which front hub between profile mini vs gsportsimian vs shadow symbol

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2018 10:25 PM

Hi guys,
After a month or something, I am still looking for a front hub to put on my front wheel, since mine it’s broken.
I really like both shadow and simian ( gsport ) but I cannot find any reviews on them. I can't find videos on youtube.
I am looking for a hub that it’s quite light and allow me to grind ( i am using only 2 pegs ) .
Another option could be the front mini but I think it’s just a waste of money and could be dangerous because it's very fragile?

Many thanks.

|

6/21/2018 11:10 PM

all three are good but the gsport or shadow would be easier on your wallet in both the short and long run. For the shadow you can probably find chromoly hubguards specifically for that hub while with the Simian the choices are limited although you can use a uniguard as a front hubguard (with some modifications).

The profile is more of an acquired taste. Personally Im not the person to offer an opinion on them since Ive never used anything from profile (solely due to the financial aspect).

|

6/22/2018 12:04 AM

Gsport Simian. Best hub I've ever had. I've had zero issues with it... I got mine used and I believe the kid before me had it for 3-4 years and I've ridden it for about a year. So 5 year old hub in amazing shape. I recommend the hell out of it!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/22/2018 12:39 AM

Some people grind the hell of their profiles. Some have lots of issues. That being said, I suggest a simian, or BSD hubs

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/22/2018 3:37 AM

Hi guys!! Thank you so much for all your replies.
The gsport simian it’s 130€ with one hubguard while the shadow it’s 80 € with both guards.

|

6/22/2018 3:52 AM

Either the GSport or the Shadow will do you well. Just the GSport will survive a 20 foot drop to toothpick.

|

6/22/2018 4:00 AM

I have had the proper front hub since 4 years ago but, even if I am not a fan of grind, now it’s moving on the side few mm.
Looks like shadow it’s very good aswell but either simian and profile are piece of cakes. Very cool and light aswell.
Maybe the double cost it’s justified.. or atleast I hope.

|

6/22/2018 4:03 AM

In my opinion, The cost of Profile products is never justified.

|

6/22/2018 4:10 AM

jbales wrote:

In my opinion, The cost of Profile products is never justified.

I was referring to the gsport simian aswell.

|

6/22/2018 7:34 AM

Game-over guys.
The G-sport simbian it’s out of stock. Can’t believe it!
There is only the roloway but it’s too heavy for me..I mean..I am not grinding so much so I find useless having so much.

|

6/22/2018 8:07 AM

mattiabmx wrote:

Game-over guys.
The G-sport simbian it’s out of stock. Can’t believe it!
There is only the roloway but it’s too heavy for ...more

It's only 76 grams more. I'm not sure if they included the hub guards in that weight.

|

6/22/2018 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 8:36 AM

The Gsport Roloway is a solid hub, I've had mine since last year.

Get one.

Female axle, comes WITH dual plastic hub guards.

Rolls super smooth.

You can remove one of the guards and take close to an OZ off.

Seriously, the 1.5 OZ is something you won't really notice. Get it.

If weight is your issue, the profile is the lightest at like 8.1 OZ with 3/8ths axle and chromoly bolts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2018 11:35 PM

I'd personally get the Shadow. I have the Raptor front hub which is nearly identical to it (6902 bearings, chromoly axle & bolts) and I'm a well-known front hub killer, but it's held up just fine to all my grinding and I like doing a lot of hangers on ledges and smiths on both sides.

I can't vouch for the Roloway hub, but every other G-Sport front hub I've felt has always felt sluggish which I don't personally like. Plus I like the full chromoly axle as opposed to aluminum with steel threads.

|

6/23/2018 12:25 AM

G sport hubs have been proven over the past 20 odd years. The first hubs to ever have a no questions asked lifetime warranty back before 14mm axles existed. If you grind and don't use g sport, you're missing a trick

|

6/23/2018 2:06 PM

I don't know guys..I feel like there is nothing in the middle..or I go big with a gsport rolorway/odyssey vandero pro, or I go small with shadow symbol.
Like as I said, I don't like so much grinding, except for few feebles/double & smith. I didn't know why my 4 years old proper is now start moving and I need to change it since I don't like feeling my wheel move.
Maybe I will go with the shadow one. It's not better than the G-sport and it's not worst than proper..should be halfway I hope...

thank you guys for your help.

|

6/23/2018 8:19 PM

mattiabmx wrote:

I don't know guys..I feel like there is nothing in the middle..or I go big with a gsport rolorway/odyssey vandero pro, or I go ...more

The Shadow is in the middle though, a male axle hub would be at the bottom, G-Sport at the top, and Shadow in the middle as it's fairly generic but then again most front hubs are.

My only gripe with the G-Sport is that it's an aluminum axle. Yeah sure it has steel helicoils, but it's still aluminum. The cone spacer/collars can end up deforming on the axle and being a pain to get off if you need to do any maintenance.

|

6/23/2018 9:48 PM

mattiabmx wrote:

Hi guys,
After a month or something, I am still looking for a front hub to put on my front wheel, since mine it’s broken.
I ...more

I use the kind boulevard front hub and it's great

|