which rim is better?? Ribcage or Rollcage, and i need a good drive side hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2013 4:57 AM

hey guys i ride street and i land pretty heavy, and i am trying a new wheel set up, cause mine is crap. my ideas for the new wheel set is a Cinema VX front hub with 2 VX front guards, with titanium spokes, laced to one of these Gsport Rims, and a Cinema VX2 rear hub with VX2 hub guard, and some other drive side guard , with titanium spokes, laced to one of these Gsport rims. so if u guys could help me out i would appreciate it.

thanks, MisfitCartel

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

8/12/2013 5:44 AM

Hardcore Street with Titanium Spokes?! For Serials do NOT use Titanium Spokes, if you want to save weight get Double Butted Spokes & Alloy Nipples. D.T Swiss ARE the best for Spokes & G-Sport offer the BEST Alloy Nipples. When you see Alloy Nipples a lot of them are just regular Nipples just made of a lighter & most importantly SOFTER material. The Taper Hex Alloy Nipples are just that Tapered & Hexed shaped which will postpone the eventually rounding off. I don't think it will prevent it but they will last a SHIT load longer than a regular Alloy Nipple.

For the Rims i would go with a Ribcage, If you can afford to pay the extra money for them, they are better. The Rollcage is basically a more affordable basic material Ribcage.

As for the Hubs, If you really want super strong street tough Hubs then you need to look into. BSD, G-Sport, Eclat, Odyssey Antigrams, Shadow Raptor & BTR & Tree Straight Pull (You'll need to their Spokes)

Also, If you want the strongest, long lasting Hub Guards you need to get Heat Treated Chromoly Guards. Some of the Hubs i mentioned do not offer them & a couple of them are releasing them in the not to distant future.

Something a long the lines of...

G-Sport Ribcage 36h Rim
Shadow Raptor 36h 3/8ths Front Hub
D.T Swiss Competition Double Butted Spokes x 36
G-Sport Taper Hex Alloy Nipples x 36
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO Hub Guard x 2

G-Sport Ribcage 36h Rim
Shadow BTR 36h 9t Female Cassette Hub
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO Hub Guard
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated Drive Side Guard

Pretty bomb proof street Wheelset right there!

|

8/12/2013 6:19 AM

Ribcage.
Screw the Cinema hubs and Ti spokes.
Just get what Topsey said, pretty much bombproof.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/12/2013 6:24 AM

Topsey wrote:

Hardcore Street with Titanium Spokes?! For Serials do NOT use Titanium Spokes, if you want to save weight get Double Butted Spokes & Alloy Nipples. D.T Swiss ARE the best for Spokes & G-Sport offer the BEST Alloy Nipples. When you see Alloy Nipples a lot of them are just regular Nipples just made of a lighter & most importantly SOFTER material. The Taper Hex Alloy Nipples are just that Tapered & Hexed shaped which will postpone the eventually rounding off. I don't think it will prevent it but they will last a SHIT load longer than a regular Alloy Nipple.

For the Rims i would go with a Ribcage, If you can afford to pay the extra money for them, they are better. The Rollcage is basically a more affordable basic material Ribcage.

As for the Hubs, If you really want super strong street tough Hubs then you need to look into. BSD, G-Sport, Eclat, Odyssey Antigrams, Shadow Raptor & BTR & Tree Straight Pull (You'll need to their Spokes)

Also, If you want the strongest, long lasting Hub Guards you need to get Heat Treated Chromoly Guards. Some of the Hubs i mentioned do not offer them & a couple of them are releasing them in the not to distant future.

Something a long the lines of...

G-Sport Ribcage 36h Rim
Shadow Raptor 36h 3/8ths Front Hub
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO Hub Guard x 2

G-Sport Ribcage 36h Rim
Shadow BTR 36h 9t Female Cassette Hub
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated CRMO Hub Guard
Shadow Conspiracy Heat Treated Drive Side Guard

Pretty bomb proof street Wheelset right there!

thanks man, this is helping me a lot, i will prob get the exact same thing u said!

|

BIKE CHECK

8/12/2013 6:25 AM

andyferly wrote:

Ribcage.

and i said titanium cause i though thy would be strong! lol

|

BIKE CHECK

8/12/2013 6:27 AM

andyferly wrote:

Ribcage.

misfitcartel wrote:

Well it's debatable.
Personally I wouldn't even think of spending so much money on spokes.
Just get D.T. Swiss or Odysseys aint bad either, I think I got Odyssey rear and some Shadow ones front, I honestly don't know or care haha.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/12/2013 7:59 AM

ribcage. shadow dsg

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

8/12/2013 8:21 AM

Ti is usually regarded as strong because in the rest of the world titanium products will weigh the same as their Alum./steel counterparts, but have much more material, hence being stronger. Ti spokes would probably be fine, but the weight difference wouldn't be very noticeable, nor would the strength. So I would just go with normal 14G spokes.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

8/12/2013 8:47 AM

Ribcage rims
Tree or daily grind dsg
Gsport marmo and ratchet

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/12/2013 10:58 AM

andyferly wrote:

Ribcage.

misfitcartel wrote:

They are hard but very brittle, so for a lot of little cases and bad landings will be fine and the wheel shouldn't buckle much because they are harder to bend, but a really hard landing or bad case wheel very easily snap the spokes.

|

8/12/2013 11:12 AM

Ti spokes are a shit idea unless your a racer......I got a ribcage I'm loving it all g sports quality though

|

8/12/2013 11:16 AM

The shadow dsg is super strong have been running it for a year. Do not get a primo dsg they bend I bent mine in a month.

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

8/12/2013 11:45 AM

The Plastic Primo DSG is supposedly REALLY good but the Metal ones are shite haha.

|