wheel question (read)

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2012 8:31 AM

I already tried posting this in the how to section but i had received no replies....I had bought a gsport ratchet hub with a rollcage rim and the odyssey spokes. Its a 48h wheel, and i have it laced 4 cross under the third, and its laced with equal tension on the spokes, but every fourth spoke it pokes out a ridiculous amount, any ideas on how to fix this or should i unlace it and twist the hub more before i get to do the third layer of spokes (the ones that lace under the spoke)

Any input is valued, im just a little lost here

|

5/2/2012 8:38 AM

Thats meant to be laced 3x if you bought that wheel build kit for $100 off odysseys site.

|

5/2/2012 8:39 AM

oh really? there was a thread under the how-to where a bunch of people said that you can still do it 4x

|

5/2/2012 9:10 AM

Tanner_rides_bmx wrote:

oh really? there was a thread under the how-to where a bunch of people said that you can still do it 4x

Did you cross lace it? I was using tutorials where people were using regular rims and it messed me up, with the cross lacing you need to lace the spokes from the left side of the hub flange to the right side rim holes and the right side to the left. When i did it this way there was no way the spoke would reach the nipple with a 4x pattern.

|

5/2/2012 10:50 AM

Someone in the random thread said they called and asked odyssey and they said it was meant to laced 3x

|

5/2/2012 11:04 AM

Bmxican406 wrote:

Someone in the random thread said they called and asked odyssey and they said it was meant to laced 3x

yup that was me.

|