fit Fk 1.0 and they r solid

|