which is better?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2013 5:04 PM

Cult Match or BSD backstreet. And what are the major benefits of going with a female axle?

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/2/2013 5:07 PM

I'd get the Cult.
Female axles for rear use with pegs are only good if they're 17mm bolts. (Ratchet, Anti-Gram, BTR)
The Cult is basically a Primo Mix which is one hell of a good hub.
The BSD is good too, I'd get it in the male version instead.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/2/2013 5:08 PM

id got for the BSD but the male version just because I had the front hub and it was one of my favorite hubs

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/2/2013 5:09 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'd get the Cult.
Female axles for rear use with pegs are only good if they're 17mm bolts. (Ratchet, Anti-Gram, BTR)
The Cult is basically a Primo Mix which is one hell of a good hub.
The BSD is good too, I'd get it in the male version instead.

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/2/2013 5:11 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'd get the Cult.
Female axles for rear use with pegs are only good if they're 17mm bolts. (Ratchet, Anti-Gram, BTR)
The Cult is basically a Primo Mix which is one hell of a good hub.
The BSD is good too, I'd get it in the male version instead.

KRbmx17 wrote:

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

It seems like you're going more for the sound/look of the hub rather than its performances.
Female axles are supposed to be stronger and are ideal for heavy peg use.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/2/2013 5:12 PM

KRbmx17 wrote:

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

They are both good hubs, looks are what you like most.

|

DialedGuerraBmx

5/2/2013 5:14 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'd get the Cult.
Female axles for rear use with pegs are only good if they're 17mm bolts. (Ratchet, Anti-Gram, BTR)
The Cult is basically a Primo Mix which is one hell of a good hub.
The BSD is good too, I'd get it in the male version instead.

KRbmx17 wrote:

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

andyferly wrote:

It seems like you're going more for the sound/look of the hub rather than its performances.
Female axles are supposed to be stronger and are ideal for heavy peg use.

not gonna lie, that hub sounds amazing. i don't have any doubts about cult, i guess its just brand loyalty. haha.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/2/2013 5:15 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'd get the Cult.
Female axles for rear use with pegs are only good if they're 17mm bolts. (Ratchet, Anti-Gram, BTR)
The Cult is basically a Primo Mix which is one hell of a good hub.
The BSD is good too, I'd get it in the male version instead.

KRbmx17 wrote:

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

What? wrote:

They are both good hubs, looks are what you like most.

haha, yeah they are.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/2/2013 5:16 PM

KRbmx17 wrote:

Yeah, i had spun the cult wheel at a local shop and it sounded so nice. the bsd seems to be a pretty damn popular pick right now, so i was just wondering. And male axles do look better, thanks.

andyferly wrote:

It seems like you're going more for the sound/look of the hub rather than its performances.
Female axles are supposed to be stronger and are ideal for heavy peg use.

KRbmx17 wrote:

not gonna lie, that hub sounds amazing. i don't have any doubts about cult, i guess its just brand loyalty. haha.

Don't pick a hub by the sound of it.
And as for the brand loyalty, I never liked Cult as a company, their image is horrible, but they do have some quality products, even though a little overpriced.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/2/2013 5:22 PM

yeah, it looks pretty durable. i don't ride ridiculously hard, so i don't have any worries about the axle snapping or anything. i've rode a demo rolls for 2 years and nothing has happened to it. I'll probably have to do a little research before i make my final decision.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/2/2013 5:31 PM

KRbmx17 wrote:

yeah, it looks pretty durable. i don't ride ridiculously hard, so i don't have any worries about the axle snapping or anything. i've rode a demo rolls for 2 years and nothing has happened to it. I'll probably have to do a little research before i make my final decision.

Sounds good to me.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/3/2013 10:06 AM

i know its a pretty new hub, but anybody have any thoughts on the demo rolls v2? like have you heard anything good or bad about it? it's demolition so i'm assuming that its pretty damn strong.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85

5/3/2013 10:21 AM

Get yourself an Odyssey Antigram. Its a scaled down Ratchet hub which to me is one of the best hubs on the market. Its a real female axle not like the Cult & BSD which i call shemale. The Shemale hubs have a male axle that inserts into the dropouts of your frame & does up with 3/8ths bolts. Where as the Antigram or the Ratchet has 14mm bolts that insert through the drop outs into a bigger full female center axle. They are easier to work on, like real simple. The quality is beyond spectacular & hub guards are available too. Save up the extra money & get a better hub. Oh & for the Shadow fans wink better take a look at the BTR hub too. Also a full female hub with a 4 pawl drive similar to the Cult hub for "better" engagement.

|

5/3/2013 10:26 AM

Topsey wrote:

Get yourself an Odyssey Antigram. Its a scaled down Ratchet hub which to me is one of the best hubs on the market. Its a real female axle not like the Cult & BSD which i call shemale. The Shemale hubs have a male axle that inserts into the dropouts of your frame & does up with 3/8ths bolts. Where as the Antigram or the Ratchet has 14mm bolts that insert through the drop outs into a bigger full female center axle. They are easier to work on, like real simple. The quality is beyond spectacular & hub guards are available too. Save up the extra money & get a better hub. Oh & for the Shadow fans wink better take a look at the BTR hub too. Also a full female hub with a 4 pawl drive similar to the Cult hub for "better" engagement.

i dont know. not too much of an odyssey guy. don't get me wrong they make good parts, but i just don't really like the whole odyssey, sunday gsport kinda stuff. thats why i was considering the rolls v2. i had the v1 and it was a great hub, it still spins for a good 5 minutes, but after two years its just time for a change.

|

#5082827571
refs: howlerfbm, slade_vincent, Obiwan chromoly, BigCurn, MrHavor1988, DrewH85