wheel wobble / rubbing on frame

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 2:30 PM

my tire keeps pushing over and hitting the frame on my mtb the diamondback response. when i peddle normally without putting to much pressure it doesnt hit but when i really peddle to go fast it hits and rubs on the side of the frame. i have taken it apart and nothing looks wrong. so i dont know what wrong.
Please somebody give me some ideas.
Thanks

|

8/11/2013 2:34 PM

probably wasn't tight enough.pedal pressure won't affect whether or not it's true or not. so not tight enough is my guess

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/11/2013 2:38 PM

no the rim is straight but it wobbles a little when i peddle hard. also even if i straiten the rim and tires out before i tighten it and then i tighten it when its strait it still seems to go over.

|

8/11/2013 2:42 PM

Flexing the frame OR your wheel is moving when you crank too hard. You said it is an MTB? Those are pretty simple to flex compared to a bmx.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2013 2:48 PM

no it seems like its in the hub. i took it apart and it only has ball bearing that can fall out. they fell out before and i just put them back in. its wobbling a little on that area but everything seems fine as far as the bearings inside.

|

8/11/2013 4:08 PM

premiumrider1 wrote:

no it seems like its in the hub. i took it apart and it only has ball bearing that can fall out. they fell out before and i just put them back in. its wobbling a little on that area but everything seems fine as far as the bearings inside.

Not properly adjusted. If you keep riding it loose, you will DESTROY the cone and bearings.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2013 6:45 PM

i took all the balls out of the hub and now im going to try and set them back in place and see if that works.

|

8/11/2013 9:39 PM

keep your hub cone nuts tight

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/11/2013 9:48 PM

tighten it or true the wheels

|

check out my bike check and channel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYYlGifyUI

8/12/2013 5:33 AM

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura