which coaster? please help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/28/2013 11:21 PM

deciding between these two coasters for my 18 inch which needs a 3/8.i ride 50% park 40% dirt and 10 % street. really need some help guys.

http://flatlandfuel.com/khegreyhoundfreecoasterhub.aspx?variation=5892

http://flatlandfuel.com/stmartinevofreecoasterhub.aspx

|

just huck it

10/29/2013 5:53 AM

dont get a coaster. most people get coasters for street and you barely ride street... plus those are meant for flatland and wont hold up very long. if you do decide to get one though wait for the cult fc...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

10/29/2013 6:05 AM

The 3/8ths is the hard part.

Both of those are flatland coasters. If you don't run pegs you will be fine on them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/29/2013 7:14 AM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

dont get a coaster. most people get coasters for street and you barely ride street... plus those are meant for flatland and wont hold up very long. if you do decide to get one though wait for the cult fc...

whys it matter what you ride? if you want a coaster you want a coaster..... my bike is a very 'street' setup, and i barely ride street. Although there is no street where i live :L still, point stands

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/29/2013 11:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

The 3/8ths is the hard part.

Both of those are flatland coasters. If you don't run pegs you will be fine on them.

so they wont last if i run pegs? and since there meant for flatland they wont last?

|

just huck it

10/29/2013 12:00 PM

Don't get a coaster for park/trails. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't get the engagement you need. There's few park tricks that a coaster makes any sense and absolutely NOTHING at trails unless you plan on 180ing doubles or riding trails backwards.
Why do you want one? Because they don't make noise? You can silence a cassette hub and get the no-noise with the engagement that you actually need.
If you're dead set on a FC go with the Ezra, so you can swap to Cassette when you begin to regret it. Or find a used FC for $70- and ride it for atleast a year before you make the decision to buy a brand new FC.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/29/2013 1:30 PM

i dont think the erza will fit. i need a 3/8 thats kind of the whole point a made this.

|

just huck it

10/29/2013 1:45 PM

Most female FCs should do it then. KHE/Federal/Cult. I'd go cult and grind away the excess "shemale" axle stubs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/29/2013 8:42 PM

so a female coaster will fit? thanks so much for the help guys.

|

just huck it

10/30/2013 4:01 AM

if you were to cut about 3mm of the axle don on each side, then yeah

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/30/2013 8:00 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Don't get a coaster for park/trails. Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You don't get the engagement you need. There's few park tricks that a coaster makes any sense and absolutely NOTHING at trails unless you plan on 180ing doubles or riding trails backwards.
Why do you want one? Because they don't make noise? You can silence a cassette hub and get the no-noise with the engagement that you actually need.
If you're dead set on a FC go with the Ezra, so you can swap to Cassette when you begin to regret it. Or find a used FC for $70- and ride it for atleast a year before you make the decision to buy a brand new FC.

I think for trails it is silly, but not for park.

People ride coasters at parks all the time.

As far as flatland specific, they will handle some standing on pegs, but they typically are set up a little lighter as flatland has different stresses than street and park. Grinding will be likely to bend the alloy center axle, which will stress the bearings out some.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/30/2013 9:14 AM

i really want a female federal v3 or female cult match but i just dont know if itll fit.

|

just huck it