whats the deal with the 24"

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2009 5:55 PM

Seems most company are putting out a 24" park/street style frame they seem pretty awesome. but are the 24" rims getting any better with stiffness? seems like they would flex and bend a lot. wouldn't mind having a 24" my self just cause it'd e fun on trails and street.

|

9/29/2009 8:06 PM

I think they are just making cruisers. I think they see a market with stuff like fixies or people that need something to commute on but also want to be able to have the feel of their bmx bike.

|

9/29/2009 9:11 PM

plus bigger wheels are just fun sometimes. they go a lot faster and the bike feels a bit different. i have a 26" dirt jump mtb that I ride on trails a fair bit, even some street when I feel like it. I find it way harder to manual w/ huge wheels though, haha.

|

9/30/2009 12:52 AM

GorillaTactics wrote:

plus bigger wheels are just fun sometimes. they go a lot faster and the bike feels a bit different. i have a 26" dirt jump mtb that I ride on trails a fair bit, even some street when I feel like it. I find it way harder to manual w/ huge wheels though, haha.

Yea man I really want to get a dj mtb.

|

9/30/2009 6:58 AM

yeah considering that mountain bikes with 26 inch rims can drop off of 30 ft drops no problem id say that 24 inch rims with never be sturdy

|

9/30/2009 7:51 AM

kylea1 wrote:

yeah considering that mountain bikes with 26 inch rims can drop off of 30 ft drops no problem id say that 24 inch rims with never be sturdy

well, the mtb's doing 30 foot drops usually have around 8 inches of suspension front and rear to cushion the landing for both the rider and the bike.

smaller wheels are definitely stronger, it's just a matter of physics. however, rims are still strong enough these days to not taco if you want to ride hard on a bigger rim on a bike with no suspension (as long as you ride relatively smooth).

|

9/30/2009 7:53 AM

GorillaTactics wrote:

plus bigger wheels are just fun sometimes. they go a lot faster and the bike feels a bit different. i have a 26" dirt jump mtb that I ride on trails a fair bit, even some street when I feel like it. I find it way harder to manual w/ huge wheels though, haha.

iismatthew wrote:

Yea man I really want to get a dj mtb.

check out the Atomlab Trailking or Black Market MOB. They both have shorter rear ends and feel more BMX-y than a lot of 26" DJ frames out there.

|

9/30/2009 8:02 AM

odyssey make some 24" hazard lites

im sure there strong

|

9/30/2009 8:12 AM

I wish I could have one of each bike sad

I just love two wheels!!

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

9/30/2009 8:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2015 12:06 PM

.

|