which pedals would you recomend?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2015 10:04 PM

Shadow Conspiracy Ravager PC Pedals

BSD Safary

Primo jj palmere

Am currently running cult pc pedals and ive had them for arround 3 years soo i want new ones and those are the ones that caught my eye I ride street and like to grind alot but hardly hit my pedals, im starting to do drops so i want a bigger platform that the cult ones i personally like the palmere ones

|

11/5/2015 10:25 PM

Check out fly rubens

|

Deez nuts

11/5/2015 10:30 PM

been running the shadow ravenger plastics myself their pretty grippy. but Odyssey has a new pedal out im thinking about tom dugan sig? idk their thin plastic and are supper grippy from what odyssey has said about them their cheap try them out for us and get back with your opinions about them

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/6/2015 12:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2015 1:02 AM

Shadow ravager... Already tried on a friend bike, these are not large enough, they do their job but nothing crazy.
Never tried the JJ palmere pedals, they look super large (which is cool) but they don't have enough pins.
If you really want a big plateform, try the Eclat plaza, these are good.

But my choice go for the BSD safari, no doubt, by far the best pedals I had ride.
These have a large plateform and there is a lot of pins, 20 per face, by group of 3 which is fantastic because the pedal stay grippy even if it is alot worn out.
Especially the pin line on the outside side of the bike, who worn a little bit everytime you fall on the ground on when grinding.
Which is not cool because once this line is gone, the pedal become slippy.

But picture are better than words.

This is a BSD safari, 3 month old, still grippy
Photo

Now, this is a Duo resilite, 3 grinds old...
Photo

This is as simple as that.

|

11/6/2015 6:16 AM

Holy COW!

Plastics! YEEHA!

Just as a side note- I have never understood how plastics can EVER be grippy... My brand new plastics that came stock with my bike was OK, till i switched to a bear-trap metal pedal... HOLY MOLY the difference is just giraffgosorous!

Looking at those pics, I just want to cringe... Damn, there is no way any grip can come from things like that...
My view tho, because I am a dirt boy, and plastics, dirt, mud, and a drop of water is like oil on a blank piece of slippery shit!

What about those Odysseys where you can change both sides? That one looks pretty awesome...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

11/6/2015 12:08 PM

Skylight wrote:

Holy COW!

Plastics! YEEHA!

Just as a side note- I have never understood how plastics can EVER be grippy... My brand new ...more

Plastics are grippy while riding street or park, but when you get the pedal covered of mud... YES, plastics are shit.

|

11/6/2015 3:22 PM

I rode dirt for like 3 years pretty exclusively and ran Twisteds just fine, but it was never mud. We only worked when it was damp or we would haul water from a creek.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/6/2015 3:47 PM

Odyssey jc pc !!!

|

11/6/2015 3:50 PM

Welgo mg pedals

|

11/6/2015 4:11 PM

If you really want plastics get the cult dak pedals

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/6/2015 8:30 PM

I recommend pedals that rotate m8

But in all seriousness I have the BSD Safari Pedals and LOVE THEM. a good few months and they still grip perfectly, the Safari's would be an awesome choice because having all those pins on a plastic pedal REALLY helps.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/6/2015 9:49 PM

Odyssey Dugans fit what you're looking for
+1 for oversized axle

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2015 10:34 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Odyssey Dugans fit what you're looking for
+1 for oversized axle

that or dk ironcross pedals from the late 90s xD and a pair of shinguards...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/6/2015 11:15 PM

Odyssey Twisted pedals will be my favourite pedal of all time . Bought them every time without bothering to look at other ones when my bike shop carried them .

I rode BSD Safari pedals and they're pretty neat but nothing too special , I didn't notice a lot of difference but they are good for grinders with all the pins . Wear a couple our , still have 17 left haha.

Fit pedals ( team I think ? Couple years old now ) were by far the WORST lubricated monkey - slipping - on - bananas orgy ever , they were a flop.

Colony made decent ones , can't recall much though.

Rode use Eclat Plazas and they were amazing even used .

Fit Macs are what I'm riding now and they were slippery at first , but now they're good. I guess it's like a tire and they had a wax or resin on top ?

Premium Slims were fairly grippy but were by far the best feeling and looking pedal I've ridden , but alas they came loose even with loc tite and the body insert stripped easily . Shame really because I'd want more .

I've always been wanting to try metal pedals. But the price is just killer here .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short