wheel lacing check!!! important

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2014 3:58 PM

gere are some photos can you tell me if this is right i followed all the steps and just wanted to check to see if it was right first time lacerPhoto

|

1/19/2014 4:00 PM

Photo
|

1/19/2014 4:05 PM

if u need better pic i can take a closer one

|

1/19/2014 4:15 PM

I think the pattern is right, but the spokes cross over the valve hole. That will get annoying to pump you tubes with it like that.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/19/2014 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2014 6:08 PM

damn

|

1/19/2014 6:06 PM

how come one side is crossed different i think i fuckd up

|

1/19/2014 7:06 PM

It looks okay, but i would try to tighten all the spokes down. And the spokes cross over the valve hole. What you did was you started the spokes on the wrong side. Happened to me once, but i caught it before i laced the whole wheel.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/19/2014 7:16 PM

garrettjamesbmx wrote:

how come one side is crossed different i think i fuckd up

Everything is correct except the valve thing. You turned the wheel the wrong way, see the spoke directly to the left of the valve hole? that was turned the opposite way, turn it away from the valve. Easy fix if you did it the way I do, the way I do them is the spokes that go in from the driveside & out the non-driveside, are the opposite in your wheel. If they were like that I could tell you how to fix it easily, but it's gonna be harder. I think I can still try & make it easy though..

All the spokes that go in to the non-driveside on the non-driveside, take them out. It's gonna take some bending of the spokes, but once you tighten them up they'll straighten out. then the other side, take out all the spokes that go into the driveside. when you're done, the wheel should only have the spokes with the bendy part on the outsides.

Next, turn the wheel the other way. If your hub is RHD, just hold the top of the rim with your left hand, and with your right hand, turn the driver forward so the hub/spokes shift forward, and turn the spokes the other way. Next step is just insert a spoke the correct way, cross 3 other spokes just like you have, and tighten them up.

|

1/20/2014 7:18 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

It looks okay, but i would try to tighten all the spokes down. And the spokes cross over the valve hole. What you did was you started the spokes on the wrong side. Happened to me once, but i caught it before i laced the whole wheel.

Lucky you, I laced the whole wheel, installed it on my bike before I noticed it. And haven't fix it til now. Maybe tomorrow when I install my new cheap Front hub.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

1/20/2014 8:00 AM

Seems good to me.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/20/2014 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2014 11:44 AM

i took aprt and im gonna box valve where do i start lead spokes in the hub like which holes

|

1/20/2014 9:31 AM

Use the G-Sport wheel build guide, i know its for 48 but it literally is just the same for 36, thats how i learnt when i was 17, im 21 now and can have a wheel laced tensioned and trued in about hour and a half.

|

1/20/2014 10:04 AM

i just pay my lbs the $40 to build my wheels...haha. good work!

|

fack off

1/20/2014 10:33 AM

^^^lucky ass my lbs tries to charge damn near 100 for wheel lacing and they do a shitty job

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/20/2014 11:41 AM

im just gonna pay my bike shop to do it i keeep messing up and its only 100 for 2 wheels( i bought parts already ) and theyre
pretty good (jolleys alternative wheels)

|

1/20/2014 5:27 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

^^^lucky ass my lbs tries to charge damn near 100 for wheel lacing and they do a shitty job

too expensive. here LBS charge 300PHP($5-$10) Lacing both wheels. Sometimes free when you buy from them.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

1/20/2014 5:56 PM

For my Gsport Rollcage, if I try to lace it regularly, it will always have a crossover at the valve hole. So I have to lace it on the middle of the logo side, which most rims put the sticker or logo directly opposite from the valve hole. My fastest time was about 50 minutes for a simple rim and hub, including truing.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/20/2014 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2014 9:45 PM

GSPORT wheel building page. Shows how to box the valve and build some very awesome wheels. Just make sure you remember to cross lace if your rim requires it, because this doesn't cover that.

Edit: My lbs wanted to charge me $1.00 per spoke to purchase from them, and $1.00 per spoke to lace my wheels. $96.00 for spokes plus $96.00 for lacing, and I didn't bother to ask about truing, I just assumed it would be more than I was willing to pay. That's the biggest reason I started learning to lace my own wheels.
|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/20/2014 9:47 PM

Chuck8273 wrote: GSPORT wheel building page. Shows how to box the valve and build some very awesome wheels. Just make sure you remember to cross lace if your rim requires it, because this doesn't cover that.

Edit: My lbs wanted to charge me $1.00 per spoke to purchase from them, and $1.00 per spoke to lace my wheels. $96.00 for spokes plus $96.00 for lacing, and I didn't bother to ask about truing, I just assumed it would be more than I was willing to pay. That's the biggest reason I started learning to lace my own wheels.

This is exactly how I build my wheels. Shop owner showed me this way, much easier than how I did them before this way which was do 1 side's spokes first, then the 2nd, cause that never got the valve area right but could be fixed at least, and it was harder.

Only thing I do differently is I start on the non-driveside first, and the spokes face the other way but the results are the same. so easy too.

|

1/20/2014 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2014 9:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This is exactly how I build my wheels. Shop owner showed me this way, much easier than how I did them before this way which was do 1 side's spokes first, then the 2nd, cause that never got the valve area right but could be fixed at least, and it was harder.

Only thing I do differently is I start on the non-driveside first, and the spokes face the other way but the results are the same. so easy too.

You remember the kid who posted pics of his wheels that had broken a bunch of spokes on a hop or something little, and he had cross laced his standard lace rim? I bet that dude felt like a moron after posting that. I know I would have!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/20/2014 10:01 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

You remember the kid who posted pics of his wheels that had broken a bunch of spokes on a hop or something little, and he had cross laced his standard lace rim? I bet that dude felt like a moron after posting that. I know I would have!

I vaguely remember that haha but yeah

|